Preview Changes vs Foot/Dalgleish/Williamson (weagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for the VFL results but there needs to be a plan for Cunnington.
At least Ahern can play this match. He's the most logical like-for-like for Cunnington/Higgins. LDU isn't physically there yet, as good as his year has been.

Just a heads up while we think match ups.
No Cripps or Natinui
And there's a good chance Kennedy will not play.
Liam Ryan is carrying a knee injury
Show respect to young Jarrad Cameron, the kid will be better than his brother.
Hutchings likely to tag Higgins
Mc Govern has suspect ribs, but he's tough.
I'm of the opinion that we can beat this team. Our disposal was very average this week and lapsed badly in the 3rd. A couple of players needed to step up and didn't, but expect after a quiet word they will next week.
Depending on the VFL game performance.
In: LDU, Hosie/Campbell and possibly Garner
Out: Hrovat and wait to see who is available for in's

Just a heads up while we think match ups.
No Cripps or Natinui
And there's a good chance Kennedy will not play.
Liam Ryan is carrying a knee injury
Show respect to young Jarrad Cameron, the kid will be better than his brother.
Hutchings likely to tag Higgins
Mc Govern has suspect ribs, but he's tough.
I'm of the opinion that we can beat this team. Our disposal was very average this week and lapsed badly in the 3rd. A couple of players needed to step up and didn't, but expect after a quiet word they will next week.
Depending on the VFL game performance.
In: LDU, Hosie/Campbell and possibly Garner
Out: Hrovat and wait to see who is available for in's
I really don't see it. Two agonising losses in a row, finals hopes extinguished, woeful record in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU for Hrovat, Hosie for JMac with Turner moving down back.

Those two stand out like the proverbial with their inability to physically impose themselves. Hrovat unfortunately just isn't up to it, and while JMac certainly is and is a competent AFL player, he is completely unsuited to the way our defence seeks to play, something which will only be further exposed against West Coke's trio of small forwards. With Turner down there I reckon we have 3 perfect matchups, with Ats to free himself up and provide run.

Marley- Rioli
Pittard- Ryan
Turner- Cameron

LDU has been dropped twice because he won’t physically impose himself on the contest so that’s a lame reason. Is he a better footballer than Hrovat, absolutely, but he needs to toughen up.

That would be the hardest thing they would have to do this year I would think...#piesluvMCG
They did beat the Eagles over there, even if they then fell in a hole.

I'm flying to Perth tomorrow but will be back home by the weekend - can't believe I didn't check the fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back