Preview Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't think Neade should be dropped, but I am really baffled why he seems to be our number one target up forward. Maybe he is the best at running hard once we take possession, but he's never even in any kind of space- he'll invariably be totally manhandled by a defender 15cm bigger than him. There is no evidence that he was providing a lead either.

He usually does a pretty good job contesting, but it's such a low percentage play. He's so much more valuable to us collecting the ball on the wing or HFF in space and running with it to deliver an inside 50 to someone like Marshall.

Neade should be playing wing/half forward.

You want Wines out for Marshall admit it
I'm sorry that I think a player can go to another level. I'm not advocating dropping him at all. He is very much a permanent fixture in the middle and IMO will be for the next 10 years.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Simple if you are going for the whipping boy

Whipping boy?

In the past 5 games he has amassed 4 goals, 2 goal assists, 10 inside 50’s , 53 touches and 21 tackles

Considering he spends as much time in and around 50 as anyone in the league those numbers are horrible. Horrible.

The only passable number there is the tackles, and he only has 9’frees for from those 5 games and most of those would be high contact.

If anyone here thinks 4 goals 2 goal assists and 10 inside 50’s are passable for a forward across five games you have shocking standards.

He has had some ok moments in some games in between being missing or ineffective for large periods of time.

He is exactly the sort of player who is and should be considered a 25-30 list type and the fact people are shocked when he is discussed as one of the first outs when he has 0 goals and a total of 2 goals assists to the last 3 games boggles my mind.

Whipping boy implies he is being harshly judged. Lol.

Very harsh.

Lol. He’s a 63 game forward who hasn’t kicked a goal in his last three games and hasn’t done anything special defensively in two out of his last three games. Is this board getting Stockholm Syndrome or something?

Neade is the obvious out for Marshall to the point that it’s barely even a discussion.

I'd like to see Marshall come back into the side after an SANFL game during the AFL bye.

Who would be the unlucky guy if that happened?
In: Marshall
Out: Neade

This isn’t Neade bashing, it’s just an upgrade.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Marshall should come back through the sanfl imo. Frampton should have a run depending on if he looks OK today.
Hahaha Frampton... he has about as much chance of getting a game in the foreseeable future as Harry has to becoming the King!

Lol. He’s a 63 game forward who hasn’t kicked a goal in his last three games and hasn’t done anything special defensively in two out of his last three games. Is this board getting Stockholm Syndrome or something?

Neade is the obvious out for Marshall to the point that it’s barely even a discussion.
I like the suggestion of taking out a tall defender and "only" having 3 (which is plenty) + Hoff back there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marshall comes in if he's ready. Then it's a match-up issue. We've now got the right number of inside mid's, so dropping one of them makes no sense. Dropping an outside mid would make us too slow moving the ball on. So it's either dropping a SMALL forward or one of our tall backs.

If it's a small forward it's either Neade, as producing the least goals or Sam Gray as being replaced as the 'target' for Dixon and Watts (as Neade brings more pressure at the talls feet).

If it's a tall back then on form Clurey or Hombsch. Clurey had a better game this round, but Hombsch the previous one's, so hard to split.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sam Gray has been one of our best players this season.

Sam gray keeps kicking goals but gee, if a back man or midfielder made half as many mistakes as Sam does they would be banished to div 7 amateurs forever.

He is getting by on virtue of getting on the end of 17 chances we create and turning 2 of them into goals while destroying the other 15 entirely. One of the culprits (of which there are many) of our poor conversion of forward thrusts to goals.

Very safe in our 22 today but he is far from one of our best. Pittard gets crucified (rightly) for making 1-2 errors that Sam will make a dozen of week in week out. I would love to be a forward in the afl.

I like the suggestion of taking out a tall defender and "only" having 3 (which is plenty) + Hoff back there.

Por que no las dos? I’d have Pittard or Barry in for a KPD and Marshall (or AJ if Marshall’s not ready) in for Neade.

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best

I’d drop my whipping boy Brad Ebert.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Hahaha Frampton... he has about as much chance of getting a game in the foreseeable future as Harry has to becoming the King!

That really depends on what you think the purpose of these 'Changes vs.' threads are. I'm giving my opinion I'd what I'd like to see. We all know that Ken has his own ideas and that probably means Neade ain't getting dropped.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United

I think it’s a symptom of what our expectations of Jakes output have become and the obvious fact Kern sees it differently

JAlexG

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2012
Alberton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston!
Played with 7 'recognised' backman yesterday. Got Hoff floating around back there if Marshal gets brought back in. One of them goes, Clurey maybe.
I'd play Johnson over Neade at any given chance.

Out: Ebert, Thomas, Rodan
In: Common, F**king, Sense

WHAT?! YOUR NUFF-NUFF!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back