Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A much more sensible time slot than the 7.50 start when I get home 11.30.
Tough one for us. 7:00pm start means we need to leave home earlier, today about 4:30pm, to allow for traffic on the way in. (Means I knock off work slightly earlier though! :)).

But 7:50pm, while giving us more time prior to departure, means we get home close to 1:00am, with me ensuring I pre-empt any pending sensation of microsleeps and I pull over for a power nap these days. I'm hanging out for being able to afford a Tesla with full self-driving capability, so we just jump in it after a night game, and then I wake up safe and sound in western Vic! Or another couple of years, and mini Ms 1973 has her licence and drives me home!

Go Dogs! :bulldogs::largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle: Woof, woof, woof.

Tough one for us. 7:00pm start means we need to leave home earlier, today about 4:30pm, to allow for traffic on the way in. (Means I knock off work slightly earlier though! :)).

But 7:50pm, while giving us more time prior to departure, means we get home close to 1:00am, with me ensuring I pre-empt any pending sensation of microsleeps and I pull over for a power nap these days. I'm hanging out for being able to afford a Tesla with full self-driving capability, so we just jump in it after a night game, and then I wake up safe and sound in western Vic! Or another couple of years, and mini Ms 1973 has her licence and drives me home!

Go Dogs! :bulldogs::largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle: Woof, woof, woof.
The trials and tribulations of a long distance supporter. Surely the club offers you petrol vouchers.

The trials and tribulations of a long distance supporter. Surely the club offers you petrol vouchers.
It's only been like this for us since 2013. I'm originally born and bred in West Footscray, then lucky enough to have always lived within 20-30 minutes of variously Western Oval, and later Princes Park and finally Colonial/Telstra Dome/Etihad/Marvel (Docklands). We chose to move away, and funnily enough it's only a half hour drive to Mars these days - but slightly longer to home games ate Marvel or VUWO for AFLW/practice matches/training. A few times over the years, when there's been nothing on, I've been driving past VUWO, and parked and popped in. One time I just stood on the terraces at the Geelong Rd end, not another soul around, and my eyes filled with tears. I had a lot of thoughts swirling through me head - my immigrant parents and family making their new home initially in West Footscray, leading to the years I'd spent following the club, mostly standing, and occasionally sitting, on windy, rainy days watching those beautiful tricolour jumpers run around, whatever the design was at the time.

It is a trial and tribulation, and has been for many years, like I suspect yourself and many/most/all on here. But TBH I wouldn't want to have ever supported and barracked for anyone else. Not once.

RWB until I die. :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle: :)

It's only been like this for us since 2013. I'm originally born and bred in West Footscray, then lucky enough to have always lived within 20-30 minutes of variously Western Oval, and later Princes Park and finally Colonial/Telstra Dome/Etihad/Marvel (Docklands). We chose to move away, and funnily enough it's only a half hour drive to Mars these days - but slightly longer to home games ate Marvel or VUWO for AFLW/practice matches/training. A few times over the years, when there's been nothing on, I've been driving past VUWO, and parked and popped in. One time I just stood on the terraces at the Geelong Rd end, not another soul around, and my eyes filled with tears. I had a lot of thoughts swirling through me head - my immigrant parents and family making their new home initially in West Footscray, leading to the years I'd spent following the club, mostly standing, and occasionally sitting, on windy, rainy days watching those beautiful tricolour jumpers run around, whatever the design was at the time.

It is a trial and tribulation, and has been for many years, like I suspect yourself and many/most/all on here. But TBH I wouldn't want to have ever supported and barracked for anyone else. Not once.

Similar story here. Grew up in West Footscray, lived near the Rising Sun Hotel which is now an apartment block. A quick walk over Mt Mistake to the Geelong Road end ticket entrance (who remembers that?) and then standing on beer cans at the Geelong Road end of Whitten Oval. Like you, may of us have great memories of our connection to the club and the oval.

Time in get a full body tattoo of your favourite 22 old son

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From where did your parents come, if you don't mind me asking?

I’m tearing up just reading this!

Jamarra will kick a bag tonight. He has been threatening since his big game in the VFL. He was very close last week.

Schache will have a strong impact too.

Both will need to bring the heat if we win.

I don’t mind Sundays because it’s always certain I can make it. Friday and Saturday nights are sometimes hit and miss.

Although I do wish Sunday arvo games were 2:10 instead.
Yeah the late arvo Friday games are probably the worst slot for most people I imagine.

I wouldn't be opposed to some mid morning/early afternoon games as well like the VFL

Jamarra will kick a bag tonight. He has been threatening since his big game in the VFL. He was very close last week.

Schache will have a strong impact too.

Both will need to bring the heat if we win.

There tall defensive stocks aren’t great, aside from Sicily. It’s almost worth taking him away from the action by leading him away from the D50. Then kicking long to all the other forwards. Only player I would still target in a 1v1 with him is Naughton…. And I doubt they put him on Naughton….

JUH should enjoy the freedom to rise and mark versus however they try on him. IF he has sticky hands tonight, he should kick 5+

There tall defensive stocks aren’t great, aside from Sicily. It’s almost worth taking him away from the action by leading him away from the D50. Then kicking long to all the other forwards. Only player I would still target in a 1v1 with him is Naughton…. And I doubt they put him on Naughton….

JUH should enjoy the freedom to rise and mark versus however they try on him. IF he has sticky hands tonight, he should kick 5+
Had an almost game last week. He was torched by our mids going inside 50 too much.

We are too Naughton centric. This will change once Marra has a few strong games

Flying to Melbourne every two or three years to go to the footy kept life bearable for me for 17 years. Ironic that now that I'm so close to the footy, going to a game is even harder. I'm looking at Round 22 against GWS on a Sunday afternoon as a possibility. Being able to boo Toby might be too much to pass up!

From where did your parents come, if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry mate, been too exciting to reply earlier!
It was Austrian empire when my grandparents were born there, had become northern Italy by the time my parents were born, and was Yugoslavia by the time they became war refugees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back