Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are your changes and who would play on who?

I was looking at it and by the sounds of it.

Hunter back for McComb
Crozier for Duryea
Sweet for English
And McNeil for Weightman?

We're probably going with something like
Lewis and Gunston back
Callow and Howe/Shiels out.

Worpel probably gets a look back after strong VFL form, Blanck (debut) for Frost and goes to defense and we bring in MacDonald or Impey for Hartigan.

I'd suspect you lads would play Keath on Lewis, but would it be Gardner or O'Brien on Gunston/Koschitzke?

Who'd take our smalls like Butler, Wingard, Breust, Moore.

We'd probably go with Blanck on Naughton (if selected, if not Hartigan/DGB) Sicily would swap in and out but would take JUH or Schache.

Hardwick would've played on Weightman but would play on the next best whoever that is.

Your thoughts?!

Hardwick on West I reckon.

Ruck situation will be interesting because we'll both be running relative novices.

Hardwick on West I reckon.

Ruck situation will be interesting because we'll both be running relative novices.
So we should have a gentleman's agreement that neither side will contest any of the hitouts, whether at the centre bounce, a stoppage or a throw-in. Wait until the ball hits the ground then all the mids rush in to fight for the ball.

So we should have a gentleman's agreement that neither side will contest any of the hitouts, whether at the centre bounce, a stoppage or a throw-in. Let the ball hit the ground then all the mids rush in to fight for the ball.

We send West, Libba, and Naughton in at the centre bounce. Bunch of hard heads.

Anything less than Jordon Sweet being an inclusion and I'll microwave my membership.
Your vow reminded me about Virgin Dog ...

Can't remember which particular hill he died on but it seems he has kept his promise ... he's gorn. Yikes! :cry:

1655799818138.png

Theological question: Do virgins get re-incarnated? :think:Hmmmm. I guess there's not much point asking around here.

Last edited:
McComb would be one of our first picked every week. Cracks in harder than anybody apart from Libba. He's an outside chance to take the Captaincy next year if Bont doesn't lift.
Bevo loves the bloke. Comes from the rough end of town. There was a couple of times where his parents couldn’t drop him off at the Grammar. Fortunately the in-laws could. Just a gritty story of perseverance.

if Bruce was ready ? l reckon against Hawthorn and their present ruck situation you could go with him and Schache.
With Jamarra and Naughton you would always have 3 go to forwards.
Sweet would give us first use in the centre. Unfortunately he is not marking much around the ground.
interesting how the selectors go.
l would definitely bring Hunter back though.

Economic team of the last 100 years:

B: Zucman, Solow, Banerjee

HB: Saez, Daly, Sachs

C: Coombs, Keynes, Chang
Krugman, Piketty, Sen

HF: Keen, Kahnemann, Akerlof

F: Kremer, Stiglitz, Duflo

Int: Lowe, Mazzucato, Rodrik, Bernie Fraser

B: Zucman, Solow, Banerjee

HB: Saez, Daly Keating P, Sachs

C: Coombs, Keynes, Chang
Krugman, Piketty, Sen

HF: Keen, Kahnemann Thatcher M, Akerlof

F: Kremer, Stiglitz, Duflo

Int: Lowe, Mazzucato, Rodrik, Bernie Fraser

I just wanted a few junk yard dogs in there dogwatch. Maggie was tricky but without googling all your entries looking for a Keynesian to put a hard tag on I opted for CHF

Last edited:
Your vow reminded me about Virgin Dog ...

Can't remember which particular hill he died on but it seems he has kept his promise ... he's gorn. Yikes! :cry:

View attachment 1429425

Theological question: Do virgins get re-incarnated? :think:Hmmmm. I guess there's not much point asking around here.

That we would definitely contest/appeal Smith’s 2 game ban for the headbutt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we should have a gentleman's agreement that neither side will contest any of the hitouts, whether at the centre bounce, a stoppage or a throw-in. Wait until the ball hits the ground then all the mids rush in to fight for the ball.
Well no, our ruck in Reeves is a genuine tap/hit out ruck.

B Crozier Gardner Johannisen
HB Dale Keath Daniel
C Williams Dunkley Hunter
HF West Naughton Treloar
F McNeil Schache JUH
FOLL: Sweet Macrae Bontempelli
I/C: Libreatore, Hunter, O’Brien, Richards
Sub: Scott

Don’t mean to be nasty but what does McComb actually contribute to this team?

Out: Weightman, Doc, McComb, English(?)

In: Wallis, Crozier, Hunter, Sweet (?)

(?) is around English’s concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back