Changes vs Lions - Schaz & Broomy in for Aish & Schade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one to generally stick up for Jackcass, but that's not even close to what he said. You need to go back and have a re-read.

Um...That's his post.

I literally quoted his post.

Sweet, Broomheads in. Its probably better to give him as much exposure as possible at AFL level so we can once and for all settle the debate about his absolute inability to compete at AFL level.

Dont know many other players who actually seem to be getting worse the more games they play. 5 years in the system and still done FA.

Sweet, Broomheads in. Its probably better to give him as much exposure as possible at AFL level so we can once and for all settle the debate about his absolute inability to compete at AFL level.

Dont know many other players who actually seem to be getting worse the more games they play. 5 years in the system and still done FA.

This is what I mean. I've never really bagged this kid in the same way I have Maynard and Smith.

But, I mean, we picked him up the same year as Grundy who is a ruckman. Ruckmen are meant to take years to get going, mids/small forwards should be good pretty damn quick.

I get that he's had illness and injury issues, but even on the occasions that he's had a good run at it (which admittedly has only been, what twice in his career?), he hasn't really shown much, let alone enough to justify a Top 20 pick. I mean, people consistently rip on Fasolo who was picked up only 2 season before Broomhead and also had injury issues but at least Fas has shown SOMETHING worth persisting with.

He was also pick 45. Not 20.

This is what I mean. I've never really bagged this kid in the same way I have Maynard and Smith.

But, I mean, we picked him up the same year as Grundy who is a ruckman. Ruckmen are meant to take years to get going, mids/small forwards should be good pretty damn quick.

I get that he's had illness and injury issues, but even on the occasions that he's had a good run at it (which admittedly has only been, what twice in his career?), he hasn't really shown much, let alone enough to justify a Top 20 pick. I mean, people consistently rip on Fasolo who was picked up only 2 season before Broomhead and also had injury issues but at least Fas has shown SOMETHING worth persisting with.

He was also pick 45. Not 20.
100% agree. Several posters (funny how 2 of them feature in this thread disagreeing with you) are entrenched in a position about Broomhead and refuse to acknowledge the facts that are right infront of them.

My concern is similar, Broomhead is still a fringe player 5 years in and hasn't once shown this year ge looks like making it at AFL level.

Frankly is being gifted games.

100% agree. Several posters (funny how 2 of them feature in this thread disagreeing with you) are entrenched in a position about Broomhead and refuse to acknowledge the facts that are right infront of them.

My concern is similar, Broomhead is still a fringe player 5 years in and hasn't once shown this year ge looks like making it at AFL level.

Frankly is being gifted games.
For mine that has a bit of truth but is probably a bit harsh just the same. Broomy is one of a large number of young players we have whose development has been stymied, often by injury, leaving us uncertain about where they stand in the AFL scene. Would include Langdon, Sinclair, Scharenberg, Wills, Aish, Sier and Ramsay in that group also. It's really important that at least 2-3 of these guys step up and become regular best 22 if we are to grow as a team.

For mine that has a bit of truth but is probably a bit harsh just the same. Broomy is one of a large number of young players we have whose development has been stymied, often by injury, leaving us uncertain about where they stand in the AFL scene. Would include Langdon, Sinclair, Scharenberg, Wills, Aish, Sier and Ramsay in that group also. It's really important that at least 2-3 of these guys step up and become regular best 22 if we are to grow as a team.
Obviously im happy to be proved wrong about Broomhead. Do we want to see him succeed, ofcourse, and injuries have played a role in his development, but it gets to a point where you just need to have an impact and work through your injuries and he simply isn't.

Talented kid but at pick 20 to date he is looking like a bust.

Um...That's his post.

I literally quoted his post.
I know. But he didn't say he's had 5-6 games this year with 20+ possessions. He said he's had 5-6 games. Total. Across his 27 game career.

Not his fault you misinterpreted what he said.

I think over handball comes from a lack of decision making- ie who to handball to and when to kick.

Footy's generally played this way these days- handball out of trouble to someone into space so you can break away and attack. Our problem is olthat our players decide to handball to players not expecting it, who are too close, to teammates under pressure and one more time too many.

I'm also concerned that our tendency to over handball in some situations reflects a lack of confidence in kicking! I know the standard fan response is to 'kick the bloody thing', but sometimes they really should kick the ball instead of making handball no 6, 7 or 8 in the chain! It also passes the responsibility off to the next player, to actually make the play. Anyway, I'm ranting a bit, so I'll stop now.

I'm also concerned that our tendency to over handball in some situations reflects a lack of confidence in kicking! I know the standard fan response is to 'kick the bloody thing', but sometimes they really should kick the ball instead of making handball no 6, 7 or 8 in the chain! It also passes the responsibility off to the next player, to actually make the play. Anyway, I'm ranting a bit, so I'll stop now.
It's interesting that Carlton do exactly that, kick the bloody thing, more then any team in recent history.

Looking at the graphs in this article, Carlton stand our remarkably from the rest of the competition when it comes to kick to handball ratio.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/19449458/footy-forensics-your-afl-club-key-game-trend

No shock either to see we are one of the worst 4 teams in the comp for inside 50 efficiency. Our midfield is good enough to get the ball in there, but both the quality of delivery and the lack of marking targets makes for a very inefficient team going forward. It's cost us games already, and most of it is due to poor planning, recruiting and development of the forward line in the past 4-5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Forecast there is a Great Chance I be watching this Game in my Lounge at Home Tomorrow
You may be able to scream even more at home?

Agree

Likely to be wet tomorrow so we do not want to overuse it again
Keep it basic

Tradebait. Port want him and we may make something if he gets a few more AFL games....worth nothing if he sees out the year in the twos

Ugh....here we go

He's only played 6 games. You're literally saying he's accumulated 20 plus in every game he played. Even if you didn't know it.

Seriously, that's the best you've got? He's played 27 games at senior level, at no stage did I say his 5-6 with 20+ possessions were this year, I said they were at senior level. If that makes you feel better then you hang onto that desperate (inaccurate) thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back