Other Teams
Broncos
This is stupid selection again. Hope it doesn’t cost us the game

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
What was the point of recruiting Brown if he isn’t even considered as one of the five ins when T McDonald is the only confirmed out?
There was no point it was a dumb decision made by an incompetent football department, fingers crossed he doesn’t have to see the field

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Brown isn’t the future. I reckon he was a slightly ambitious selection - the kind of list decision that makes sense if you’re a contender and you want some experienced depth in case of forward line injuries in a finals campaign. But we’re not suddenly a contender, which shouldn’t be wildly surprising given our 17th place finish in 2019, so I would much rather we get some actual games into your Weeds and your Jacksons

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
What not naming browne equates to stupid selection? They haven't even properly selected the side. You can't say stupid selection unless something like anb comes in for tmac or something like that.

Well, I can say "stupid" as that is my opinion. Let me attempt to justify it however.
-> Two KPF seems to have worked well for our structure
-> TMAC is a KPF who is omitted due to his eye
-> Brown <spelling?> is a KPF who seems to have performed well (>> Jackson) in this role
-> Jackson, when played forward did not have impact on the game in real life or in scratch / practice matches
==> from a structure and effectiveness perspective this seems ill advised.

Maybe we did the set up last week to show we can win games if we want to and are back to our cutting edge set up this week, which just needs a few mroe games before it clicks and we become unstoppable!

Brown isn’t the future. I reckon he was a slightly ambitious selection - the kind of list decision that makes sense if you’re a contender and you want some experienced depth in case of forward line injuries in a finals campaign. But we’re not suddenly a contender, which shouldn’t be wildly surprising given our 17th place finish in 2019, so I would much rather we get some actual games into your Weeds and your Jacksons
I just noticed you are now keeping a mask from the bunny.

Do you want him to get COVID?

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

Weed Yes, I would like to win some games however and reckon based of a really limited sample set that Brown offers a greater chance of that. Anyway, it's nice to be discussing meaningless bullshit again!

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, I can say "stupid" as that is my opinion. Let me attempt to justify it however.
-> Two KPF seems to have worked well for our structure
-> TMAC is a KPF who is omitted due to his eye
-> Brown <spelling?> is a KPF who seems to have performed well (>> Jackson) in this role
-> Jackson, when played forward did not have impact on the game in real life or in scratch / practice matches
==> from a structure and effectiveness perspective this seems ill advised.

Maybe we did the set up last week to show we can win games if we want to and are back to our cutting edge set up this week, which just needs a few mroe games before it clicks and we become unstoppable!
You're right I shouldn't use the term 'you can't say that' nothing more annoying than that, so I take that back. I agree that we need two forwards but I'm not too fussed about whether its brown or Jackson is selected. I'm happy to back coaches in this situation but I understand your position. Hopefully Weid can take the heat and will allow jackson to impact more.

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
You're right I shouldn't use the term 'you can't say that' nothing more annoying than that, so I take that back. I agree that we need two forwards but I'm not too fussed about whether its brown or Jackson is selected. I'm happy to back coaches in this situation but I understand your position. Hopefully Weid can take the heat and will allow jackson to impact more.

I really respect your response and how mature it is. I think the bonded bit is where we differ :)

But thanks for brining decency back to big footy!

except

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
man you could keep any woman happy with this sort of reply. besides my speciality the crazies they wouldn't know wtf to do with this they'd probably start arguing the sky is green

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
man you could keep any woman happy with this sort of reply. besides my speciality the crazies they wouldn't know wtf to do with this they'd probably start arguing the sky is green

Are you calling me a woman?

Mate

There was no point it was a dumb decision made by an incompetent football department, fingers crossed he doesn’t have to see the field

Man, does your Mrs like Mitch or something mate? I can't recall someone disliking an average player as much as you ever.

It almost seems personal.

Max isn't the future either, why don't we drop him for Jackson? XD

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Max isn't the future either, why don't we drop him for Jackson? XD
Browns going to be retired in a year.

We suck. Better to use our miserable minutes on field getting some games into young players and seeing what they have got.

Browns going to be retired in a year.

We suck. Better to use our miserable minutes on field getting some games into young players and seeing what they have got.

I think your idea is spot on in theory.

It's more the knock on effect.

Jackson from what I've seen isnt a tall (or lead up forwards) a-hole right now. His reaction and movement was terrible against Carlton even when we did move the footy well at times in that game. We played some good footy on the weekend, blokes like Fritsch, Pickett and Harley looked dangerous at times. Having someone like Brown who knows how to and can play as a lead up forward keeps a similar stucture.

I'd rather plonk Weid at FF than have him doing the donkey work up the ground just so we can"develop" Jackson as a FF which he is absolutely useless as right now.

Last edited:

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Man, does your Mrs like Mitch or something mate? I can't recall someone disliking an average player as much as you ever.

It almost seems personal.
HaHa I’ll ask her and let you know, nothing against the bloke personally would just prefer my dumb ******* football club would stop making stupid decisions. There was no good reason to recruit a mediocre 2 time cast off as some sort of s**t insurance policy, it was obvious he wasn’t going to play much and if he did it would be s**t ie round one.

Made no sense at the time and even less now, it screams of the coach and footy department completely over rating themselves and where the list is at, I’m certain it didn’t need a late 20’s hack forward added.

HaHa I’ll ask her and let you know, nothing against the bloke personally would just prefer my dumb ******* football club would stop making stupid decisions. There was no good reason to recruit a mediocre 2 time cast off as some sort of sh*t insurance policy, it was obvious he wasn’t going to play much and if he did it would be sh*t ie round one.

Made no sense at the time and even less now, it screams of the coach and footy department completely over rating themselves and where the list is at, I’m certain it didn’t need a late 20’s hack forward added.

Honestly, the Jackson draft selection is almost as much as a head scrather to me. We now need to shoehorn him into the side to justify it. Max plays best when he does a power of work. Jackson won't be ready as a ruckman for another few years yet.

It looks righte to me mate.

It triggers me heavily for some reason. ... Probably coz is not an easy surname to * the spelling up on, yet schmutt does constantly. 😂

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Honestly, the Jackson draft selection is almost as much as a head scrather to me. We now need to shoehorn him into the side to justify it. Max plays best when he does a power of work. Jackson won't be ready as a ruckman for another few years yet.
Mate we aren't gonna use Jackson as a ruck long term

Mate we aren't gonna use Jackson as a ruck long term

So what did we get him for then? To run his value into the turf then trade him back to a WA club for a sixth round selection in 4 years?

Back