Preview Changes vs. Hoba… I mean North Melbourne - Rd 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't Martin available?

If not then Sweet in for Hannan to allow English to play more forward with Hannan out

Khamis has dropped off in the VFL, he does not have the tank as yet for AFL footy

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Khamis was the 2nd highest ranked player for Footscray on the weekend, 18 possessions, 6 marks, 8 spoils. Not sure about him having dropped off.

It will be interesting to see if Buku or Young get another chance with Gardy out. Buku and Young are intercept defenders, who take marks. The rest of our backline seem to prefer to punch (with the odd exception). This approach was actually driving me mad v Cats, when countless marking opportunities were fisted to the boundary. It is clearly a directive from the coaches to prefer the fist.

I think Young deserves another run. As we need extra height for the finals (particularly v Cats and Lions).

Out: Hannan, Gardner
In: Wallis, Roarke

Wallis to replace Hannan, somewhat like for like. With keeping English in the ruck we'd be going back to a structure where Wallis was a lot more effective. I think generally he's shown as well he just gives a bit more than Hannan at this point.

With Gardner going out, I think we should go back to the 1.5 tall set up (Cordy counts for half ;)) in defence and swing Daniel back to his natural position. Bring Roarke back in who can plug a hole as a midfield runner.

Backs: Keath, Cordy, Richards, Williams, Duryea, Dale, Daniel
Mids: English, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Hunter, McLean, Roarke
Forwards: Bruce, Naughton, JJ, Wallis, Scott, Weightman, Garcia

Out Gardner inj, Hannan, Scott managed
In Marra, Young, Wallis

When we are at near full strength it will a nightmare trying to pick our best 22, so many players deserve a game but there are only 22 places. When all fit best 22

Backs Williams, Keath, Duryea, Dale, Wood, Daniel
Mids/Ruck Martin, Bont, Macrae, Smith, Dunks, Libba
Forwards Astro, Bruce, English, Weightman, JJ, Hunter, ADZ

Interchange Toby, JJ, Gardner, Richards

Sub VDM
Emergencies Crozier, Garcia, Wallis

Others
Scott
Jong
Young
Marra
Lippi
West
Buku
Sweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out - Scott, Hannan, Gardner
in - Crozier/Khamis, JUH, Lipinski

Scott does apply some pressure but Weightman and JJ apply more and offer so much more offensively. JUH appeared to do all the hard things on the weekend so while Martin is out give him a game or 2 to give him a taste. Give Lipi a game for his vfl form, knowing when ADZ and Dunks come back he is most likely out. Probably give Khamis a game against North also. We also need to start to manage players. Shame we can’t rest Bont as it may cost him a Charlie

I'm really liking English as the sole ruck now. I know he's a threat up forward but I actually think he's better suited to roaming around the ground. I'm not sure I want to see Martin back in the side even when he's fit.

Out: Gardner
In: Roarke

not sure he can handle the grind just yet.

Out Gardner inj, Hannan, Scott managed
In Marra, Young, Wallis

When we are at near full strength it will a nightmare trying to pick our best 22, so many players deserve a game but there are only 22 places. When all fit best 22

Backs Williams, Keath, Duryea, Dale, Wood, Daniel
Mids/Ruck Martin, Bont, Macrae, Smith, Dunks, Libba
Forwards Astro, Bruce, English, Weightman, JJ, Hunter, ADZ

Interchange Toby, JJ, Gardner, Richards

Sub VDM
Emergencies Crozier, Garcia, Wallis

Others
Scott
Jong
Young
Marra
Lippi
West
Buku
Sweet
What makes you think Scott needs managing? He is a seasoned player in his mid 20s.
Is he "sore" or something? Or is it just a polite way of omitting him?

Unless a player's a chance to play in the finals they shouldn't be brought in, Khamis and Ugle Hagen clearly aren't going to be part of that team.

I'd like Young to be in now rather than being forced to later on without him having any games under his belt, with the opposition coming up in the next month it would be great lead in. But I suspect it will be back to the 2 tall setup.

I'm really liking English as the sole ruck now. I know he's a threat up forward but I actually think he's better suited to roaming around the ground. I'm not sure I want to see Martin back in the side even when he's fit.

Out: Gardner
In: Roarke

Definitely a luxury we may but be able to afford having Stef back in, but English is so much more damaging when roaming free.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lads, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We all know we should beat north, but in the back of our minds many of us have supported our club for years and know we have a tendency to drop games we should win.

I am quietly confident and would love to give them another drubbing however I just hope our boys come out with the same intensity they showed against the eagles.

Last edited:
Let's talk about the Caleb Daniel spoil on Gaff for a second. Was that legal? He obviously made front-on contact but it was after he had already punched the ball away. Lingy and BT were amazed that it wasn't a free kick but we already know they have a poor understanding of the rules of the game. Regardless, it was an elite spoil. If that's not legal then it should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back