Preview Changes vs. Hawks

1594859714884.png

Probably not a bad thing as we looked better without him up forward

Bring Jackson in so Weid can play a whole game as the first banana. Jackson can give Gawn a chop out when need be.
Wouldn't mind this but feel like Brown would be their choice due to experience. Weid is still not consistent and even though Brown isn't either is probably a safer bet than Jackson.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Bring Jackson in so Weid can play a whole game as the first banana. Jackson can give Gawn a chop out when need be.

jackson won’t have any impact so may as well play with 17. Plus it might mean it takes longer to Melbourne him

brown it is!

And rest Gawn up forward

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ceglar is out so McEvoy will first ruck. Will be interesting to see if they bring in Brooksby (lol) to play the 2 rucks thing Clarko seems to favour this year.

Would be good to push Gawn forward given his marking seemed to be back last week.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I forgot that we actually beat Hawthorn last season, I still see them as a bogey side even though we've obviously been at opposite sides of success for the most part the last decade.

They’ve been pretty poor the last two weeks, scoring 49 and 27, we have our problems, but we really should win this.

Having said that, Hawks by 2.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would like to see Brown and Weideman for two reasons:

1) If we suddenly look heaps better with Brown, then we'll really know how far TMac has fallen
2) It gives Weideman another chance to play alongside a mature, developed KPF

However, more experience for Jacko in 2020 would be great, so i'm open to his inclusion too.

Ceglar is out so McEvoy will first ruck. Will be interesting to see if they bring in Brooksby (lol) to play the 2 rucks thing Clarko seems to favour this year.

Would be good to push Gawn forward given his marking seemed to be back last week.
Is Brooksby a 110kg tree? If so he'd probably do well on Gawn who can be bullied around by aggressive grunts in the ruck.

TMac for Brown seems an easy swap. If we're coming in against a depleted Hawks forwardline and carry on with trying to be clean by foot, then Rivers in for Lockhart would make sense

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
guessing Jackson comes in as no Brown named nekkminut Jones comes in for TMac. thought ceglar had a broken ******* toe?

Back