Changes vs Melbourne, melt away!

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH i thought he played really well, impacted the contests, did the right things. But for some players it just doesn't seem to click and when the game was on the line when everyone else was able to hold the wall he really was the difference in brought us undone.
Yeah, nah.

He was very good first half.

He actually got back to make the wall and repel in the last. Yeah, he kicked one that was turned over but that s**t was pretty random.

Clearly wasn't our problem tonight. I'm actually sorry I'm taking this up with you. A couple of people went him tonight at the game when he had just made a couple of exceptional efforts and the ball filtered out of bounds. If it was anyone else, silence or even clapping. Not here. So apologies if I'm a bit hyper-sensitive - not keen on eating our own.

Yeah, nah.

He was very good first half.

He actually got back to make the wall and repel in the last. Yeah, he kicked one that was turned over but that s**t was pretty random.

Clearly wasn't our problem tonight. I'm actually sorry I'm taking this up with you. A couple of people went him tonight ate game when he had just made a couple of exceptional efforts and the ball filtered out of bounds. If it was anyone else, silence or even clapping. Not ties if I'here. So apologies if I'm a bit hyper-sensitive - not keen on eating our own.

Says a lot about the rest of the team if Masten is one of our best tbh

Talk about panic mode.
So lets blame the forwards even though the ball didn't get done there for the last quarter and a half.
We could also blame Masten even though he played well.
Or maybe we should acknowledge that we played a very good team with their backs to the wall.
Buckley pulled out one of his best coaching exhibitions.
We lost Cripps early and we missed his grunt goals and competitiveness up the ground and we lost by a single point.
We have the next tree games against bottom 10 teams while the Woods face GWS and Richmond.
Just give the whinging a rest.

Good post LGG :thumbsu: a couple of comments if I may.

So lets blame the forwards even though the ball didn't get done there for the last quarter and a half.

Cant exonerate the forwards fully as they played atrocious football for the last 8 minutes of the third quarter.
We dominated the play and yet failed to capitalise on it as we had six forward entries that should have resulted in scores, but cute football, silly undisciplined free kicks given away, poor decision making such as passing into the pocket, cost us.
In that period we should have got at least another two goals probably three and when you go down by a point, those missed opportunities come back to haunt you and its not unreasonable to apportion blame.

Or maybe we should acknowledge that we played a very good team with their backs to the wall.

Absolutely we were out gunned by a far more desperate and focused team tonight.
Cant ever begrudge a team that wins having shown so much heart and vigour. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Derek Hines has done a wonderful job recruiting that group of hard arsed tough bandito's, that run straight lines for the contested ball and put their heads over the ball.

Says a lot about the rest of the team if Masten is one of our best tbh
What does that even mean?

I get you don't like him. But FFS the guy is clearly an AFL standard footballer.

I get you don't like him. But FFS the guy is clearly an AFL standard footballer.

Typical Masten lover, pretending that a bloke with 209 AFL games under two premiership coaches and a premiership of his own isn’t amateur standard.

Masto had his best game for the season last week and was quite good again today. One very visible mistake but not an orphan there. Didn’t get caught HTB deflating another one of the Masten myths. Won several 1v1s with Sidebottom after doing Hill in last week. Good efforts.

If he wasn’t getting dropped for some of the earlier efforts he certainly won’t be after the last fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typical Masten lover, pretending that a bloke with 209 AFL games under two premiership coaches and a premiership of his own isn’t amateur standard.

Masto had his best game for the season last week and was quite good again today. One very visible mistake but not an orphan there. Didn’t get caught HTB deflating another one of the Masten myths. Won several 1v1s with Sidebottom after doing Hill in last week. Good efforts.

If he wasn’t getting dropped for some of the earlier efforts he certainly won’t be after the last fortnight.
You, clearly, are an incompetent crab.

Out cripps

In smith

With hutch , cripps and duggan out we have lost a lot of link up and gut running .

Dont think we can carry rioli cameron and petch
Yeah they’re probably the 3 worst outs for us at this point of the season. All 3 run 15+kms a game every week as well as being vital cogs in their position, and it allows us to carry so many talls. Bad time to be having these 3-4 week injuries. Just need to keep pushing on. A scrappy win tonight would have had me more comfortable leading into finals with the outs, but it wasn’t to be..

Yeah didn't like Cole's game. Nelson is a much better shutdown defender and Cole is too fumbly and not quick enough to be a much better rebounder to remove Nelson from the team.

If Cole can be a good shutdown defender he would be a better option than Nelson as he can run with the ball more but still neither are great

Clearly...if you don't understand the comment no wonder you think he's valuable to our team lol.

Edit: my initial comment was an acknowledgement he had a decent game.
Not that I think he's in our best 22 at all. But based on the standards of most of the rest of our team he was amongst the best players for us tonight.

Capiche?

Like when he put his body on the line in the last and got a stoppage ?
He never wins the contest. A ball up is his best. Watson would be so much more dynamic. Let's face it, Nelson is a dud. Sheppard puts his body on the line all night. You find one occasion Nelson did it. He's no good sorry.

Last edited:
Clearly...if you don't understand the comment no wonder you think he's valuable to our team lol.

Edit: my initial comment was an acknowledgement he had a decent game.
Not that I think he's in our best 22 at all. But based on the standards of most of the rest of our team he was amongst the best players for us tonight.

Capiche?
So it's bad he played well? Or at least ok?

Out: Cripps, Cole?

In: Petch (please fix your shots on goal), Schoey?

Hutch and Ah Chee still injured

Wonder if Petch will be slung again 😒

Remove this Banner Ad

Back