Preview Changes vs Hawks Rd 22 (A last run for some? Caff, Goldy, Cloke and Witts in, see team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah true. Just a thought though. Need to make gibson accountable
I'd trust Crocker. Although I don't think his form warrants AFL call up. He's a natural forward with good hands.

If he's unselfish he should be able to separate and get the ball.

I also think we can beat the Hawks this week and if a series of other results pan out, we can send them down to 7th and back to Perth to face West Coast in a knock out final... perfect. If we can play like we did this week but clean up the silly errors and minimise poor disposal turnovers we can match the Hawks in most areas and have a potential big advantage in the middle of the ground.

I'd trust Crocker. Although I don't think his form warrants AFL call up. He's a natural forward with good hands.

Kid's got a football brain - still needs time but there's a lot to like. You can't teach footy smarts I think he has them

I also think we can beat the Hawks this week and if a series of other results pan out, we can send them down to 7th and back to Perth to face West Coast in a knock out final... perfect. If we can play like we did this week but clean up the silly errors and minimise poor disposal turnovers we can match the Hawks in most areas and have a potential big advantage in the middle of the ground.

That would be the middle that includes Mitchell, Lewis, Shiel, Burgoyne, Hodge (at times) and Hill? I'm sure I've forgotten three or four

Can't see us winning this one, but i hope we put in a good effort.

Last time we get to see the pies for 2016 :(

I remember being so pumped and excited the morning of round 1, another dissapointing year. Guess i can only hope next year we're better.
I think we could've if they didn't lose this week

That would be the middle that includes Mitchell, Lewis, Shiel, Burgoyne, Hodge (at times) and Hill? I'm sure I've forgotten three or four
We should have the ruck advantage and with Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom, Aish and Crisp lining up there, we are not short on talent. Also, when you compare hitouts and clearances over the year, the Pies and Hawks are fairly evenly matched. We do need to turn up 100% focused, which we haven't always done this year, and if an upset our two earlier in the round mean the Hawks are eyeing off a top two position then the intensity will be immense.

We should have the ruck advantage and with Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom, Aish and Crisp lining up there, we are not short on talent. Also, when you compare hitouts and clearances over the year, the Pies and Hawks are fairly evenly matched. We do need to turn up 100% focused, which we haven't always done this year, and if an upset our two earlier in the round mean the Hawks are eyeing off a top two position then the intensity will be immense.
We should - and will BUT what we don't have is the collective know how that that HAwthorn midfield does. SKill we may even have an edge, but knowing precisely what to do and when to do it we're no match for those guys..and they'll have plan in place to cope with Grundy's possible dominance.

You know he played last night right?

He played Saturday night Cap obvious.

Yep. Still doesn't change the fact his form didn't warrant a call up.
Tend to agree ...but I think what he does do better than most is follow instructions. I saw him play in Ballarat in the 2's and thought he was very ordinary...but he did seem to be playing some sort of defensive fwd role. I like him, but was surprised when he was called up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an interestig one...I'd be tempted to play him given their lack of height...but its a big risk. I'd also play Greenwood on Mitchell..and give him license to go all out
I think Cloke is plenty tall enough for Dawks backline and Cox still too green against a super seasoned DAwks team in a very important game for them.

To my way of thinking it is a no brainer that Cloke must play with Moore out. I can't see any downside and there's no way I'd be bringing in Cox for such an important game. The risks would be too great. The fact is that Cloke will likely be the most motivated player in the side if he plays. If he still sees himself at Collingwood next year he will not only have the motivation of defending the 4peat record but to prove to Bucks that he is still able to produce his best. Even if he sees himself leaving he will want to pump up his value to a prospective new team. He simply must play IMO.

Can't see us winning this one, but i hope we put in a good effort.

Last time we get to see the pies for 2016 :(

I remember being so pumped and excited the morning of round 1, another dissapointing year. Guess i can only hope next year we're better.

Yeah I had that same feeling round 1 with high expectations... Well a finals berth anyway.

I'm sure we will have the same feeling the morning of round 1 2017.

Carman's brain fade in the prelim and Moore's hammy combined to cost us the '77 flag. Moore played but couldn't really influence the game like he usually did - I think it limited him to just the forward line.
l think you will find the moores hammy was a problem in the 1981 granny not 77

Lot some disrespect to Clokey that doesn't sit well IMO.

I get that he hasn't had the best year - and he has his flaws - but to say he sits out so we can have a stronger tilt for Vfl is crazy.

A couple of things, a. Don't believe we should ever sacrafice the 1sts for the reserves; and b. It doesn't send a great vote of confidence for us going forward if we start manipulating situations like this (especially if he's not likely to stay).

But more importantly than all that, Clokey is a Collingwood champion; a true Collingwood champion in that he was flawed - but brilliant too. And (if it's likely he's going) I think players like that should get one more chance to wear the black and white on an afternoon at the MCG, so all us fans can thank him for the memories: some tears - definitely some frustration - but also a hell of a lot of joy.

Lot some disrespect to Clokey that doesn't sit well IMO.

I get that he hasn't had the best year - and he has his flaws - but to say he sits out so we can have a stronger tilt for Vfl is crazy.

A couple of things, a. Don't believe we should ever sacrafice the 1sts for the reserves; and b. It doesn't send a great vote of confidence for us going forward if we start manipulating situations like this (especially if he's not likely to stay).

But more importantly than all that, Clokey is a Collingwood champion; a true Collingwood champion in that he was flawed - but brilliant too. And (if it's likely he's going) I think players like that should get one more chance to wear the black and white on an afternoon at the MCG, so all us fans can thank him for the memories: some tears - definitely some frustration - but also a hell of a lot of joy.
There's 2 sides to the "should Cloke play" debate I reckon.

1. He plays because he makes our senior side better, because with Moore out he simply does, and he's the best option to come in.

But;

2. Travis Cloke won't be at Collingwood next year, let's not kid ourselves. So the best thing for Travis Cloke is to actually play VFL this weekend and VFL finals. 3-4 games on TV of him tearing up the VFL helps both parties when the inevitable trade does happen. He gets a bigger offer or more interest, and we get a better return for him.

I honestly don't care which way we go. We aren't beating Hawthorn, another don't kid yourself, but Cloke gives us a better chance of being competitive. But if option 2 happens I'm obviously happy with that too.

I think he won't play.

I think Cox will come in for Moore, but that's my educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back