Preview Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Harmes can shut down Lachie Neale somewhat and Viney plays like a man possessed again, I can't see the Lions matching us in the middle at all this weekend.

I want to see Harmes with Neale from the opening bounce. No letting him run amok for a quarter like we did with Fyfe.

We have a good bunch of mids but we still need to pay respect to the oppositions A graders.

We did the same against Port round 1, let Robbie Gray off the chain early and by the time he copped a tag it was too late.

Don't get why Harmes doesn't do it every game, he plays excellent footy when he has to stick to a man.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
OUT

Hannan (been rubbish since returning)
Petty (i kind of like him but looks far off it atm)
Wagner (Not much wrong but fringe player)

IN

Hibberd (auto inclusion once fit. In for Petty)
Dunkley (lets have a look at him in Hannans role)
Lewis (a senior head against a young team could be beneficial. Can play Wags role. Had 39 touches so deserves one last crack at it)

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Harmes can shut down Lachie Neale somewhat and Viney plays like a man possessed again, I can't see the Lions matching us in the middle at all this weekend.

I want to see Harmes with Neale from the opening bounce. No letting him run amok for a quarter like we did with Fyfe.

We have a good bunch of mids but we still need to pay respect to the oppositions A graders.

We did the same against Port round 1, let Robbie Gray off the chain early and by the time he copped a tag it was too late.
We’ve got McCluggage too worry about as well.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't know whether this was a conscious change or not but we only had 3 players get more handballs than kicks on the weekend.

Viney 12/16
Hunt 5/6
ANB 5/10

So wither we have finally realised what everyone else has realised which is over handballing creates pressure and opens up the turnover or it's an anamoly soon to be corrected

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I don't know whether this was a conscious change or not but we only had 3 players get more handballs than kicks on the weekend.

Viney 12/16
Hunt 5/6
ANB 5/10

So wither we have finally realised what everyone else has realised which is over handballing creates pressure and opens up the turnover or it's an anamoly soon to be corrected

Some of vineys handballs were terrific - wide and to advantage of teammates and instantly relieved the pressure. His handball to set up the Lockhart goal at the city end was a beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
He'll miss one

Two minimum.
243E6BA9-E9D1-4D56-B44C-AA894E65C832.jpeg

Would be a great time to keep playing the aggressive borderline style that has served us so well in the last two years. Lions are a pretty young side, they’ll run all over us if we don’t monster them in the contest.
Does youth equal running? They're 2 months younger on average and we have 9 games fewer experience.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would be a great time to keep playing the aggressive borderline style that has served us so well in the last two years. Lions are a pretty young side, they’ll run all over us if we don’t monster them in the contest.
Take it as given. May seems to especially enjoy ironing out Lions players. I’d say they will all have their radar on full alert if Steven is within 50 metres.

Take the oldest and most experienced player from each team out and that changes a fair bit
Only 55 games between Hodge and Jones, surprisingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back