Preview Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard fought confidence builder for us, but they absolutely spanked St Kilda away.

Is Casey playing tomorrow? KK and Dunkley probably a dominant game away each from a call up.

Would like to see Petty and Wagner out of the side, ANB too, but need to see some guys actually demand a guernsey.

Hibberd should be fit, and Lever might be. Suspect we need three talls to cover Hipwood/McStay/resting ruck.

Out: Wagner

In: Hibberd

If Dunkley or KK play well then ANB can go. If Lever is fit, then Petty out.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lever and Hibberd for Wagner and Petty the obvious changes if they are good to go.

Agree that Hannah was rubbish. It's a shame because he's so much better than that but was basically non-existent today despite the amount of forward 50 entries. Would need someone to actually put their hand up for selection though.

Too soon for Dunkley, make him really earn it.
Another three and I'm more than comfortable for him to come back in. We don't kick many goals, we need all the help we can get.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Another three and I'm more than comfortable for him to come back in. We don't kick many goals, we need all the help we can get.
Yeah I agree, making players earn it in the reserves for 4 weeks is for finals bound teams, would rather give him a taste and see what he's got if he's in a bit of form.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Out: Petty, Hannan,
In: Hibberd, KK

I wouldn’t be rushing Lever back. Given that we won’t be playing finals this year, if we are playing anyone under any sort of injury cloud at all we are as dumb a club as I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
21 touches and a goal today.

I didn’t see the game but if he’s used the ball well and laid a bunch of tackles, he will be considered you’d think.

Yeah that being said , I only saw a bit of him playing today. But the stats look good.

Lewis also had 39 disposals today and 30 last game

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
21 touches and a goal today.

I didn’t see the game but if he’s used the ball well and laid a bunch of tackles, he will be considered you’d think.
21 disposals (15k, 6h) 5 marks, 4 tackles, 4 I50's and a goal. Not a bad game at all stats wise, no idea on DE% tho.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Why the * would you drop Hannan when our small forward stocks are pathetic. You idiots do this s**t constantly with players who come back from injury.

Melksham got the same crap last year, Hannan is a good player who needs more time to settle, he's a touch player

Why the **** would you drop Hannan when our small forward stocks are pathetic. You idiots do this **** constantly with players who come back from injury.

Melksham got the same crap last year, Hannan is a good player who needs more time to settle, he's a touch player
Why can't he find his touch in the VFL?

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Why the **** would you drop Hannan when our small forward stocks are pathetic. You idiots do this **** constantly with players who come back from injury.

Settle down cranky pants. No one was writing him off because he's a bit out of sorts, merely suggesting he find some touch in the VFL if someone like Dunkley is kicking goals. He just kicked the one from 17 touches today, so I'd be inclined to persist with Hannan for a bit longer ... he'll come good at some point.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just on KK, his 21 disposals was a fine effort considering in the 1st quarter he actually didn't touch the ball at all. In 3 quarters he had 21 disposals and 5 tackles and 1 goal.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Settle down cranky pants. No one was writing him off because he's a bit out of sorts, merely suggesting he find some touch in the VFL if someone like Dunkley is kicking goals. He just kicked the one from 17 touches today, so I'd be inclined to persist with Hannan for a bit longer ... he'll come good at some point.
If they wanted him to find touch they should have played him in the VFL longer, may aswell allow him to find touch now.

Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
Only change should be for Hannan.

Yes Petty needs to work on his skills but there is potential there. The more games he can get the better for is run into 2020 and will can finally give Omac the arse.

Lever and Hibbo can stay in rehab.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah i aint making any changes. If Hibberd is fit then him for Wagner. What we'll do though is drop Wagner bring in Lewis whos played mid and put him back where he'll get cut up and was no good before he went out. Im giving Harmes the hard tag job on Neale. Give Petty a run of games but none of this OMac bullshit where hes gifted 3 ******* years of trash and 2 years worth of draft picks and an oversized HFF for replacements.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
This game could be tricky. Lions know how to score. Us, less so. Hope TMac’s improved form in the second half on Saturday somehow builds into an avalanche of goals from him. Hibberd back if fit. I’m leaving Hannan - he’s been less than ordinary but he’s got to come good sometime and we just have to improve our scoring.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back