Preview Changes vs Hawks (Sunday 13/9 3.35pm)

Reckon this is a massive danger game. Clarko hates the dogs and will pump up his side to come at us hard. Midfield needs to be switched on from the start to kill any early momentum. Would start Libba in the centre and keep him there the whole first quarter - seriously how good is he, can't believe his return to form this year, I think he's definitely benefited from the smaller game time.

In: Lipinski, Suckling
Out: Hayes, Richards
Wonder if he will try to preempt the rule of the day by saying something about umpiring.

Suckers likes playing the Hawks :)

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd make 3 changes;

- Lipinski in for Hayes, Lips scratch form sounded tremendous, addressing his issues, so much classier than Hayes, who has not been bad, but is limited and may be injured.

- Suckling in for Richards, Ed's output has been poor and dropping. Needs a rest and a bit of time in the 2s to work on his deficiencies. Suckling may not get a heap more of it, but his touches can count for a lot. Gives us more versatility and experience

- Schache for Lloyd, similar type, but Shack will run harder and longer and runs to places that help teammates, his height is an issue for the opposition and can chop out in the Ruck.

3 improvements for mine.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2:52

That's almost uncomfortable viewing. Richard's looks like he knows he did SFA and can barely look at Bevo.

This is the week he goes down to scratch match. It's not fair to him or the team to keep playing him he is so far out of form.

I reckon he can come good but needs to find form and earn his spot at a lower level. He may even think that watching that interaction.

Welcome back Suckers.

In doG we Trust

Debutant
Aug 17, 2010
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2:52

That's almost uncomfortable viewing. Richard's looks like he knows he did SFA and can barely look at Bevo.

This is the week he goes down to scratch match. It's not fair to him or the team to keep playing him he is so far out of form.

I reckon he can come good but needs to find form and earn his spot at a lower level. He may even think that watching that interaction.

Welcome back Suckers.
Reasonable observation there. Good little video there too, thanks for sharing. I think Ed's problem is that he's a winger/half back flanker in a team of them. Given that, we could probably afford to have him regain form in twos. And bring in an extra forward as that's where we're struggling. So Dale or Suckling (playing Suckers forward obv). Hayes isn't injured as we thought he may be but do you bring in a forward for him too as he didn't have to do much against Eagles. So IN Dale & Suckling. OUT Richards & Hayes?

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is the weakest Hawthorn team I’ve ever seen, it will be a good game to get the forwards other than Wallis some form before the finals. Even Bruce might be able to kick a couple.

With the Giants percentage the team can’t afford to pull up short like they did against the crows.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
At least we pulled up short and won. GWS on the other hand ..... 🤣

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is the weakest Hawthorn team I’ve ever seen, it will be a good game to get the forwards other than Wallis some form before the finals. Even Bruce might be able to kick a couple.

With the Giants percentage the team can’t afford to pull up short like they did against the crows.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This game doesn't worry me whatsoever, it's Freo that does. Can definitely see us belting the Hawks, then Freo cockblocking us

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Strange both teams have to get on a plane from Brisbane when there’s no game at the Gabba on Sunday.
Isn't Hawthorn hubbing in Adelaide? They were at a hotel in Barossa for a while and just assumed they remained there, hence them playing a few home games in Adelaide recently.

Isn't Hawthorn hubbing in Adelaide? They were at a hotel in Barossa for a while and just assumed they remained there, hence them playing a few home games in Adelaide recently.
Pretty sure they're already there. Are we allowed to fly down on Saturday? Bevo had to make a special appeal for us to fly to Cairns the day before the game.

Feb 10, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd make 3 changes;

- Lipinski in for Hayes, Lips scratch form sounded tremendous, addressing his issues, so much classier than Hayes, who has not been bad, but is limited and may be injured.

- Suckling in for Richards, Ed's output has been poor and dropping. Needs a rest and a bit of time in the 2s to work on his deficiencies. Suckling may not get a heap more of it, but his touches can count for a lot. Gives us more versatility and experience

- Schache for Lloyd, similar type, but Shack will run harder and longer and runs to places that help teammates, his height is an issue for the opposition and can chop out in the Ruck.

3 improvements for mine.

You forgot the 4th cahnge - Wood for Rourke

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty sure they're already there. Are we allowed to fly down on Saturday? Bevo had to make a special appeal for us to fly to Cairns the day before the game.
Yeah, we are sharing a flight with Essendon on the Saturday morning then we are also flying up to Cairns on the Saturday. Saw an article yesterday about it. Freo are already up there and Melbourne had to fly up the same day as game and weren't happy, so I guess the Dogs saw that and put in a request. Given we would have to hire a charter flight and would need accomm at either Adelaide or Cairns, I guess it doesn't impact the AFL either way.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Id give wood an extra week off get him refreshed for the Freo game now that we are odds on to make finals

Out: richards, Hayes, r.smith, Lloyd
In: suckling, duryea, schache, lipinski

Fb. Cordy keath duryea
Hb. williams gardner crozier
C. Schache macrea hunter
Hf. McLean Bruce wallis
Ff. Suckling naughton dunkley
R. English bont libba
Int. Daniel jj b.smith lipinski

I hope we play McLean as a loose tag like last week, done a fantastic job would like to see him follow omeara around as his their only mid that does any damage

Last edited:

of Kintyre

Draftee
Sep 10, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That is a great team Mojorisn
Ed due for a break; Hayes ,Rourke and Lloyd no more games please
You have Jack playing CHB and in the guts as well - Wood at CHB and that is happy days

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That is a great team Mojorisn
Ed due for a break; Hayes ,Rourke and Lloyd no more games please
You have Jack playing CHB and in the guts as well - Wood at CHB and that is happy days
Typo was meant to be everyone's favourite Gardner at hb

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would love us to score 80-100 Points in this match, that's in total not actually 80-100 points that would be very bad football.

I have given up trying to predict changes, powerball has better odds of getting it right.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was thinking 15-10 or 14-10 or 13-10, 23 to 25 shots at goal with around 5000 metres gained which is quite probable given the
various ratios that have presented during the 2020 season.
We will always find a way to kick more points then goals

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We will always find a way to kick more points then goals
I like to differentiate between points as points scored and points rushed, sometimes a team is not as wayward as you think with
points scored, but our biggest flaw in game style is allowing the opponent to get numbers back with our over possession of the
football between the arcs. A wise man once said "there are no goal posts between the arcs" which is very true.

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Danger game for mine. We're notoriously easy to play against and i reckon Clarko will have a plan.
Agree, just not sure they have the personnel atm but they may get a few back... Bottom line if we lose we're not worthy of a finals chance :cool:

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Danger game for mine. We're notoriously easy to play against and i reckon Clarko will have a plan.
Yep and that plan is to not let pick 3 slip away.

It’s so obvious that we are trying not to win, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Back