Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 4 of next 5 games are away then 3-2 is not too bad a record, even against borderline top 8 teams such as GWS and Carlton
Home or away doesn't matter, if you're a middling side just happy to make finals, 3-2 is not bad. For us missing top 4 by % the last 2 years, it is bad. I don't expect any of the 5 teams to play finals, best case scenario 1 of them does. If we go 3-2 we need to then go 9-1 against a far better bunch of teams, including 5 of the remaining 7 current top 8 teams. 3-2 is a fail grade home or away.

Any Vic Eagles in need of tickets? I have my two tickets up for grabs as I’m being treated as a corporate flog for this one! They are cheer squad seats so behind goals bottom level. PM me if keen

Paddy Sweeney
@SweeneyPaddy9

·
48s

Tom Barrass a chance to return for Hawks game. Eagles surprised by return of shoulder movement, pain managed for rest of year, hoping to avoid surgery. Nathan Vardy also a test, suffered partial tear of right plantar fascia in Derby.

Who knew we needed Vardy to injure himself to turn in his best performance of the year? He had some decent moments over the weekend!

Apart from any changes due to stars returning, the only person I would drop is Langdon. Not sure if Cameron is ready though.

Would love for fumbles Cripps to be phased out in the second half of the year. Maybe when Ryan and finally Rioli returns.
mmm not sure about that cripps did well,2 goals 19 touches 4 tackles some hard running and pressure that goes unnoticed,yeah a couple of fumbles but the rest was good

Last edited:
1620179126106.png

Weather forecast is sunny and fine so no need to make changes with the weather.

Vardy in doubt - I had no idea what a plantar fascia strain was so diagram below
1620179377608.png

We may just see the inclusion of my boy Bailey Williams. He is building and would be worth the risk.

With threat of interstate boarders (not seeing the need really) but will they possibly take a squad that is capable of coming home via Adelaide. Any concerns of revenue losses and the AFL could swap the fixture with Eagle/Crows 18th July.

Wouldn't mind giving Barrass an extra week off and letting Edwards have another crack.

Hawks don't have the hugest forward line. Kozi, Gunston, O'Brien types. Maybe a different story if they bring in Ceglar to play with Big Boy.

Also Bock and Gunston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind giving Barrass an extra week off and letting Edwards have another crack.

Hawks don't have the hugest forward line. Kozi, Gunston, O'Brien types. Maybe a different story if they bring in Ceglar to play with Big Boy.

Also Bock and Gunston.

We will need a fit Barrass for Walker the week after.

The pecking order for our depth smalls seems to be Petch,Jones,Cameron and then Langdon. Langdon doesn't really have much time to get things right cause both Rioli's return is imminent and Winder looks promising too.
I presume how you list Cameron is due to his current form/recuperation?
I might be reading too much into him, but when he is fit and firing I see him with the potential to be in the Ryan+Rioli league...
With more games under his belt, he'll be a gun...showed solid glimpses in the past.
He'll have to overtake Petch, Jones, and Langdon now.
Tackles hard (rugby), zippy, elusive and pings goals...
But that's some good depth there now for forwards..
Jones going through the midfield was a good move also, some added depth there..did ok.

I thought this was interesting given how much Cripps and other forwards get a hard time from posters when they have a quiet game...(from Gaff on the Eagles site) >>>

“They’re guys that work really hard for the whole year, but without the supply or without the consistency of ball inside 50,” Gaff said.
It’s very hard for those guys to get a good run at it, you’re relying on a lot of stuff happening up the field and blokes using you well.
And I think the way we played and the sustainability of the way we played, getting in there regularly good delivery inside 50 it really helps those guys out.
I think their work rate went up a notch, which is the game across the board, the whole 22 guys, and it’s great to see those guys get a bit of reward in a position where you can go a few weeks without much happening....”

View attachment 1119035

Weather forecast is sunny and fine so no need to make changes with the weather.

Vardy in doubt - I had no idea what a plantar fascia strain was so diagram below
View attachment 1119036

We may just see the inclusion of my boy Bailey Williams. He is building and would be worth the risk.

With threat of interstate boarders (not seeing the need really) but will they possibly take a squad that is capable of coming home via Adelaide. Any concerns of revenue losses and the AFL could swap the fixture with Eagle/Crows 18th July.

Is that the same injury Robert Harvey had and he jumped off of a table or chair so he could fully snap it as it's a pointless little thing that is only an issue when torn or strained? Ended up playing the next game.

Is that the same injury Robert Harvey had and he jumped off of a table or chair so he could fully snap it as it's a pointless little thing that is only an issue when torn or strained? Ended up playing the next game.

JK had the same issue but didn't jump off a table in 2012. He just ran for some ridiculous distance to snap it in the two weeks before round 1.... Went on and kicked 7 goals v the Bulldogs haha

JK had the same issue but didn't jump off a table in 2012. He just ran for some ridiculous distance to snap it in the two weeks before round 1.... Went on and kicked 7 goals v the Bulldogs haha

Man I feel old but also impressed that I held onto that info as I found it quite amazing at the time.

Man I feel old but also impressed that I held onto that info as I found it quite amazing at the time.

Watched the 2006 Flying High dvd with the kids on the weekend - the one where they review each game through the season.

Was good to point out players - like Harvs - that they had never heard of before.

Juddy must have been dark about the round 18 clash at Docklands vs the Saints. 28 touches, 13 contested, 6 tackles and 3.0 and not a Brownlow vote to be seen.

Also Bock and Gunston.
The usually plonk Big Boy in the square and destroy us,

If you want to see a whipping horse, jump on Facebook and check out the comments about Nelson’s new contract 😢

These guys have signed for just 2022? Is Nello an RFA then?

A few sticking up for Jacko but it is kinda scary how oblivious to football a lot of our fans are. Nelson has been hitting a stack of good, attacking kicks recently and his run with jobs have been quality.

If you want to see a whipping horse, jump on Facebook and check out the comments about Nelson’s new contract 😢
makes you wonder with some of the comments if any of them have actually played the game and know the job of a backman let alone what extra these guys at AFL level have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back