Fixture Changes VS Hawthorn Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we rebuilding? We are now 3-3 with a fairly nice run coming why would we prioritise playing an out of form player because he is young? If that is the case drop Keath for Busslinger
I like the idea of optimising for finals in the same season. Even by September, with a bunch of AFL exposure, I’d rather go into the 2023 finals (if we make them) with Keath rather than Buss.

If injuries didn’t occur then Bedendo vs Hannan would work the other way for me. Hannan probably had more to offer in Round 1 but I’d rather pick Dom because I think doing so increases our chance of success for the year.

On the West debate, I think most agree he’s not best 22. They just want him to play over McComb. Even if you think McComb is slightly ahead of him now (which I don’t) surely you accept West has a higher chance (even if still low) of contributing to a successful finals team than McComb. If McComb is in the squad for a finals series I just don’t see how we’re winning it.

Obviously football isn't won and lost on paper however when Ward vs Baz is the best match up for them shows the massive gulf between the 2 midfields.

English vs Reeves
Bont vs Nash
Treloar vs Newcombe
Macrae vs Worpel
Smith vs Ward
Obviously Ward isn't as good as Smith, but he's a great runner and he's been good this year, averages around 24/25 a game and he's a really good user.

I'd assume all those matchups happen tho.

Is Keath really that bad? He had the howler where he played on with the guy next to him. Aside from that, I don’t remember too many cringe moments. I usually feel better with Keath in the backline because his positioning is very good and he usually halves the contest.

Is Keath really that bad? He had the howler where he played on with the guy next to him. Aside from that, I don’t remember too many cringe moments. I usually feel better with Keath in the backline because his positioning is very good and he usually halves the contest.
He made many mistakes. Looks terribly out of touch.

He’s been fine all year, few bad moments but has been dependable for the most part. People lose their s**t over him for some reason

I'm not sure it's correct to say people only talk about West because of his name. I genuinely thought he was a star in the making a couple of years back. Tough, skilled and an eye for a goal ... a super exciting package.
I think a lot of Bulldogs fans are bemused/confused about why he has failed to come on. Is it attitude, personal issues or does the MC just not think he is up to it?

On Pixel 3a XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not sure it's correct to say people only talk about West because of his name. I genuinely thought he was a star in the making a couple of years back. Tough, skilled and an eye for a goal ... a super exciting package.
I think a lot of Bulldogs fans are bemused/confused about why he has failed to come on. Is it attitude, personal issues or does the MC just not think he is up to it?
I'd go further and say it's definitely BS that people only talk about West because of his name.

People talk about him because he is a WB listed player who has had a few good senior games and we used a high (second round) draft pick on him. After 5 years in the system it's of no consequence whether he was a F/S or not. It's all about his performances now. He's getting the attention he deserves, no more, no less.

Happy to debate whether he's any good and whether or not he'll make the grade but can we just discuss the player and not some presumed bias for/against him because of who his Dad was?

I'd go further and say it's definitely BS that people only talk about West because of his name.

People talk about him because he is a WB listed player who has had a few good senior games and we used a high (second round) draft pick on him. After 5 years in the system it's of no consequence whether he was a F/S or not. It's all about his performances now. He's getting the attention he deserves, no more, no less.

Happy to debate whether he's any good and whether or not he'll make the grade but can we just discuss the player and not some presumed bias for/against him because of who his Dad was?
Yeah its a ridiculous argument really, I mean literally 4 of the biggest whipping boys we’ve had on this board in the past decade were father/sons (Wally, Hunter, Cordy x2)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. If anything, it only ever gets brought up by people criticising him. Arguably his last name plays a far bigger role the often hyperbolic negative commentary about him than any argument for him.

Really impressed with Cody Raak's game in defense for Footscray over the weekend.
Good disposal when under pressure.
Would like to see him given a go in the seniors. A possible replacement for TOB.

Really impressed with Cody Raak's game in defense for Footscray over the weekend.
Good disposal when under pressure.
Would like to see him given a go in the seniors. A possible replacement for TOB.

I too have been impressed by the development of Raak, but Buku deserves to get a game ahead of him. Play the kid behind the ball and back him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven’t seen a lot of Raak lately but previously he had serious defensive deficiencies. Joel Bowden like in that he looks really good with ball in hand but couldn’t defend to save himself.

For recent observers, has there been any improvement? I can’t see him getting a spot in the team without it. Dale, Ed, and now part timer Daniel play the outside roles, so he’d need to come in as a Crozier, Dureya type. Not sure he offers enough defensively for that.

At the games his positioning is awful. Against Melbourne he consistently parked himself in no mans land so that he couldnt impact a contest. That same positioning was a contributing factor to him getting injured against Richmond. Add on to that his decision making and ball use and its not a good start to the year off the back of a pretty poor year last year

Obviously football isn't won and lost on paper however when Ward vs Baz is the best match up for them shows the massive gulf between the 2 midfields.

English vs Reeves
Bont vs Nash
Treloar vs Newcombe
Macrae vs Worpel
Smith vs Ward
Nash is in career best form. Has been huge the past few matches. Before getting injured against Geelong was one of the reasons we were winning. You forgot Day too who is the main man with Newcombe in there. First time in ages I feel we can be competitive against your mids. Been alot better defensively the past 2 weeks as well. Up forward for me is where our issues are. Lewis is a massive in because Greene can move down the pecking order and be the 3rd tall which he is more suited to. Been doing a good job replacing Gunston so far. You guys should win but I can see us being competitive for a while. Were slowly gaining traction with how we want to play every week.

Might be a stupid question, havent been for a while but members can now scan in with their card correct? Growing family and all but im not missing bonts 200th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back