Prediction Changes vs Hawksthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

He saved his ass with a pretty good game last week. Competition for places is fierce now, which is a good thing as long as form is rewarded over gold passes.

DBJ did. Broadbent didn't. If 'competition for places was fierce' then he'd be playing SANFL this week over Garner who's been better than him at both SANFL level and AFL level all season.

The old "lucky to be picked, unlucky to be dropped" mantra Ken used on Houston a couple of years ago. Dropped for Broadbent, no less.

Hopefully we see Garner back sooner rather than later. Inb4 Hawthorns smalls absolutely tear us to shreds and no-one can go with them.

Broadbent retaining his spot over Garner is a typical **** Ken Hinkley selection. Good to see Ladhams getting his chance though.

I'm happy with the selections. Ladhams in as a debut instead of just going with Ryder solo is a paradigm shift in our selection thinking and a welcome one. Broadbent getting games is ok while Hartlett and Burton are out.

2 METER PETREEEEEERRERERER

When I got him as my buddy this year I thought ho-hum, probably his last year on the list - but he sure has blossomed and fully deserves this selection, even if it is due to Big Scotty being out. Show em what you can do, buddy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great reward for Ladhams he was close to delist city last year.. wonder if he was vidya gaming with Chad back then lel.

Are some of us seriously suggesting we go to Tassie and play 9 players with a total of 51 games experience between them? With Jonas and Gray to come in it was always going to be couple of the newer players who made way. As it is we have 7 players with 46 games experience between them. There is a limit to the amount of youth you can have in the side and remain competitive.

Players like Motlop and Broadbent will probably be under real pressure when the likes of Wines, Burton, and Ebert return.

Well done to Peter Ladhams on being one of the seven.

In further "Ken doesn't give a s**t about structure" news, remember a few weeks ago when we were running with Boak, Rocky, Wines, SPP and Drew as inside midfielders? Now we've lost Wines, dropped Drew and replaced him with Atley, and then dropped Atley. So either we're planning on using Robbie as a midfielder more (which I'd be quite happy with) or Ken has thrown structure out the window to pick the players he likes again (which I'd be very annoyed by, but unfortunately given Ken's history I wouldn't be at all surprised by).

Hartlett is the vice captain and it’s a fact of nature that Ken will bring him in the moment he’s deemed ready. In that case, it has to be Broadbent for Hartlett.

I know that's the way it'll go down but huge question marks around HH for me. Burton is the fitter, more athletic, younger option.

In further "Ken doesn't give a **** about structure" news, remember a few weeks ago when we were running with Boak, Rocky, Wines, SPP and Drew as inside midfielders? Now we've lost Wines, dropped Drew and replaced him with Atley, and then dropped Atley. So either we're planning on using Robbie as a midfielder more (which I'd be quite happy with) or Ken has thrown structure out the window to pick the players he likes again (which I'd be very annoyed by, but unfortunately given Ken's history I wouldn't be at all surprised by).

Our midfield was overstacked with the same types a few weeks ago, it's a good result moving away from that. Hinkley has a funny way of getting the team balance right through sheer accident, and about a month too late. And then he'll * it up again by picking a player who is clearly delist material late in the season. Very annoying.

In further "Ken doesn't give a **** about structure" news, remember a few weeks ago when we were running with Boak, Rocky, Wines, SPP and Drew as inside midfielders? Now we've lost Wines, dropped Drew and replaced him with Atley, and then dropped Atley. So either we're planning on using Robbie as a midfielder more (which I'd be quite happy with) or Ken has thrown structure out the window to pick the players he likes again (which I'd be very annoyed by, but unfortunately given Ken's history I wouldn't be at all surprised by).

If Hinkley was a soccer manager, one week it would be 4-4-2, then 5-3-2, then 4-5-1, then 4-1-3-2 etc. depending on who was available. It’s just how he rolls - personnel first, structure second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back