Prediction Changes vs Hawksthorne

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess that low disposal efficiency is really helping out teammates up field?

But you're right, the rest of the defence has been doing a great job of carrying Broadbent loping around.

Garner isn’t a replacement for Broadbent. If he was, he would have played first.

What’s going to be interesting is when Burton is ready. I’ll put my chips on Lienert getting dropped :)

So 163 games in 10 years counts for nothing? Broadbent has averaged 22 disposals in the two games he has played so maybe you need to cut him so slack. He isn't that quick but he is finding the footy. In any case Broadbent is in and Garner isn't so we live with that.
Who cares how many touches he gets chipping it around across half back. Garner is easily the better option.

Im not sure that I recall seeing Garner on the track yesterday and after closely looking through Petes pics - I still dont see him... this doesnt mean he wasnt just doing an indoor session away from the main group.

Just saying, there may be more to Garner not playing than a simple omit.

Im not sure that I recall seeing Garner on the track yesterday and after closely looking through Petes pics - I still dont see him... this doesnt mean he wasnt just doing an indoor session away from the main group.

Hammy in the last minute of the game maybe?

He's the travelling emergency so must be fine.

Why name him as an emergency then?

Listening to him last night on the radio it sounds like he is expecting to play.

Listening to him last night on the radio it sounds like he is expecting to play.

It's a good attitude to have. He should be expecting to play as an emergency and do exactly the same preparation as if he was playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever is travelling, will get back to play SANFL though right?
Based on past process, yes. Usually they fly back once the game has started and aren't needed.

Mate I've been dealing with the uber-selective Janus for a fortnight and now Kiss is getting in on it.

At a certain point its easier for me to play that game too, I've been dealing in good faith longer than this clownery deserved.
I’m just sick of people dunking on Broadbent. He has been much better than could be reasonably expected, and in the past has been just about our most consistent player.

He deserves his chance as much as anyone, and hasn’t put a foot wrong in his two games. I just don’t see where the hate is coming from?

I’m just sick of people dunking on Broadbent. He has been much better than could be reasonably expected, and in the past has been just about our most consistent player.

He deserves his chance as much as anyone, and hasn’t put a foot wrong in his two games. I just don’t see where the hate is coming from?

I think he has been serviceable, especially considering his long lay-off.
However, I don't see much of a future for him given our depth of defenders and I'd much prefer to see a more younger and attacking player in his place.
He would be more value to the club playing in the SANFL and providing guidance to the new breed.

Exactly. We have now got back our best defender and our Captain. This makes Clurey and Howard even stronger in defence.
We have also got back our best player who has had a couple of weeks to freshen up his legs. Means Rozee will now get the second best small defender. Plus Robbie can bring the much needed class into the midfield.
The flow on effect of these two being back in the team is huge.
Stratton, Hardwick and Impey are our small/medium defenders. It's actually the one area we have been pretty solid in this year besides our captain who is struggling at the minute ( pressure of the captaincy perhaps or his career is now regressing not sure). Was concerned about Cegler being tag teamed in the ruck but that now appears an even match-up there for us. If you continue to win the clearance metric tomorrow you will find a way to win. We have a few players out of form and they are senior players as well so unless that changes not expecting much.

Everyone wants all the players to 'be more attacking'.

Me? I want players who defend well first. And that means not being caught out of position and being dependable when it's your turn. It's 'defend to attack' not 'attack to defend', FFS.

Stratton, Hardwick and Impey are our small/medium defenders. It's actually the one area we have been pretty solid in this year besides our captain who is struggling at the minute ( pressure of the captaincy perhaps or his career is now regressing not sure). Was concerned about Cegler being tag teamed in the ruck but that now appears an even match-up there for us. If you continue to win the clearance metric tomorrow you will find a way to win. We have a few players out of form and they are senior players as well so unless that changes not expecting much.
Huh? Ryder+Ladhams = Ceglar?

I am so looking forward to seeing Ladhams play senior footy, he has been smashing the opposition in the SANFL. I hope your coaches & player underrate him as well!

Last edited:
I will literally always stan for Cobra.

Him and Ebert are the only two players who signed my jumper and actually stayed at the club.

Shoutout to Polec for being a ******* mercenary.
That’s ok, but you do realise you’ll usually be wrong then. So there’s little point arguing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back