illegaleagle

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Leeds,Glory,
All this Langdon was terrible stuff, I didn’t think he was terrible this game prob played his best game for us I’d say . Kicked a goal and set up one or 2 others. MCG a big ground need his fitness and Cameron isn’t fit atm can barely run out a WAFL game. When Cameron is fit then he can come into he team for Langdon.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
Langdon strikes me as a guy who will play a lot of games for west coast without ever seeming likes he's in our best 22.

Yes he is not skillful, but he's tough, he's aggressive and he runs extremely hard defensively.

In a forward line full of goal scoring threats, there is something to be said for having at least one guy whose first priority is ground ball pressure.

Fatty rules

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2008
Brussels
AFL Club
West Coast
Given I have experienced a GF loss, I can tell you that game was hard to watch and was the saddest I ever was as a Crows supporter.

As I said the way your fans respected and applauded us, is not to be taken lightly, I hold them in very high regard.

IIRC I think Walsh played a role at the Eagles? He had a connection there? In any case, it was sad too seeing your supporter base feel the pain that night too.
He played a really big role for us. I was sad to see him go, happy that he took a step up, and deeply saddened when he passed.

Langdon strikes me as a guy who will play a lot of games for west coast without ever seeming likes he's in our best 22.

Yes he is not skillful, but he's tough, he's aggressive and he runs extremely hard defensively.

In a forward line full of goal scoring threats, there is something to be said for having at least one guy whose first priority is ground ball pressure.
I watched most of the game again last night and have to admit I was overly critical of Langdon's game. He was a solid contributor and did plenty of things right to balance out the errors he made early.

He won several ground balls and we need every contributor we can get on that front. Got to good spots, stayed down and out of the talls way in the air. Hands seem pretty clean in close.

I'm sure we are going to see plenty of him, at least this season, so I'm hoping he will keeping trending in the right direction for us.

Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
How long can we debate Langdon? - seriously though he's exactly the player we needed last year. Depth role player that can contribute at the top level & puts pressure on our bottom 3-6 spots. Will likely never be in anyone's preferred b22 but that's OK.

I thought his game on the weekend was pretty good, good work rate & pressure - certainly not worth the lynching he's getting.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Langdon is fine until Ryan and Rioli come back and then out he goes

We will have Ryan, Rioli, Cripps, petch and JJ

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
How long can we debate Langdon? - seriously though he's exactly the player we needed last year. Depth role player that can contribute at the top level & puts pressure on our bottom 3-6 spots. Will likely never be in anyone's preferred b22 but that's OK.

I thought his game on the weekend was pretty good, good work rate & pressure - certainly not worth the lynching he's getting.

He's wearing #7... how long can we debate his spot in the side - it usually lasts about the length of their career at West Coast for any player wearing that #

He's wearing #7... how long can we debate his spot in the side - it usually lasts about the length of their career at West Coast for any player wearing that #

Turley, Gehrig, Fletch, Masto.

It's been a number for controversy to say the least!

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't want to turn this into a pile on because I think he will get better with time but I think that Langdon's ball use at times throughout the season has been poor, which stands out in our side.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Unchanged except for Sub. Ahh chee maybe to come in, probably more versatile.

Challenge the same 21 to bring the same heat and effort as the Derby.
Plenty of stars on the way back in the coming weeks so time to prove you deserve your spot.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
just a side note- with all this WA lockdown freo playing at the Gabba now, does this mean Eagles play at the G back to back?? or perhaps play Adelaide in Adelaide instead.in that case 7 out of our last 10 games will be at Optus post Bye. LOl with one of those three against pies at the G. that is some run home for us.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
just a side note- with all this WA lockdown freo playing at the Gabba now, does this mean Eagles play at the G back to back?? or perhaps play Adelaide in Adelaide instead.in that case 7 out of our last 10 games will be at Optus post Bye. LOl with one of those three against pies at the G. that is some run home for us.
If we make a change we will be swapping the fixture (as we play Adelaide again, later in the year). We would play Adelaide at their home ground next week (meaning we have three away games in a row), but will then play them at Optus later in the year (giving us three home games in a row).

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
If we make a change we will be swapping the fixture (as we play Adelaide again, later in the year). We would play Adelaide at their home ground next week (meaning we have three away games in a row), but will then play them at Optus later in the year (giving us three home games in a row).
I would take that in a heart beat. having our big guns back, less travel so they have better recovery playing back to back home games.

Anyone able to please tell me what that says

Anything to read into Nelson and Cameron having a wrestle off ball? Worrying signs for mine

Unchanged except for Sub. Ahh chee maybe to come in, probably more versatile.

Challenge the same 21 to bring the same heat and effort as the Derby.
Plenty of stars on the way back in the coming weeks so time to prove you deserve your spot.

Ah Chee just played for the first time in nearly two months, I don’t think he’s an ideal sub this week. Much better to get another game into him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back