Prediction Changes vs Hawksthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

Excluding WC, we've now beaten 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.

It is mathematically possible that if we beat Hawthorn they would end up 14th at the end of the round, but more likely 13th.

Cue the 'top 8 side' jokes again.... :drunk:
I mean that’s just how it goes when you’re missing half your good players

Broadbent looked so slow. No way he keeps his spot if we make it through to the drier months in decent shape. Reckon he has lost the penetration in his kicking as well, although yesterday is a bit hard to judge on.

Mots has to be carrying an injury. He doesn't want to take body contact. He's been guilty of being inconsistent in the past but I've never thought of him as soft. Just doesn't look to be the player that he has been...

We desperately need another crumbing forward with natural goal sense. I know Cox plays tall, but does he have the ground smarts as well? or is he a mini version of Brett Ebert?

And how good is it bringing kids who have a good, reliable set shot for goal!!!! (Farrell, Butters, Frampton).

Excluding WC, we've now beaten 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.

It is mathematically possible that if we beat Hawthorn they would end up 14th at the end of the round, but more likely 13th.

Cue the 'top 8 side' jokes again.... :drunk:

Why do we judge who we've beaten by their ladder position well after we've played them?

Really hope Garner, Frampton and Atley get a few games on the trot before being dropped. No point in having them on the list if we still don’t really know how they perform at AFL level.

Why do we judge who we've beaten by their ladder position well after we've played them?
Think you missed the point, it's not about what 'we' port supporters think. I was commenting on what I'm looking forward to having to put up from 'others' again.

In: Gray, Jonas
Out: Motlop, Broadbent

Because a hallmark of the last 5 years has been Port beating up on weaker teams but struggling against the better teams. And so far there's no evidence that this has changed this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because a hallmark of the last 5 years has been Port beating up on weaker teams but struggling against the better teams. And so far there's no evidence that this has changed this year.
No it hasn't we always seemed to have shock losses against lower teams and pull a win out of our arse against good teams.

This year see Brisbane and WCE.

Ladhams and Ryder to ruck this week?
I was thinking it might be a good idea to give either ryder or lycett a rest anyway. So if lycett isnt 100% give him the week off and give ladhams a go. Mcvoy for them is in serious doubt too a good opportunity for ladhams
In - Jonas Grey Ladhams
Out - Lycett Broadbent Atley

I was thinking it might be a good idea to give either ryder or lycett a rest anyway. So if lycett isnt 100% give him the week off and give ladhams a go. Mcvoy for them is in serious doubt too a good opportunity for ladhams
In - Jonas Grey Ladhams
Out - Lycett Broadbent Atley
Drop Motlop over Atley.

No it hasn't we always seemed to have shock losses against lower teams and pull a win out of our arse against good teams.

This year see Brisbane and WCE.
Yep we occasionally have a shock win/loss but almost all our wins in the last few years have come against bottom 10 teams.

Our win/loss versus top 8 teams:
2019: 1-4 (91.0%) - one win against WCE who are struggling
2018: 3-6 (84.5%) - a good win against Syd, but just struggled over the line against Melb and Rich
2017: 2-7 (81.4%) - good wins against Syd and WCE
2016: 1-9 (71.9%) - an ok win against 8th placed North

Only one win against a top 4 side (Richmond, last year) in 4 years from 17 attempts (if you count the current ladder as set for this year for the purpose of this analysis). We've gone 18-1 against bottom 4 sides in that same time.

If Lycett doesn't come up, we're more likely to replace him with Jonas than debut Ladhams. I can't see Ladhams getting much game time unless Lycett is out for an extended period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back