Preview Changes vs. Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think most of the changes next week will speak for themselves & for once we won't have to make wholesale changes.

OUT: T. McDonald (eye) & Lockhart (omitted)

IN: Brown & 1 x Sparrow/Rivers/Jordon (pending who did well in the AFLX style scratch match)

I think most of the changes next week will speak for themselves & for once we won't have to make wholesale changes.

OUT: T. McDonald (eye) & Lockhart (omitted)

IN: Brown & 1 x Sparrow/Rivers/Jordon (pending who did well in the AFLX style scratch match)

Agreed.

Only other possibility is Melksham being dropped. Been very average all season. Jones or ANB might deserve a shot in his role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

* TMacs injury was annoying, was just starting to show some signs in the first quarter that he was running into some form finally, coach utensil womble allowing him to use his endurance and lead up the ground a bit more often.

Got me ****ed why it took him so long to let him roam a bit more.

In 2018 I remember games Tom would start on the wing sometimes and drift forward and kick plenty of goals. Made him a match up nightmare.

What about tmac guess we'll see.
I don't think we will make any changes if tmac is ok
I’m hoping he’s alright, if not Jackson or Brown.

Lockhart and Melksham have been average all year.

Tomlinson should never of been dropped, Jones can Melksham’s forward role

I’m hoping he’s alright, if not Jackson or Brown.

Lockhart and Melksham have been average all year.

Tomlinson should never of been dropped, Jones can Melksham’s forward role
I know what you're saying but I actually think Melksham was better last night. Plus I think he's one Goodwin's favourites that's why I think he won't get dropped. I actually think Jetta is closer to the chopping block than Lockhart but I just think the coaches want to get a bit more continuity in the team. I wouldn't mind getting a second look at jackson if tmac is out but would imagine it would be the more experienced brown.

Only issue with dropping Lockhart is you have to find someone else who will sit deep and release Hibberd and Salem to rebound. Not sure anyone else really fits the bill

Only issue with dropping Lockhart is you have to find someone else who will sit deep and release Hibberd and Salem to rebound. Not sure anyone else really fits the bill
Wasn't Chandler being trained as a small back this year? Would probably have similar problems to Lockhart though, in terms of his inexperience in the role. ANB maybe? I seem to remember him being 'ok' as a defensive forward on a couple of occasions.

Hunt might get thrown back in defence, but otherwise the cupboard is pretty bare.

If TMc is ok then it might just be Lockhart out for one of the above (or Rivers). Vanders didn't do a lot (bar a couple good tackles) and might be swapped for Tomlinson or Jones, although won't be fussed if he gets another game as I do enjoy those 1-2 smashing of blokes he does each game. Needs to find more footy though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta should be dropped tbf. And I'm one of his biggest fans. He's just so slow nowadays, it pains me to see it. Cause his will is as strong as ever. :(

Jetta should be dropped tbf. And I'm one of his biggest fans. He's just so slow nowadays, it pains me to see it. Cause his will is as strong as ever. :(
I thought he was always slow, just never lost his man. His opponent seems to get a bit of space now but I'm still happy to see him get a couple of weeks more.

I thought he was always slow, just never lost his man.

He's just really slow now, the will power and appetite for the contest can no longer overcome it.

100% I hope it's just some sort of form slump and he proves me wrong but I fear he's just not the same player anymore.

Tbf Hibberd looked done several times over the last 12 months or so and I feel he's found some real form. I'd stick with Nev. Besides, who replaces him right now? Rivers had 1 good game and shouldn't be expected to take the small forwards Nev does. I like Lockhart, but he makes costly mistakes. Something Nev really doesn't do. I don't think we can afford to drop him. His leadership should also be taken into account. Let's see how he's going in a month. But agree small forwards look really dangerous against us atm.

Tbf Hibberd looked done several times over the last 12 months or so and I feel he's found some real form. I'd stick with Nev. Besides, who replaces him right now? Rivers had 1 good game and shouldn't be expected to take the small forwards Nev does. I like Lockhart, but he makes costly mistakes. Something Nev really doesn't do. I don't think we can afford to drop him. His leadership should also be taken into account. Let's see how he's going in a month. But agree small forwards look really dangerous against us atm.

I love him and happy to persist cause we really don't have anyone else but his days of being the shutdown backman he was are done imo.

I love him and happy to persist cause we really don't have anyone else but his days of being the shutdown backman he was are done imo.
I wouldn't write him completely off in that regard just yet. But it's looking likely die to his diminishing speed, that he will struggle to keep up with the Rankine's and Walter's/Cameron's of the comp. But it's a whole back 6 effort for me that helps stop these guys. May played on Charlie Cameron last year and held him to a handful of possessions and 1 lucky goal. So there are options. I just think Jetta's leadership down there is vital. Omac, May and Lever simply HAVE to play the rest of the year together. I think we need to have a stable back 5 or 6 now and Jetta is a part of that IMO..

Hore is injured and whilst I really rate him he is too similar to Lever to play in the same side.
Don't agree with that. If we are playing Lockhart and Salem in defence we have room for an actual defender.
Tigs managed with Grimes Astbury Rance and Vlastuin.

Yea Hore's a gun. You find a way to include him. If that means Salem gets moved to the wing or his spot in the side is in jeopardy then so be it. Might actually be nice to make him do something to hold his place in the team for a change.

Don't agree with that. If we are playing Lockhart and Salem in defence we have room for an actual defender.
Tigs managed with Grimes Astbury Rance and Vlastuin.

Yea Hore's a gun. You find a way to include him. If that means Salem gets moved to the wing or his spot in the side is in jeopardy then so be it. Might actually be nice to make him do something to hold his place in the team for a change.

I don't disagree at all, I'd love to see Salem moved up the ground. How good was his kicking in the forward half!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back