Preview Changes vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well it's season over. A great chance to bid farewell to three of our favourites: Bob, Matty and Friday Night Football.

Matty Boyd is a must for his farewell game.
If Webb's papers are stamped then he can stay in the VFL, but if we seriously want to keep him he must get a game.
Toyd MUST stay in the VFL if he is to remain eligible for finals (at least someone said that in the VFL thread).

Lipinski seems to have had two very good games back from injury so let's get a look at him. Could be a good opportunity for him to inherit a single-digit jumper from one of the retirees.

It matters nought whether Young plays or not in terms of our season so why not give him another game for the experience? He's going to be a long term player and a very good one.

So I think that means:

IN - M.Boyd, Lipinski and possibly Webb
OUT - Stringer (inj), Dickson (omit) and WGAF who the 3rd one is - there's bound to be a surprise injury.

I suppose we can go one of two ways: give all the veterans a fond farewell or give players such as Lipinski and Collins a go. I don't really care too much as long as some of the poorly performed established players get the chop. I've had it with them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Need to bring in Moyd for a farewell game. Also wouldn't mind blooding Lipinski after 32 VFL touches, as well as consider giving Webb, Honeychurch and Hamilton one last chance to prove their worth.

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
In. M.Boyd, Lapinski, Webb, Honeychurch

Out. Stringer, Dickson, Libba, Dunkley (get them ready for next year)

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
In: M. Boyd, Lipinski, Webb
Out: Stringer (inj.), Dickson, Dunkley

It's clear that Dickson and Dunkley are not 100% so no reason to keep playing them now we are out of the finals. Boyd gets his farewell game, Lipinski gets his debut and I think Webb deserves another crack after more solid VFL form.

Wouldn't be against a Campbell return either. Thought his AFL form was ok before his injury

Last edited:

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I still think Bev will play what he perceives to be his best team while there is still a chance we play finals.

Would look like mugs if we concede then by some miracle Freo beat Essendon (yes I know it almost certainly won't happen)

In saying that I'd like to play Lipinski. Seems a very good replacement for Dickson/ crameri

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did not see the game. Can anyone tell me what happened to Bont? I know he copped a bad knock from Stevie J last week and was sore afterwards.

If he is indeed sore then:

Out: Stringer, Bontempelli, Young
In: Lippinski, M.Boyd, Campbell

Also does anyone think that it might be Dickson's last game also?

Did not see the game. Can anyone tell me what happened to Bont? I know he copped a bad knock from Stevie J last week and was sore afterwards.

If he is indeed sore then:

Out: Stringer, Bontempelli, Young
In: Lippinski, M.Boyd, Campbell

Also does anyone think that it might be Dickson's last game also?
Re Dickson: he's contracted for next season so it's very unlikely he will 'fall on his sword'. Not sure what money he's on but few players would give up several hundred thousand dollars voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back