Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Hurn, Barrass
Out: Vardy, Cole

Love Cole and it’s stiff as, but someone needs to go out. He was good today, but you can’t not bring in TB. Maybe Witherden goes with Hurn’s return?

Edwards stays in to play tall alongside TB and also cover the ruck in Vardy’s absence.

Vardy was better today, and his ruck work was solid, but still just offers us barely anything around the ground.

Langdon survives by sheer coincidence of there being not many healthy and conditioned backups. In a ideal world we drop him for a healthy and in form backup, but the WAFL side are hardly giving the forwards much chance to show what they have.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Who is set to return? No doubt some player(s) wont be injured now but will get injured during the week at training. If nobody is injured from this game and Barrass is back then

In: Cameron, Barrass
Out: Langdon, Vardy

Allen moves from KPD to forward and ruck. If McGovern is back then in for Edwards. Hurn assuming he isn't available

Out: Langdon, Vardy

Backs: Barrass, Edwards, Rotham, Shep, Cole, Witherden, Hurn
Mids: Kelly, Sheed, Redden, Gaff, Duggan, Brander
Rucks: NicNat, Allen
Forwards: Kennedy, Darling, Waterman, Cripps, Jones, Petch, Nelson
Sub: Langdon
Emergencies: Vardy, O’Neill, Foley

Hurn back in releases Nelson to return to his role as a tagger coming off the front of the square. Langdon drops out as a result.

Barrass back in allows Allen to play as a forward/ruck. Vardy out purely for structural reasons, he was more than decent today but I don’t think we need the second ruck against Hawthorn and I don’t want to drop any of the tall forwards.

If Barrass isn’t available then Vardy stays in, Allen stays back.

If Hurn isn’t available then I’d consider Foley coming in to play that spot.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers

Love Cole and it’s stiff as, but someone needs to go out. He was good today, but you can’t not bring in TB. Maybe Witherden goes with Hurn’s return?

Edwards stays in to play tall alongside TB and also cover the ruck in Vardy’s absence.

Vardy was better today, and his ruck work was solid, but still just offers us barely anything around the ground.

Langdon survives by sheer coincidence of there being not many healthy and conditioned backups. In a ideal world we drop him for a healthy and in form backup, but the WAFL side are hardly giving the forwards much chance to show what they have.
Harsh on Cole as he did quite a few link up plays running to the wing. Agree it is tough though.

Cameron got 3 goals and 7 tackles today, hopefully he can string a few more performances like that together and take Langdon's spot.

JezMez

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Over the years, a lot of players who have pulled on the winged jersey have ended up being not up to it. But when these players player, you watch and think, "maybe with enough games, they'll step up". Not with Langdon though. I've never seen a more WAFL player than him. All he has is a strong body. Would rather have Xon or a debutant playing that forward role.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
No changes unless Barrass is fit. I honestly don't know who goes out for him as a like for like.
Edwards stays as a KPD, Allen goes forward.
Vardy can remain as 2nd ruck.
Waterman & Jones not going anywhere after that performance.
Maybe Langdon out for Barrass as we'll gain an extra forward in Allen, but we might be too tall then...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I think we'll lose this unfortunately. Too many injuries and on the road. Hopefully we keep winning our home games up until we get players back, and then finish as high as we can in the top 8.

says the guy who backed $$$ on Freo to win ..

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
In Barrass
Out Langdon

Backs Shep Barrras Cole
HB Rotham Edwards Witherden
C Gaff Redden Duggan
HF Cripps Darling Waterman
FF JJ JK Petch

Foll NN Kelly and Sheed
Int Allen, Vardy, Brander and Nelson

Simmo playing Cripps, Petch, JJ through the middle provides a bit of pace as well

Still Missing from Best 22
Bunga -
Boots
Yeo
Flyin Ryan
Gov
Rioli

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth

Really like that idea keep Edwards as second ruck and drop Vardy
Hurn back for Cole
Langdon out for anybody except Ainsworth

I think we'll lose this unfortunately. Too many injuries and on the road. Hopefully we keep winning our home games up until we get players back, and then finish as high as we can in the top 8.

This is one of the away games we can pencil in especially given today's effort.

Hawthorn are at best mediocre. They were abysmal against the Saints yesterday. We've shed the mental weakness post-2015 GF when playing them at the MCG. We will do them over even without Shuey, Yeo, Ryan, Hurn and McGovern.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

Hawthorn are at best mediocre. They were abysmal against the Saints yesterday. We've shed the mental weakness post-2015 GF when playing them at the MCG. We will do them over even without Shuey, Yeo, Ryan, Hurn and McGovern.
Thank you for responding civilly when everyone else respond with troll. I feel the team right now with our outs can possibly win this game and I hope so, of course this Hawks team is not the same as years ago, I just feel right now we're in a position where games away from Perth we are very fragile.

Thank you for responding civilly when everyone else respond with troll. I feel the team right now with our outs can possibly win this game and I hope so, of course this Hawks team is not the same as years ago, I just feel right now we're in a position where games away from Perth we are very fragile.

Two were just having friendly banter over your legendary pessimism, the other one you ignored.

We match up on well on the current Hawthorn team. I am far more confident about this one than all other away games so far this year.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

Sigh...this is what annoys me we play well at home and then everyone reckons we are back on track and we are going to win easily...well guess what that's not the case!!

The Jekyll and Hyde of our team atm is so frustrating !!!!

Yes hawthorn got flogged this week so did we last week .. lets put it into perspective people...enjoy the win yes but understand we are a totally different side away

We need consistency hopefully it starts this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back