Preview Changes vs Lions

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why the **** would you drop Hannan when our small forward stocks are pathetic. You idiots do this **** constantly with players who come back from injury.

Melksham got the same crap last year, Hannan is a good player who needs more time to settle, he's a touch player
You need to chill the * out. People are going to have different OPINIONS to you, that’s okay. Stop being a pain in the arse and try to remember this is meant to be in good humour. I miss funny topkent.

Why the **** would you drop Hannan when our small forward stocks are pathetic. You idiots do this **** constantly with players who come back from injury.

Melksham got the same crap last year, Hannan is a good player who needs more time to settle, he's a touch player

Agree.

Hannan looks dangerous just not coming off for him at the moment.

If he gets 0.5 of a second faster with his decision making he will start to really hurt teams.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
This looms as an interesting match. Brisbane are very talented but can be a bit inconsistent. Basically, they’re a bit like us in 17/18. If they get a run on like against the Saints we could be crushed by 60-100 points

Equally we could be in it if they get ahead of themselves like they did against Carlton. To be any chance we have to play it smart and try and control the tempo of the game. I can see us trying to play too fast and it biting us on the arse. But if we rope a dope, we might be on the other side of what teams have against us for most of 2019.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
You need to chill the **** out. People are going to have different OPINIONS to you, that’s okay. Stop being a pain in the arse and try to remember this is meant to be in good humour. I miss funny topkent.
Who is funny Topkent and is he related to belligerent Topkent?

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm mostly interested to see how our forward line changes between now and the end of the year.

Our backline is starting to settle and we all know who the first 6 picked there are.

Similarly with out midfield, we know the best plays to pick but we just need to get the right balance of where they spend their time (inside or outside).

Our forward line however is still a moving feast. We have 4 tall options (and went with a 3 talls experiement this time), too many mid sized options (Melk, Petracca, Hannan, Hunt, Fritsch, AVB) and our small options are either new hopes (Lockhart) or underwhelming (Spargo, Garlett).

Structurally it's all over the place so I'd like to see a few different combinations experimented with to see if we can find the right mix to take into round 1 next year.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
This looms as an interesting match. Brisbane are very talented but can be a bit inconsistent. Basically, they’re a bit like us in 17/18. If they get a run on like against the Saints we could be crushed by 60-100 points

Equally we could be in it if they get ahead of themselves like they did against Carlton. To be any chance we have to play it smart and try and control the tempo of the game. I can see us trying to play too fast and it biting us on the arse. But if we rope a dope, we might be on the other side of what teams have against us for most of 2019.
Nothing like us in 17!

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm okay with Lewis getting another look in at some stage, but not against Brissy at the Gabba. Feel like their nippy forwards would exploit his lack of pace too often.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I was **** faced when I posted that. 2 day slowpitch tournament. Would have thought a post that wasn't actually aimed at anyone in particular wasn't that bad.

campaigners
You need to be a happy drunk on Bigfooty. Once you get to the point where you can only focus on the screen by holding one eye closed, it’s time to go on the main board and post random gibberish phonemes, or head to the Freo board and slur on endlessly about how much you respect and admire the career of Matthew Pavlich. Either way you wake up to about 30 plus likes.

Word is Jarod Berry is due to come back this week ... So I'm going to go with him actually doing what he got suspended for last time ... If only Double Jeopardy was a thing at the AFL Tribunal.

Not sure that's how double jeopardy works..

Darhkuan

Senior List
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hannan struggled but still feel like he will get there. Was super important when he was up and about last year. Don't think the VFL is really his spot right now.

Wagner still looks out classed. Hibberd/Lever whoever is fit.
Petty is an interesting one. Clearly inexperienced but not everyone is going to look like Hore from the get go. Happy to stick with him as he was much improved from his last few games.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't think Hibberd will be risked a 2nd time, after his initial plate failed, via coming back too soon for the QB clash. The plate came loose. So I think he will take another two matches this time, before he's ready.
And the same goes for Lever. With bone bruising in his suspect knee.

I think, no change this week, unless someone is injured. In that case it could be Lewis, or JKH.

Saw Josh Mahoney yesterday (in The Age?) saying that Hibberd would be fine, but that Lever would be another week away. So Hibberd for Wagner would appear to be the move this week.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hannan struggled but still feel like he will get there. Was super important when he was up and about last year. Don't think the VFL is really his spot right now.

Wagner still looks out classed. Hibberd/Lever whoever is fit.
Petty is an interesting one. Clearly inexperienced but not everyone is going to look like Hore from the get go. Happy to stick with him as he was much improved from his last few games.

Take into account that Hore is a mature age at 23 and had already 50 VFL games under his belt. So in a way he is a lot more experienced then Petty.

While Lever is out i would leave Petty in to gain as much experience as he can from the likes of May Hibberd and Frost.

If Harmes can shut down Lachie Neale somewhat and Viney plays like a man possessed again, I can't see the Lions matching us in the middle at all this weekend.

I want to see Harmes with Neale from the opening bounce. No letting him run amok for a quarter like we did with Fyfe.

We have a good bunch of mids but we still need to pay respect to the oppositions A graders.

We did the same against Port round 1, let Robbie Gray off the chain early and by the time he copped a tag it was too late.

Back