Preview Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all. I'm talking the role Neade plays, Marshall can play that role and more. A definite upgrade.

Who's your out for Marshall??

It will likely be dictated by injury anyway.

Who's injured? Or are you saying something could happen in these 2 weeks (eg: minor knock in training etc)

Also we may make a change based on how tall (or short) Hawthorns forward line is. We've got 3-4 defenders that can play on talls at the minute + Hoff roaming back.

Marshall in for the KPD we can most afford to lose. At the moment we have Clurey, Hombsch, Howard and Jonas. I think we can get away with dropping one.

Marshall should come back through the sanfl imo. Frampton should have a run depending on if he looks OK today.

Marshall in for the KPD we can most afford to lose. At the moment we have Clurey, Hombsch, Howard and Jonas. I think we can get away with dropping one.
Depending on how we match up on the Hawks yea

Is there actually any news on Marshall being ready to play during the bye it's a mental readiness issue after tragic circumstances I wouldn't bank on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonas, of course, being mentioned as one who is there, not one who can be dropped.

Depending on how we match up on the Hawks yea

Is there actually any news on Marshall being ready to play during the bye it's a mental readiness issue after tragic circumstances I wouldn't bank on it.
Hinkley mentioned on SEN during the week that Marshall would be having another week or so off but was keen to fulfill his parents' wishes of becoming a great footballer. Seems promising at least.

I would like to see Frampton get a run before Marshall but I do not think Ken we be in any rush to bring either Marshall or Frampton in.

Ken has a real thing for Jake Neade. If Ken didn't drop Neade after that zero kick game in the west he is hardly likely to drop him after a thirteen possession game in Shanghai.

I think MadFan has a point and if Marshall does came back, and that is not a given, it may well be at the expense of a defender.

Neade hasn’t done anything wrong, it’s just that Marshall is more versatile and needs to be in the side. He offers everything Jake does but is taller.

I now think Pittard will only come in if Bonner starts getting tired in the back half of the season - or if his form is so off the charts that we have to bring him in. If the side was humming on all cylinders he’d be an asset but it’s not at the moment.

The one player I think might surprise people after the bye is Broadbent. With Hartlett out, there’s a spot for him as long as he’s fit and firing. Apparently he’s running now so it’s all about doing a preseason.

Who's injured? Or are you saying something could happen in these 2 weeks (eg: minor knock in training etc)

Also we may make a change based on how tall (or short) Hawthorns forward line is. We've got 3-4 defenders that can play on talls at the minute + Hoff roaming back.

No.injury that I know of, gut feel is something will happen.

I say don't touch the defense, stick to our system.

Hence Neade out for Marshall if all are fit, a like for like and an upgrade.

Neade also seems to struggle to put consistent stretches of games together (much like our whole team!)

Sam Gray has been one of our best players this season.

Dixon and Watts need to play with Marshall. It helps all of them when all are around.

I tend to agree. Watts and Marshall in should allow Dix to stay closer to goal where we all know he is most dangerous.

Personally I think it is more likely than one of the taller backs falls out. Obviously it won’t be Jonas, I think Hombsch has been fantastic since coming back in and Dougal consistent all year. That leaves Clurey as the unlucky one to miss.

No.injury that I know of, gut feel is something will happen.
I say don't touch the defense, stick to our system.
Hence Neade out for Marshall if all are fit, a like for like and an upgrade.
Neade also seems to struggle to put consistent stretches of games together (much like our whole team!)

Jonas came off at the end and had a big icepack on but Derm and Dwayne seemed to think there was nothing to worry about. As ex-players they'd have a feel for a player's body language on the bench. Riley came off but came back on and did not seem in any discomfort. Because of the bye neither of these possible injuries or twinges may have to be considered in any changes. Hawthorn still have some tall or strong-marking forwards in Breust, Gunston or Roughhead so I don't think height should be a consideration and barring either of the twinges being a bit more serious, we should go with an unchanged back line. If Marshall comes in, and I would put him straight in when he considers himself ready, Neade or Watts are the ones in the firing line.

Jonas came off at the end and had a big icepack on but Derm and Dwayne seemed to think there was nothing to worry about. As ex-players they'd have a feel for a player's body language on the bench. Riley came off but came back on and did not seem in any discomfort. Because of the bye neither of these possible injuries or twinges may have to be considered in any changes. Hawthorn still have some tall or strong-marking forwards in Breust, Gunston or Roughhead so I don't think height should be a consideration and barring either of the twinges being a bit more serious, we should go with an unchanged back line. If Marshall comes in, and I would put him straight in when he considers himself ready, Neade or Watts are the ones in the firing line.
The commentators mentioned he was kicked in the shin. I can't imagine he'll miss any games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back