Prediction Changes vs Hawksthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind Ladhams playing the year in the SANFL, dominate that level, get consistent. Be ready for next year, Ryder will either be a 33 year old probably playing his last year or retired so Ladhams will be required

So is Trengrove basically zero chance every week no matter how well he plays?
Needs Boak or Rockliff to miss. Could also possibly come in for Atley/Drew if neither of them are up for a spot.

It's been made pretty clear that Trengove was told he was being recruited primarily to provide leadership in the maggies, and that if he managed to scrape some AFL games that would just be icing for him.

Ladhams has been in ripping form in the SANFL deserves a chance as much as Garner did. Think hawks only have Ceglar as McEvoy was injured over the weekend. Not sure about their stocks underneath; Pittonet/Roughead?
Agree 100%. Ladhams was outstanding again on Saturday, his improvement this year has been amazing. Deserves a call up based on Garners selection, mind you Trengrove would be scratching his head going what more do I need to do??

Anyone reckon Mayes will ever get look. Has been pretty consistent in SANFL from the looks of it and with the amount of injuries being picked up thought he would’ve been given a crack by now.

Anyone reckon Mayes will ever get look. Has been pretty consistent in SANFL from the looks of it and with the amount of injuries being picked up thought he would’ve been given a crack by now.
Pretty easy to slot him in for Broady too

I'd definitely prefer Trengove to Broady. We know what we will get from Broady and he is unquestionably in the latter stages of his very solid career. Jack on the other hand has found another level this year at SANFL level.

(Don't get me wrong I know there are a fair few guys ahead of both, I'm just comparing them head to head)

Super pumped to see if Ladhams get the call up.

There was a case he was playing well enough to take a Ruck spot prior to Lycetts injury.

Another very interesting selection week. Would have loved to see Burton play on Wingard and absolutely towel him but we must wait.

In; Gray, Jonas, Ladhams
Out; Mots, Broadbent, Lycett

Last edited:
Pretty funny that last year there was a point where Ryder was injured and we wouldn’t play Frampton or Ladhams, but this year there’s a chance we could play Frampton and Ladhams with Ryder in the team also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree 100%. Ladhams was outstanding again on Saturday, his improvement this year has been amazing. Deserves a call up based on Garners selection, mind you Trengrove would be scratching his head going what more do I need to do??

He probably was told/knows that most of the inside midfield kids would get the nod ahead of him. I dont think atley played much afl last year and drew certaintly didnt where trengove did. Makes it a bit more mind boggling how if he is indeed still playing sanfl just for leadership why we have sutcliffe?

I dont think he has been listed an afl emergency even though his form says otberwise

I would like this comment but a certain poster will become outraged lol.
Still, Chad was pretty tough after his head was slammed into the goalpost by good bloke so he can’t be all bad.

I’d be in hospital if that happened to me rather than getting up and kicking a couple of goals.

Id personally make the following

In:
Marshall: to play as 2nd tall a position that he is more suited to
Gray: selects himself
Jonas: likewise

Out:
Lycett: injured
Atley: adds nothing, another slow plodding inside mid with poor skills
Garner: stiff to be dropped but last in.

Id personally make the following

In:
Marshall: to play as 2nd tall a position that he is more suited to
Gray: selects himself
Jonas: likewise

Out:
Lycett: injured
Atley: adds nothing, another slow plodding inside mid with poor skills
Garner: stiff to be dropped but last in.
If Ryder and Frampton are swapping between forward and ruck and Marshall is forward, it's the same situation as when Ryder/Lycett swap with Marshall forward.

Needs to be Ryder/Ladhams sharing the ruck + 1 fwd spot, Frampton full forward, Marshall CHF, Hoff roaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back