Prediction Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel as though we can do without TO. He hasn’t fired, not giving us much at all. But we don’t have many options. Unless we want to go for a different look.

Darcy would potentially give us more at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m close to dropping him too but we need his size this week against Danniher, Hipwood & McStay who are all genuine KPF size.

He played a fair bit of forward on Friday due to a lack of matchup with the Hawks. He started on Moore and was expectedly beaten comfortably.

It will be interesting to see which Lions turn up this week. They looked a bit sad and sore Thursday night, with their feathers clipped. Where was that cocky Lions supporter who came on here after a loss awhile ago.

They will either be galvanised to get some pride bac (no pun intended), or their confidence will be dented as they realise they can only win at the Gabba and nothing has changed since they lost their two finals last year.

Last edited:
If it was a month don't bother trying to comeback this year
He might only miss a couple of games (he's already missed one). I was suggesting that he might be able to push for senior selection in about four weeks.

Yes.. 4 weeks doesn't leave much of the season left.. don't see the point
He's one of the best goalkickers in the league and structurally helps us a lot. If Bruce is match fit before the end of the home and away season he plays.

He's one of the best goalkickers in the league and structurally helps us a lot. If Bruce is match fit before the end of the home and away season he plays.
Wouldn't bother if we have lost too many .. what's the point

Either get him ready earlier or don't bother playing 3 or 4 games

Wouldn't bother if we have lost too many .. what's the point

Either get him ready earlier or don't bother playing 3 or 4 games
OK...if we can't play finals maybe he doesn't play... but I'm assuming we will still be a mathematical possibility for finals for another four games or more.

Out: Richards
In: Hunter

Move Williams from wing to Richards role for this game.
I don't understand why so many want to move players back to roles they were struggling with to fit someone else into the team.

Williams has been improving as a wingman since moving there and given time has the right attributes to be a high quality winger.

Cleary would replace Richards whilst Durea is unavailable.

If Hunter is ready he comes in for Scott or Mc Comb.

Our tall forwards until Bruce is ready are the 3 there now.

Sweet plays until English is ready to go.

Unless someone is dominating the VFL there really are no more changes to be made to strengthen the team unless there are injuries or illness to provide an opportunity.

Our season to date rules out simply trying anyone now or just player players for development.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: Hunter
Out: Richards

Scott to play as a small defender for the week with Hunter taking his spot on the wing. Sounds like English might miss again.

I’m not far off dropping O’Brien for someone like Bedendo. Crozier could play the third tall role and Scott could take Duryea’s role longer term when Ed is back. We do have Schache in the side as cover when teams playing a taller forward line.
I think Hunter will come in for Richards, with B Williams going to play half back as played earlier. That would be Bevo's thinking imo.

I feel as though we can do without TO. He hasn’t fired, not giving us much at all. But we don’t have many options. Unless we want to go for a different look.

Darcy would potentially give us more at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Darcy not gonna play this year. Not AFL ready imo

OK...if we can't play finals maybe he doesn't play... but I'm assuming we will still be a mathematical possibility for finals for another four games or more.
I’d still bring him back even if we can’t make finals. I wouldn’t underestimate the psychological benefit he’d take to pre-season and the early rounds next year from playing a few games.

Carlton were nowhere near it last year when they brought Charlie Curnow back for the last month of the season. He only kicked 2 goals in 4 games but then had a great start to 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who the heck are our small defenders in this game? Those flogs Bailey and Cameron who haven't done anything for a while will have a field day

Huge hole in the backline with Richards and Dureya both out. They would have taken Cameron and McCarthy and there will also be Zorko and Bailey hanging around if they come back. Id resist throwing JJ back, looked lively at HF and offers us more going forward. Scott will probably go back and a Crozier or Williams will have to play small.

Regardless will be the same story for us, the pressure in the middle will have to be elite for 4 quarters or we're stuffed. Can get away with 2 or 3 1/4s of it against the lower sides, Brisbane up there is a different story. Makes Baz's stuff all the more disappointing, the next 2 games decide or season, have to atleast go 1-1.

Not ideal, but Wallis for Weightman with West and JJ the other small forward.

In: Hunter, Wallis
Out: Weightman, Richards
Wallis didn't train last week stood in foward pocket and watched didn't even run laps.

Who the heck are our small defenders in this game? Those flogs Bailey and Cameron who haven't done anything for a while will have a field day
How would Lachie Hunter go as a small defender on Cameron? He knows the game plan inside-out so suspect can figure out positioning in the zone, is clean at ground level and plenty agile enough. Lacks pure pace to go with Cameron but who doesn’t?

By the way, and maybe i need to check again, but was Scott sent back after Richards went off? Collected 22 touches (a season high i think) back there and Mcneil sent forward when he came on as the sub.

Looked like he played a bit all over the place, but certainly spent some more time down back in the 2nd half particularly the last qtr.

Last edited:
So we’ve had shouts to rest Naughton and move both Scott and Hunter to the backline.

As the newly self-appointed director of WB BF Forum Punting Pty Ltd, please see the latest markets for this weeks game:

Gardner to play KPF: 8/1 (kicked 6 in the VFL once, value bet)
Sweet and English to both play: 100/1
McNeil to play lockdown small defender: 17/1
Fagan to coach from the coaches box: 10,000/1

So we’ve had shouts to rest Naughton and move both Scott and Hunter to the backline.

As the newly self-appointed director of WB BF Forum Punting Pty Ltd, please see the latest markets for this weeks game:

Gardner to play KPF: 8/1 (kicked 6 in the VFL once, value bet)
Sweet and English to both play: 100/1
McNeil to play lockdown small defender: 17/1
Fagan to coach from the coaches box: 10,000/1
Ooh, I might have a nibble at Sweet and English. Not likely ... but very juicy odds.

By the way, and maybe i need to check again, but was Scott sent back after Richards went off? Collected 22 touches (a season high i think) back there and Mcneil sent forward when he came on as the sub.
Scott was definitely sent back, especially in the second half. 67% of his 22 touches were in the defensive half. I expect he’ll be there again.

Eric Hipwood looks short of a gallop but watch him tear it up against us like he always does. Key out could be Jarrod Lyons, especially with Zorko getting all these old man injuries their midfield looks very thin.

Both Lysons and Zorko will play
Don't mind Zorko playing, his body looks shot. Not looking for Lyons and his fake tough guy act, routinely dumping guys into the turf after the umpire has blown the whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back