Preview Changes vs Hawks (Rnd 5) In: Petty, Hibberd, MBrown Out: Fritsch(inj), Jetta(Omit), May(inj), Sparrow(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Petty is in for May this week. Probably good to let him have a run this week at AFL level before playing the Tigers.

The team should be able to cover for May. As it stands, they have the luxury of either utilizing Tmac as a swingman in fwd/defence or they can have Gawn drop back while Jackson shoulders more of the rucking responsibility.

Jordon needs a holiday, looks knackered. I'd give him a week off. He is not as sharp as rounds 1-3. Not sure who would replace him, Sparrow I guess? Maybe Baker?

Hibberd has in the past played on bigger forwards so it make sense it comes in

Hawks don't have any gorilla type forwards and Richmond only have Lynch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please just win this week and we can pull the injury card against the Tigers...

Always enjoyable being able to pull that card before the game and play with house money 👍

Mitch Brown, anyone?

Na, would rather make Jacko a focal point this week and see what he can do. Wouldn't be surprised if Max spent some time forward this week either like against GWS.

Well, all eyes on Melksham this week then, he's such a beautiful kick, hope he can put it together again, played a massive role in our good patches of footy in 2018.

Maybe Petty does come in as he has the flexibility to play back in place of May to keep Lever able to play his role, or forward as another marking target in place of Fritsch (even though a significantly different type of marking forward and may get in the way of Gawn/Jackson as he’s more similar to their style).

Agree with earlier posts that in theory Melksham should be able to play the Fritsch role as he’s the most similar type in his glory days, but I don’t have confidence he can anymore.

Maybe it’s a 70/30 forward/mid game for Petracca for this week with the Jordon and Sparrow (and Jones) midfield depth in place of Petracca.

I suppose the good thing is if there are this many options and possibilities, that’s hard for Hawthorn to plan against. While he’s hard to stop, at least Hawthorn would’ve known exactly what Fritsch was going to do and that is now a big question mark.

No Fritsch shouldnt effect us, good sides don't fall apart with a couple injuries. That's why they are good because its a majority playing well.

Fritsch has been very good, but if losing him makes much of a difference to the overall team we are ****ed anyway.

No Fritsch shouldnt effect us, good sides don't fall apart with a couple injuries. That's why they are good because its a majority playing well.

Fritsch has been very good, but if losing him makes much of a difference to the overall team we are f’ed anyway.

Agreed, pretty rare for a team to go through a season without any injuries to key players.

Not ideal but at least it gives us a chance to play around with the magnets and check our contingency plans..... better now than when it actually matters later in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back