Preview Changes vs Hawks (Sunday 13/9 3.35pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are either likely to go around again next year?

Bevo has expressed that he wants the Doc around and has a role, he wasn’t played this year was simply due to injury with back and groin. However, if he broke down next year that might be a big issue for him.

Suckling is much more unclear and unlikely. But he has served the Dogs 4 years in the end.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Duryea back after being out from a year long injury run against a Hawthorn side that will no doubt want a win, I don't see it ending well unless he is fully fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bevo values a settled backline and they have been playing well as a unit. I don't see him making unforced changes there 2 weeks out from finals.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure about bringing in two more half backs.

I’m no fan of Suckling anyway - why would we not play either Cavarra or Weightman ?

Richards is fast so we cannot drop him.

Pfft.
Duryea is alot more defensive then richards or any of our other smaller backman. He is our best at locking down small forwards

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
I really like seeing Duryea back in the team. He was definitely in our best 22 last season when he was fit. And he is a good kick and mark for his height. Hope this is two games for him to settle back in and also move one of JJ or Richards to the wing. Suckling will play forward and replace Lloyd.

I really don’t mind the extra experience both players bring. I hope English can play like he did last week and run McEvoy around and jump over him. He needs to go hard at the ball like last week. Give our midfield a chance and we should win.

I really like seeing Duryea back in the team. He was definitely in our best 22 last season when he was fit. And he is a good kick and mark for his height. Hope this is two games for him to settle back in and also move one of JJ or Richards to the wing. Suckling will play forward and replace Lloyd.

I really don’t mind the extra experience both players bring. I hope English can play like he did last week and run McEvoy around and jump over him. He needs to go hard at the ball like last week. Give our midfield a chance and we should win.

Has he played many scratch matches? I just hope he is ready.

Back