Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought ch7 might have had her mic turned up louder than the blokes last weekend. If so they're really leaning into it, which is disgraceful.

I don't think they do from what I can hear. Listening tonight, u can hear them all very clearly. Her voice for obvious reasons does stand out. She also seems to make an unusual amount of horrendous calls.

Now whether that's because of the fact she stands out, or it is just the fact she isn't very good, we'll probably never know unless we analyze every single game and umpiring call. Which the AFL do. And she never seems to have the prime time gig...so I can only assume.

I don't think they do from what I can hear. Listening tonight, u can hear them all very clearly. Her voice for obvious reasons does stand out. She also seems to make an unusual amount of horrendous calls.

Now whether that's because of the fact she stands out, or it is just the fact she isn't very good, we'll probably never know unless we analyze every single game and umpiring call. Which the AFL do. And she never seems to have the prime time gig...so I can only assume.
Shes a third? year umpire. Most umpires are in the system for 10 years before people know who they are, so it's like comparing Xavier O'Neill to Luke Shuey and saying therefore O'Neill is a dud.

You take any inexperienced umpire and make it obvious it's them umpiring any time they make a bad call and people will think they're terrible.

You really think she's worse than Cameron Dore, Andrew Heffernan, Paul Rebeschini and Jeremy Collins?

Shes worse than any umpire on the panel. Cant bounce, cant Keep up with the game and makes some of the worst decisions ive seen in football…

She makes Robert O’Gorman look competent..

( he is the number 10 who screwed the lions ovwr a few weeks ago)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Shes a third? year umpire. Most umpires are in the system for 10 years before people know who they are, so it's like comparing Xavier O'Neill to Luke Shuey and saying therefore O'Neill is a dud.

You take any inexperienced umpire and make it obvious it's them umpiring any time they make a bad call and people will think they're terrible.

I think you're starting from a certain viewpoint and me from another. We're not going to agree and that's ok.

Ill say it is jolting when watching games she is involved in with how many bad calls she is responsible for. It stands out.

Whether it stands out because she herself stands out, is something that can only be answered by analysing every single umpiring decision.

To say either way is being presumptuous

I think you're starting from a certain viewpoint and me from another. We're not going to agree and that's ok.

Ill say it is jolting when watching games she is involved in with how many bad calls she is responsible for. It stands out.

Whether it stands out because she herself stands out, is something that can only be answered by analysing every single umpiring decision.

To say either way is being presumptuous
Lets face it the answer is not acceptable on here.

Which umpire made the wrong call there? Was it one of the three faceless baldies whose name I don’t know? Or was it the one who is instantly recognisable due to one key difference?

Faceless bald dickhead #12 cops “you’re a disgrace ump” and then gets forgotten about. Which faceless ******* was it that made that call on the mic? Dunno, but he’s a maggot, whatever.

Eleni cops “that woman shouldn’t be umpiring” and has every minor inconsistency scrutinised within an inch of its life, all the while having everybody know her by name. It’s easy to remember which calls she’s made when there’s 10 identical clones and one person that stands out.

All umps are s**t. We hate them all, until one of them dares to be a woman and then we have to pretend she’s somehow not up to the standard everybody bashes 24/7 anyway.

Razor Ray is the worst bouncer of a footy I’ve ever seen (yes, worse than the WOMAN!) and it never gets brought up. Suddenly we give a * about the purity of bouncing?

Female umpire chat can get ****ed.

Which umpire made the wrong call there? Was it one of the three faceless baldies whose name I don’t know? Or was it the one who is instantly recognisable due to one key difference?

Faceless bald dickhead #12 cops “you’re a disgrace ump” and then gets forgotten about. Which faceless ******* was it that made that call on the mic? Dunno, but he’s a maggot, whatever.

Eleni cops “that woman shouldn’t be umpiring” and has every minor inconsistency scrutinised within an inch of its life, all the while having everybody know her by name. It’s easy to remember which calls she’s made when there’s 10 identical clones and one person that stands out.

All umps are sh*t. We hate them all, until one of them dares to be a woman and then we have to pretend she’s somehow not up to the standard everybody bashes 24/7 anyway.

Razor Ray is the worst bouncer of a footy I’ve ever seen (yes, worse than the WOMAN!) and it never gets brought up. Suddenly we give a fu** about the purity of bouncing?

Female umpire chat can get f’ed.
Nah she's not much chop. But it's nothing to do with gender. Most all of the umpires are poor, which I attribute to umpiring to instruction week to week instead of letting them just do their job

Rugby Union refs seem to be the best at administering a complex rule set under pressure.

Happy to admit she stands out as opposed to being an outlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All umps are sh*t. We hate them all, until one of them dares to be a woman and then we have to pretend she’s somehow not up to the standard everybody bashes 24/7 anyway.

Razor Ray is the worst bouncer of a footy I’ve ever seen (yes, worse than the WOMAN!) and it never gets brought up. Suddenly we give a fu** about the purity of bouncing?

Exactly the point I've been making in my posts if u cared to read them.

But all we (as casual footy viewers without the liberty of analyzing every single call) can judge her on is what we view. She seems to make an extremely high amount of terrible calls, and it stands out.

Surely we can't even state that fact without being shouted down?

Nah she's not much chop. But it's nothing to do with gender. Most all of the umpires are poor, which I attribute to umpiring to instruction week to week instead of letting them just do their job

Rugby Union refs seem to be the best at administering a complex rule set under pressure.

Happy to admit she stands out as opposed to being an outlier.
I’m not saying she’s good. I’m saying they’re all s**t, but she cops it the most for standing out.

The fact that it’s a million (billion?) dollar industry that doesn’t have full time officials is laughable. Pay them. Train them properly. None of this “oh I’m an accountant but then I go and influence millions of people’s weekends with my officiating” business.

Make umpiring a full time job, train them right, actually have some attention paid to developing the industry. Stop having an interpretation of the week to satisfy key figures in the game. Until then we’re just going to be lumped with a bunch of hacks everyone hates.

While I’m solving it for them - * off the centre bounce. Too many good umpires get turned away at a youth level for not being able to bounce when that time comes. Good decision making over ensuring we keep the most ridiculously unfair start to a game in world sport, for me.

Part of the issue may be that she started off badly and was readily identifiable as the only female field umpire. This article says she got dropped in 2019 - ironically by "gifting" the Eagles two goals against the Saints. She also umpired her first game against us, so Eagles fans might remember her more clearly than others.

Part of the issue may be that she started off badly and was readily identifiable as the only female field umpire. This article says she got dropped in 2019 - ironically by "gifting" the Eagles two goals against the Saints. She also umpired her first game against us, so Eagles fans might remember her more clearly than others.

Nah, it's because she was Pav's wife's maid of honour

When you strip away the gender bias I think she is objectively not a good umpire.

Unfortunately she's not on her Pat Malone. Absolute joke that umpires aren't full time pro's at this point in time.
in one game against the dons, she gave them 11 free kicks to nil to us in the first quarter. shes a biased umpire

in one game against the dons, she gave them 11 free kicks to nil to us in the first quarter. shes a biased umpire

The only game against the Dons she’s umpired was her debut in 2017, and the free kick count for the game was 18-15 against us, in a game we lost by ten goals.

There's a fair chance you’ve misremembered that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back