Changes vs Hawthorn - Viney & Weid out for OMac & JWag

Remove this Banner Ad

So we are gonna throw Declan Keilty to the wolves as a forward aye?

Ugly.
For only 1 game though cause obviously isnt 1 of Simons favs and cant see how giving a player an actual run at it could possible help development

giphy.gif

There could be a silver lining to the Weideman dropping. Hopefully they drop Petracca deep and tell him he's the 2nd key forward. Eventually he has to own his space and hopefully this is the opportunity

Love the idea, but they'll just as likely see this as a great opportunity to try Trac as a back pocket and park Wagner at FF, or they'll do it and Trac will fumble his way to 15 possession, 1-goal-5-behinds-and-4-out-on-the-full day.

View attachment 666526

Love the idea, but they'll just as likely see this as a great opportunity to try Trac as a back pocket and park Wagner at FF, or they'll do it and Trac will fumble his way to 15 possession, 1-goal-5-behinds-and-4-out-on-the-full day.
So hes only going to try 5 wan ker kicks that he thinks he can pull off but turns over nearly every time

Throw him to the wolves? Uwot? He's been playing forward for Casey this season and he's 24.
Yeah so he's played 3 VFL games as a forward for 3 goals, he's going into the most dysfunctional side in the game and he's playing with an out of form key forward and a number 2 draft pick who has no confidence. Probably gonna have Sicily as an opponent.

Thrown to the wolves

Yeah may aswell give up then.

Didn’t say that, did I? Just suggesting that deep forward isn’t the answer to unlocking him.

He could be best in the league mid or fwd, it’s between the ears

Didn’t say that, did I? Just suggesting that deep forward isn’t the answer to unlocking him.

He could be best in the league mid or fwd, it’s between the ears
Id suggest basing anything off that Geelong game would be silly. At some stage whatever position it is he needs to be given responsibility and take it. At the moment he's always the 5th midfielder or the 4th forward.

He needs same role as De Goey same tank should have same sorta skill i agree with both you campaigners he needs to be deep 1 out. but with him it has to be between the ears. Is he really this s**t? Cause aint done s**t in 2 years when he kicked straight.

This $#!T thing can go and get ****ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Keilty had a ripper JLT form so why not. Can't hurt to try new things and pump games into the younger blokes.

Keen to see the likes of Sparrow, Baker, Bedford, Jordon, Chandler, etc get some chances over the next few weeks. See what they have to offer the team.

The OMac inclusion is a bit off. He should work really hard to earn his cap again and we should give Keilty or Petty a crack, but I guess Goodwin still wants to think we are a top 8 chance and he has picked someone with more experience.

Wagner? He tries hard but he isn’t AFL standard. Who will he play on? Breust or Puopolo? That could get ugly. Personally I like Tim Smith. He is a bit of an old fashioned forward and he is a big strong campaigner who hits it hard. I saw him play down at Box Hill in round one and he doesn’t get his nickname for no reason. Bloke is big.

Petracca at CHF is good. We need TMac down back now because they’ve got a decent forward line. Gunston and Roughead need good defenders. I’d personally run Melksham and Fritsch on the wings to help our transition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back