Preview Changes vs Hawks (Rnd 5) In: Petty, Hibberd, MBrown Out: Fritsch(inj), Jetta(Omit), May(inj), Sparrow(Omit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Having pumped up Bowey, im far from convinced about Laurie on what Ive seen. He's got some positives but could easily be a bust also imo.

I've always said apart from a rare breed you need to see some attribute from a player that's elite at AFL level.
Someone like Jackson for example, his agility and his skills below his knees shows high quality potential.

I don't see anything about Jordan that says he could be anything more than a decent player.

I'm on phone rn so can't link it, but go watch his Draft highlights video on Melbourne YouTube. He has a kick halfway through for Oakleigh and he kicks it 40m to number 22 inside 50, I don't think many could do that. His kicking style also reminds me a bit of Josh Kelly but right footed.
There's alot of good kicks in the juniors, you need the mental strength to do it at AFL level. Oliver was one of the best kicks the drafts ever had, doesn't do it at AFL level.

I just don't see composure with Jordan or anything athletic that helps him stand out.

More Gysberts to me than Matt Jones.

Casey will feature on ch 7 from midday today (AEST ) so we will see the reserves in a competitive match .

The Casey thread is going to get some unprecedented use today. I'm very keen to have a watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played half the game because he was playing sh*t.
This whole Jordans class narrative has been worked in by people at the club but he hasn't displayed any of it yet.
Thought he looked good on debut against Fremantle, but agree he hasn’t done much since and isn’t best 22 at full strength, but Improvement will come with experience and while we are winning I think they are trying to give him as much experience as possible

If he keeps having 4 disposals games he will be playing for Morwell next year.
This is my favourite new vendetta :). He's already shown enough to get another year, even if he's at Casey the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back