Preview Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's more that we probably have the luxury of not needing (pun intended :D) unforced changes, coupled with the lack of anyone smashing down the doors in the twos. Personally I'd like Pittard back in, but on current form he doesn't offer more that what we have now with DBJ and Houston.

Todd comes back in when ready, but that's a big ask if it's the Richmond game. And who do you drop?

Jake Neade is one bad game away from causing melts ;)

But at the moment we are winning, structure looks sound and everyone is contributing.

Fine sunny 14 slight winds < 5km/h and 5% chance of <1mm.
In other words perfect so let's minimise the skill errors and get a win coz it gets tough after this game.
Jasper and AJ need to find form imo.

One of the calls I heard earlier was the defence was too tall but the question was always going to be who do you drop and why. We did that once with Clurey for "match-ups" against Essendon and it didn't work. Always play your best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Hewett emergency. He could well be a bolter this year. Now he's back from injury, after his blistering preseason, if he can recapture that form at SANFL level like he did last week then he may be a sneaky chance at some stage.
Don’t know much about him. Is he a mid ?

One of the calls I heard earlier was the defence was too tall but the question was always going to be who do you drop and why. We did that once with Clurey for "match-ups" against Essendon and it didn't work. Always play your best.

Personally I love the idea of having a tall defense. Geelong's prime years had a very tall backline.

Don’t know much about him. Is he a mid ?

While in Shanghai, we met a couple from our neck of the woods (YP) and he coached Cam all through his junior days. Said he always had great strength for his size, could run all day and was equally talented as his brother, so hopefully his injuries are behind him. Apparently one of the strongest players at the club but extremely shy - from his team 'mates' at the dinner in Kadina a few weeks ago:)

Hawks have named their strongest side of the season. Despite (and because of) coming off 3 losses, I’m particularly worried about this game.
Yea my good feels have dropped away the closer the game gets it's more to do with Tassie than who the Hawks have named however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back