Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any club have as little as continuity with selections due to injuries like us? I swear we would have gone in unchanged from one week to another about 5 times in the last 3 years

I told you to get rid of Bernanke and put in keyens!!!
Economic team of the last 100 years:

B: Zucman, Solow, Banerjee

HB: Saez, Daly, Sachs

C: Coombs, Keynes, Chang
Krugman, Piketty, Sen

HF: Keen, Kahnemann, Akerlof

F: Kremer, Stiglitz, Duflo

Int: Lowe, Mazzucato, Rodrik, Bernie Fraser

McComb would be one of our first picked every week. Cracks in harder than anybody apart from Libba. He's an outside chance to take the Captaincy next year if Bont doesn't lift.

Hate the words cracks in reminds me of Brendan McCartney one of our worse coaches ever and boy was he boring. I guess he was slightly better than Royce Hart and Peter Rhode.

Crozier for Duryea
Sweet for English
Hunter comes in and one of Scott or McComb slots down to sub (a bit stiff this week)
Reckon Weightman gets up but if not McNeil slots in there too.

FB Crozier, Keath, O’Brien
HB Dale, Gardner, Richards
C Williams, Dunkley, Hunter
HF Bontempelli, Schache, Liberatore
FF Weightman, Naughton, Ugle-Hagan
FOL Sweet, Macrae, Treloar
INT Daniel, West, Johannisen, Scott/McComb
SUB Scott/McComb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what are your changes and who would play on who?

I was looking at it and by the sounds of it.

Hunter back for McComb
Crozier for Duryea
Sweet for English
And McNeil for Weightman?

We're probably going with something like
Lewis and Gunston back
Callow and Howe/Shiels out.

Worpel probably gets a look back after strong VFL form, Blanck (debut) for Frost and goes to defense and we bring in MacDonald or Impey for Hartigan.

I'd suspect you lads would play Keath on Lewis, but would it be Gardner or O'Brien on Gunston/Koschitzke?

Who'd take our smalls like Butler, Wingard, Breust, Moore.

We'd probably go with Blanck on Naughton (if selected, if not Hartigan/DGB) Sicily would swap in and out but would take JUH or Schache.

Hardwick would've played on Weightman but would play on the next best whoever that is.

Your thoughts?!

Hunter back for McComb
Crozier for Duryea
Sweet for English

Lewis and Gunston back

Worpel probably gets a look back after strong VFL form, Blanck (debut) for Frost and goes to defense and we bring in MacDonald or Impey for Hartigan.

I'd suspect you lads would play Keath on Lewis, but would it be Gardner or O'Brien on Gunston/Koschitzke?

We'd probably go with Blanck on Naughton (if selected, if not Hartigan/DGB) Sicily would swap in and out but would take JUH or Schache.

Hardwick would've played on Weightman but would play on the next best whoever that is.

Your thoughts?!

Probably give Hunter another game in the 2s. Other changes probably spot on.

Matchups are right. Keath needs to go to Lewis.

Blanck on debut to go with Naughton. Haven’t heard much about him. Would be a huge job early in his career.

Probably give Hunter another game in the 2s. Other changes probably spot on.

Matchups are right. Keath needs to go to Lewis.

Blanck on debut to go with Naughton. Haven’t heard much about him. Would be a huge job early in his career.
Hartigan stopped Naughton to just one goal last year in Tassie but in terms of our key defenders. I'd rather Blanck, DGB still needs some time in the 2s to get confidence in his game as the (Moore type) defender, but still needs to learn genuine defense.

Blanck's draft profile listed his strengths as an elite athlete speed wise, his acceleration and explosiveness off the mark was the best in his draft class for anyone let alone a key defender, he ran a sub 3 second 20m sprint and his strengths were listed as: Closing speed, intercepting/rebounding, reading the play and spoiling.

Weaknesses at the time were: Raw, Strength, Endurance which the latter two have become strengths and the first is a mixture of all of them not coming into the one.

He was 195cm and 80kg around draft time and is currently 197cm and 92kg.

Hope that helps :) Although he may not play and Hartigan may stay in, or DGB could return.

But with him traveling with the team and Frost going out, it wouldn't surprise me and we could play both perhaps??

Hunter back for McComb
Crozier for Duryea
Sweet for English

Lewis and Gunston back

Your thoughts?!

You shouldn’t send a first gamer to Naughton, not unless you are double teaming him. Double teaming him will allow JUH or Schache to be free and available for long direct kicks all game….

You shouldn’t send a first gamer to Naughton, not unless you are double teaming him. Double teaming him will allow JUH or Schache to be free and available for long direct kicks all game….
Why not, if he's good enough it's fine.

Although it may end up just being Hartigan or DGB.

Tho if he starts to dominate we usually send Sicily to blokes like that to calm them down for a while and use his smarts.

Blancks strengths line up directly to matchup well with well most players but Naughton and athletic talls in general, has been superb every single game at VFL level and he's just not gonna learn anything down there at all.

Why not, if he's good enough it's fine.

Although it may end up just being Hartigan or DGB.

Tho if he starts to dominate we usually send Sicily to blokes like that to calm them down for a while and use his smarts.

Blancks strengths line up directly to matchup well with well most players but Naughton and athletic talls in general, has been superb every single game at VFL level and he's just not gonna learn anything down there at all.

Sam Taylor (GWS) is being talked about as an AA FB. Naughton just kicked 5 in him…. I wouldn’t be sending a first gamer, unless you guys are tanking.

Sam Taylor (GWS) is being talked about as an AA FB. Naughton just kicked 5 in him…. I wouldn’t be sending a first gamer, unless you guys are tanking.
You said the bloke best suited to stop a player, Blanck is probably that, we may not but we may.

Could be a mix of multiple players.

We'll see, it'll be one of 3 to start (DGB, Blanck or Hartigan) with Sicily at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back