Preview Changes vs Foot/Dalgleish/Williamson (weagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out. Thompson, Hrovat, Macmillan

In. McKay, Garner (if not fit hosie), LDU

I’d be very happy with the above changes. Really looking forward to seeing Durdin and McKay in the one backline. And they should stay there the rest of the year.

McKay would get monstered by their forwards

No Thommo means the midfield needs to apply pressure the entire game so
It doesn’t leak otherwise we are in serious trouble

Hey guys haven't seen an injury report yet, wondering what outs you guys have got?

You guys have been looking great lately and we happen to have hit an injury front at the wrong time of year. We've already been playing a few hobbled figures but can't afford not to with how close the race for top 2 is.

Potential and definite outs:
NicNat (definite out)
Cripps (definite out)
Duggan (definite out)
Venables (definite out)
Vardy (definite out)
Hurn
McGovern
Ryan
Kennedy
Hutchings
Ah Chee

We're hoping to possibly have Hutch, Ah Chee back for this one and Gov to come up alright.

But from what we've seen wouldn't mind if Ryan or Kennedy were rested to get them firing for future matches.
(I know Carlton would seem a smarter game to rest and repair players but that Optus surface is what they need the rest from).

Anyway hoping for a cracking match and no injuries!

Last edited:
Hey guys haven't seen an injury report yet, wondering what outs you guys have got?

You guys have been looking great lately and we happen to have hit an injury front at the wrong time of year. We've already been playing a few hobbled figures but can't afford not to with how close the race for top 2 is.

Potential and definite outs:
NicNat (definite out)
Cripps (definite out)
Duggan (definite out)
Venables (definite out)
Vardy (definite out)
Hurn
McGovern
Ryan
Kennedy
Ah Chee

We're hoping to possibly have Hutch, Ah Chee back for this one and Gov to come up alright.

But from what we've seen wouldn't mind if Ryan or Kennedy were rested to get them firing for future matches.
(I know Carlton would seem a smarter game to rest and repair players but that Optus surface is what they need the rest from).

Anyway hoping for a cracking match and no injuries!
Margetts can cover those injuries for you, he always seems to...

Our projected outs are debatable and we don’t know about Thompson’s ruptured testicle, but we expect him to play

Outs:
Hvorat and I would rest Thomas.

Ins:
Hosie and LDU.

Margetts can cover those injuries for you, he always seems to...

Rumour has it that when Margets, Darling and Simmo had their bi-weekly best-chums hangout there was an ugly dispute during a game of pool on the actual rules when both players are on the black ball.
So maybe we'll only get half of the agreed under the table paid for frees that we normally get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to say it but I think you’re right and it might be his last year.
After an injury like that partners and family tend to put at the forefront of your mind.

Probably right.

I was keen to get him on a 2 or 3 year contract, at a lower yearly salary (but more money overall), and transition him from full time in the ones to mentor in the twos a la Scott MacMahon a few years ago.

I think he has real ongoing value as a listed player bringing through our next generation and being able to play seniors when injuries hit or Thommo's form continues to warrant it.

But yeah, something like this you'd think would get him thinking about the future.

Wright to replace MacMillan
Hosie to replace Hrovat
Anyone with a clue to replace the umpires

LDU probably should get a run based on form but not sure who would come out for him

Probably right.

I was keen to get him on a 2 or 3 year contract, at a lower yearly salary (but more money overall), and transition him from full time in the ones to mentor in the twos a la Scott MacMahon a few years ago.

I think he has real ongoing value as a listed player bringing through our next generation and being able to play seniors when injuries hit or Thommo's form continues to warrant it.

But yeah, something like this you'd think would get him thinking about the future.
It’s certainly would speed up the process but I do like Durdin in Scott’s role. He’s very underrated skills wise and great user of the ball. If Daw can return I think Tarrant, Daw and Durdin could be a good combo.

Probably right.

A coaching role wouldn't be a bad idea or a Brendon Whitecross situation ala VFL coach/player.

A coaching role wouldn't be a bad idea or a Brendon Whitecross situation ala VFL coach/player.
I think the decision would be entirely in the Scott’s camp, he’s a champion of the club but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him take non playing role.

He’d probably better at serving the club by heading off to the stable and producing 12 young stallions anyway.

Last edited:
Rumour has it that when Margets, Darling and Simmo had their bi-weekly best-chums hangout there was an ugly dispute during a game of pool on the actual rules when both players are on the black ball.
How did it end up? I have a vision of Simmo fairly potting the black, Darling sneakily knocking the cue ball into the corner with his hand and Margetts ruling Simmo had to do a pantsless lap as a result. Boo.

Holding interstate training sessions again.

woah..

BH_1300lede.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back