Preview Changes vs. Hawks

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love Hore but i'm not sure if the coaches rate him long term, despite him being injured currently.

Averaged like over 3 intercept marks a game last year. Has the confidence to stick them in defence and can drift across a pack Jared Rivers style. Also just seems like a really calm guy. Which our backline/side needs.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love Hore but i'm not sure if the coaches rate him long term, despite him being injured currently.

Averaged like over 3 intercept marks a game last year. Has the confidence to stick them in defence and can drift across a pack Jared Rivers style. Also just seems like a really calm guy. Which our backline/side needs.

Yeh I think you're right, I'd have Hore automatic 22, but I don't think the coaches do just yet either, hope we are wrong and he comes straight in when fit

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Heard it was a dropped barbell in the gym? Either way, another couple of weeks off I'd say.

Thats right he hurt his toe whilst recovering from a torn quad,

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Probably no need for any changes, depending on TMac.

I still think Tomlinson is best 22 as well but eh, probably doesn't matter a great deal.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jetta should be dropped tbf. And I'm one of his biggest fans. He's just so slow nowadays, it pains me to see it. Cause his will is as strong as ever. :(

Jetta is a shadow of the player he was in 2018

In - Tomlinson, Brown (If T Mac is done)
Out - Lockhart

F - Pickett, Brown/Weideman, Fritsch
HF - Hannan, Weideman/T Mac, Bennell
C - Langdon, Viney, VandenBerg
HB - Salem, O Mac, Harmes
B - Lever, May, Hibberd
Ruck - Gawn, Oliver, Petracca
Int - Brayshaw, Jetta, Tomlinson,

The Hawks change thread is full of people calling for Scully to be dropped. I really did think I had stopped resenting him, but seeing his career go from pick one to bog average really does feel like justice. I don't wish him ill personally, but this is perfect. All that money and a wholly unmemorable career.

The Hawks change thread is full of people calling for Scully to be dropped. I really did think I had stopped resenting him, but seeing his career go from pick one to bog average really does feel like justice. I don't wish him ill personally, but this is perfect. All that money and a wholly unmemorable career.

After seeing what weve done to so many players over the years who could blame him. His career probably would have been over years ago win us.

Dustin Martin,? nah, Melbourne FC don't want a piece of that.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I found it funny how they said they got the Melbourne version of scully and not the gws version as if being at Melbourne as if he was terrible at the Dees. He only played two seasons and probably had his best quarter of his career at the Dees that 18 disposal last quarter in the wet and if scully looked so terrible why would gws offer him such big money after one season? It's not as if they turned gysbert into a star.

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I found it funny how they said they got the Melbourne version of scully and not the gws version as if being at Melbourne as if he was terrible at the Dees. He only played two seasons and probably had his best quarter of his career at the Dees that 18 disposal last quarter in the wet and if scully looked so terrible why would gws offer him such big money after one season? It's not as if they turned gysbert into a star.

They got the version of Scully they paid for, the one that had shattered his leg and GWS couldn't afford to pay.

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
The only person I would drop would be Lockhart, maybe for Rivers. Brown for TMac if TMac is now a pirate.

Other than that give me the same team and hopefully they can improve a little more

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Need Jetta to be back to his best to sit on Wingard if he plays forward.

He's about their only spark this year. They've won games when he's played well and stunk it up when he hasn't got near it.

Hibberd is in decent form and could play on him too. Worried about Lockhart on Wingard to be honest. Seems like a key match up to me given small forwards have kicked goals on us this year.

Maybe even May could play on him. He played on Charlie Cameron deep last year against Brisbane and did well. Some things to think about.

* the Hawks and * Scully.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Need Jetta to be back to his best to sit on Wingard if he plays forward.

He's about their only spark this year. They've won games when he's played well and stunk it up when he hasn't got near it.

Hibberd is in decent form and could play on him too. Worried about Lockhart on Wingard to be honest. Seems like a key match up to me given small forwards have kicked goals on us this year.

Maybe even May could play on him. He played on Charlie Cameron deep last year against Brisbane and did well. Some things to think about.

fu** the Hawks and fu** Scully.
Hawks forward line worries me. Gunston to smart for Omac and too good in the air for Hibberd. May takes him guess,

Hibberd on Wingard
Omac on Ceglar when he goes forward
Jetta on Breust to begin, might need a swap.

Happy to stick with the winning formula, no changes unless someone is injured.

Defensive matchups I'd like to see (assuming that Patton and Puopolo are the only changes in their forwardline):

Wingard -> Hibberd
O'Brien -> Lever
Gunston -> May
Lewis (assuming recovered from injury) -> OMac
Morris (I assume he was playing forward, don't remember him getting a touch) -> Jetta
Minchington (could see him being brought in for Puopolo) -> Lockhart

Going to this one. Didn't expect to be attending any footy this year after moving to Sydney, and I imagine it'll be the last time for a while. Guessing it'll be a strange atmosphere.

Back