Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dream (nightmare?) last night that Dayne Beams came out of retirement to play for us. Might need him with the rate that our players keep dropping.
He can paint the masterpiece of our Auskick team going up against the hawks.

If Dayne Beams was fit, he’d be a walk up start even at his age, terrific footballer in his prime.

Sounds a bit like our St Kilda game from last year. Backs to the wall and I hope we treat it that way. I think we play our best when it’s us against the world.

Getting to see a fair chunk of our list in the seniors which is good. Really bullish about our young crop. I think it’s much better than a lot of people give it credit for. It’s just largely unexposed but our 22-23 year olds are progressing really nicely.

As long as they don’t ‘Pull a Kardinia’, the boys should be a chance.

Duggan out hurts - Shep missing would be worse, especially without Hurn and co.

Reckon we can get a 6 week Covid break?

Cmonnnnn Victoria!

Midfield rotation looking a bit thin if Duggan is out. If Foley comes in does Nelson go into the middle irrespective of whether there is someone to run with or not?

Or could this be the time for Trew to debut?

It's going from bad to worse.

I've just heard Alex Witherden has been knocked out in a bar fight, Josh Rotham has acute radiation poisoning, Jackson Nelson is refusing to shave his sideburns, Tom Cole thinks he's a chicken and Harry Edwards has been arrested by the Springfield Police Department.
As long as Oscar stays on the brain tonic, we will hold up ok in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out vardy duggan

In barrass foley

If shep is out we move Nelson back and bring in xon

Out: Vardy, Duggan

In: Barrass, Williams

Oscar moves forward and Barrass takes Gov's role. The Prince 'Harry' plays the more defensive tall. Sheppard, Rotham, Cole, Nelson and Witherden are a solid unit.

Williams supports Nic and gives JK, Darling and Oscar a rotation.

Don't know what to believe..if Shep is out, not much leadership left down back?
Hopefully Barrass back to counter that a bit.
If Duggan is out, holy schitzen, we can't cop a break?
Hawks will be licking their chops, bet Clarkson pulls a surprise.
We've still got enough to get it done, if they can pull off a derby effort again.
It would be a gutsy win ....or an understandable loss.(but who needs that?)

Out: Vardy, Duggan

In: Barrass, Williams

Oscar moves forward and Barrass takes Gov's role. The Prince 'Harry' plays the more defensive tall. Sheppard, Rotham, Cole, Nelson and Witherden are a solid unit.

Williams supports Nic and gives JK, Darling and Oscar a rotation.

Vardy for Williams is a straight swap.

Duggan played midfield. So if you’re bringing in Barrass and shifting Allen forward you’ve got to send someone into the middle. Langdon, Jones, Petch ... I’m not sure any of them are up to it.

People were wishing Simmo would give players x,y,z a go.

Now same people are shitting themselves that players x,y,z will get a go.
Probably because they wanted x,y,z to replace u,v,w but it turns out they’re replacing a,b,c

Oh look Duggan's out. Another injury from nothing again. Never shown any injury in last week's game. Just pops up now.

Our medical team is responsible. They are making it too easy for players to miss games for little niggles. Way too conservative. I am really suss on players now just wanting to take a week off and claim injury while still getting paid for it.

AFL life at the Eagles is a holiday.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back