Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posted this in the media thread, but probably just as relevant here:

Ya gotta laugh. I got a text earlier this week offering the opportunity to be part of the guard of honour on the ground tomorrow night as the team runs out. So I replied in the affirmative, message said club would contact me Thursday to confirm. No calls from the club today, but two calls from a suspected spam number. Out of curiosity I looked up the number, it's a marketing company who make calls on behalf of sporting clubs, but many people have logged as a scam call. So I tried calling back - unattended. Just tried calling the club - membership dept only works 10am-4pm!

Looks like no guard of honour for us, which my daughter had set her heart on.

Obviously too hard for the club to make that call directly I guess, because, you know, it's only members involved.

Glad my 49 years of membership counts for something.

Ya gotta laugh. I got a text earlier this week offering the opportunity to be part of the guard of honour on the ground tomorrow night as the team runs out. So I replied in the affirmative, message said club would contact me Thursday to confirm. No calls from the club today, but two calls from a suspected spam number. Out of curiosity I looked up the number, it's a marketing company who make calls on behalf of sporting clubs, but many people have logged as a scam call. So I tried calling back - unattended. Just tried calling the club - membership dept only works 10am-4pm!

Obviously too hard for the club to make that call directly I guess, because, you know, it's only members involved.

That sucks man, you've still got a day so surely they can do something?

Awesome effort 49 years membership

Call first thing in the morning worth a try hopefully sorts out

Just turn up and walk onto the ground.

You might have some explaining to do to security…

Emailed the membership dept before 5pm, they actually replied - basically, guard of honour has been filled for tomorrow night and attendees notified.

They have offered to try to see if we can be involved in another game, and asked for which games we will be attending.

It's a 4-hour round trip for us. I said we'd likely be attending the final 4 home games. But also added:

"Thanks for you reply.

I still have a number of issues with this though.

Number 1 - why can't the marketing company leave a voicemail to identify themselves, rather than just hang up. Also, the message from the club said I would be contacted today.

Number 2 - why can't the club ring me from a recognisable club number? I've been a member for 49 years, I don't think that's too much to ask.

Number 3 - I've missed a place for the guard of honour through no fault of mine.

I realise this isn't your fault, but the sum total of my experiences with the club lately haven't exactly excited me. We make the 4-hour round trip to attend Marvel games, often not getting home until 1am in the morning. It's a labour of love, but one that is diminishing each time."

Each interaction I have had directly with the club this year has reduced my love for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy if Cody gets up, absolutely love him. I suspect he may be a late out though.

Smart changes, we’ve done what we needed to - that’s probably the best we can put out at this stage. Keen

Emergencies Khamis, Bedendo, McNeil, and Garcia, so they're potential late Weightman replacements I reckon
Bedendo will be there for match day experience, can't see the club debuting him as the sub when he may not even get onto the ground, only the druggies would be low enough to do that to a young player

? Answer the phone when it rings ?

Bedendo will be there for match day experience, can't see the club debuting him as the sub when he may not even get onto the ground, only the druggies would be low enough to do that to a young player

I don't think we'd do a sub debut (though non-Essendon teams have done that too), but Flea could be a late out on the day of the match.

Up to Crozier to make the most of this run of games with Duryea out, could very well be playing for a contract.
Absolutely right. I think he’s been treated very harshly to be honest. He was such a consistent player in the past, I really hope he can find some form.

I got the same text plus two others earlier this year. If they would have offered to pay my taxi fare to Marvel I would have thought about it. ;) It's over $100 return even with my half fare taxi card! A friend of mine was in one prior to Covid. Must have been 2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back