Prediction Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought McComb played quite well. Any reason everyone is dropping him apart from the group think, McComb derangement syndrome and laziness?
McCombs come miles from his first game and has genuinely deserved his spot at times but he was extremely poor on Friday night, just a genuine liability at times whose not particularly great at anything - for someone who is obviously so poor with ball in hand he has to be stronger defensively & in the contest, had players waltz through his tackles on numerous occasions, his lack of ability to force a contest in the air as well is just not good enough. Scott’s ahead and McNeil should be too

He’s fine as a depth option but with a nearly full list with Hunter back next week he’s the one to make way IMO and especially when Baz is back - I don’t see how we can justify keeping him in the side anymore tbh, maybe if Cody needs a rest

What did Richards do are we sure he’ll be out? Big loss if so

In: Hunter
Out: Richards

Scott to play as a small defender for the week with Hunter taking his spot on the wing. Sounds like English might miss again.

I’m not far off dropping O’Brien for someone like Bedendo. Crozier could play the third tall role and Scott could take Duryea’s role longer term when Ed is back. We do have Schache in the side as cover when teams playing a taller forward line.

Scott will get the job to start.
Scott doesn’t fill me with much confidence in a defensive role, his versatility is great in game and he played well down there on Friday - he’s becoming really solid with his consistent output and neat skills but I don’t think I’d trust him on Cameron, we’re really lacking in options though maybe Croz as Cameron is so good aerially too. Cleary another who could potentially do it

Scott doesn’t fill me with much confidence in a defensive role, his versatility is great in game and he played well down there on Friday - he’s becoming really solid with his consistent output and neat skills but I don’t think I’d trust him on Cameron, we’re really lacking in options though maybe Croz as Cameron is so good aerially too. Cleary another who could potentially do it
Scott isn’t ideal but I guess that’s the issue when you’re missing your two best lockdown smalls then sometimes you have to make do. It’s a time where you’d love to have a Dale Morris in your back six.

Crozier is certainly an option but I think Cameron would be far too good on the deck but he is for most people.

Clearly Cleary was unfairly dropped for Dureya and has more upside than the ageing Crozier who was great in 2019
Like West has replenished this side
So can Cleary as he has height and pace.
Bendendo Ditto has to get a game soon.
Or if Weightman is still ginger play him now.
In Hunter Cleary Bendendo
Out Richards McComb (Weightman)

I thought McComb played quite well. Any reason everyone is dropping him apart from the group think, McComb derangement syndrome and laziness?
I agree and think he’s improved each week but he’s been playing in Hunters spot. What might save him is if they pop JJ down back to replace Ed and that opens a forward role.

With a 6 day break and if Timmy is fit, I’d be tempted to rest Naughts a week and play Timmy as 2nd ruck but mainly forward.
With Ed out, Cleary seems a chance but I’d be tempted to pop JJ back to shadow McCarthy or Bailey if he’s back. Hunter then in and McComb a week as a forward. If Cleary gets the nod I won’t be upset though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a 6 day break and if Timmy is fit, I’d be tempted to rest Naughts a week and play Timmy as 2nd ruck but mainly forward.
With Ed out, Cleary seems a chance but I’d be tempted to pop JJ back to shadow McCarthy or Bailey if he’s back. Hunter then in and McComb a week as a forward. If Cleary gets the nod I won’t be upset though
Beveridge said they're more likely to "look after" Tim and not play him.

Hopefully he presents well this week and wants to play because a few days before the Hawthorn game the coach said he would play against Brisbane

Why would we be resting our most important player in a must win game? He’s done a mountain of work but he’s moving and playing great.

Why on earth would you rest Naughton? We absolutely need him for the game.

Huge hole in the backline with Richards and Dureya both out. They would have taken Cameron and McCarthy and there will also be Zorko and Bailey hanging around if they come back. Id resist throwing JJ back, looked lively at HF and offers us more going forward. Scott will probably go back and a Crozier or Williams will have to play small.

Regardless will be the same story for us, the pressure in the middle will have to be elite for 4 quarters or we're stuffed. Can get away with 2 or 3 1/4s of it against the lower sides, Brisbane up there is a different story. Makes Baz's stuff all the more disappointing, the next 2 games decide or season, have to atleast go 1-1.

Not ideal, but Wallis for Weightman with West and JJ the other small forward.

In: Hunter, Wallis
Out: Weightman, Richards

Unfortunately due to our bad injury run, our shambolic selection philosophy and the fact that some of our players have decided to take a mid-season holiday, we aren't in a position to rest Naughts. He's moving pretty well so he's fine.

I think Naughts could get a hold of the lions defenders. Adams can be outreached and Andrews is the most overrated KPD in the game. He's not quick nor that strong. He lacks the athletic ability to go with Naughts.

Jackson Payne funnily enough is probably the best matchup for him.

I feel as though we can do without TO. He hasn’t fired, not giving us much at all. But we don’t have many options. Unless we want to go for a different look.

Darcy would potentially give us more at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In: Hunter
Out: Richards

Scott to play as a small defender for the week with Hunter taking his spot on the wing. Sounds like English might miss again.

I’m not far off dropping O’Brien for someone like Bedendo. Crozier could play the third tall role and Scott could take Duryea’s role longer term when Ed is back. We do have Schache in the side as cover when teams playing a taller forward line.
Scott went back on ?Friday when Richards went off, made a couple of mistakes, would rather bring someone in to replace Richards or put williams back

Dropping McComb for Hunter isnt a slight on McComb, he has improved and has been rock solid recently. Hunter is a significant upgrade though and good sides need to do this.

To rest Naughton irrespective of English's fitness would be barking mad.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Scott went back on ?Friday when Richards went off, made a couple of mistakes, would rather bring someone in to replace Richards or put williams back

Agreed. I remember Scott played back in the Sydney game in the 2nd half also and wasn't great. He was one of the main culprits for letting the ball get to the back which was one of the things Bevo was disappointed with in his press conference in that game. Wing or forward is his position and he's played quite well this year.

I thought JJ played well when he was given a go on Greene, I think he's our best bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back