Changes vs Melbourne, melt away!

Wouldn't mind seeing Watson debut or even Schoey come in but gee it better be for Cole and not Nelson. Cole may have been good in the WAFL when he played those two games but he's been bog average in the league side this year and Nelson has been decent. Cole is getting games due to that premiership medallion. Needs to hit the stack hard this summer and have a serious off season

Cole was dropped after Round 12 and only found his way back into the side in Round 17 on the back of some excellent WAFL form and a Duggan injury. He’s not been gifted anything, really.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair chance Ryan gets a rest and Waterman gets that spot.

How is Jetta going? I see Watson debuting as soon as Jetta needs a week off, not a silly thing to do this time of year. Especially in Alice Springs. Dees with a smaller forwars line too.

If one of Yeo or Redden is sore thats MAllen debut.
If they were going to rest Ryan, I imagine he wouldn't have been named.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Fair chance Ryan gets a rest and Waterman gets that spot.

How is Jetta going? I see Watson debuting as soon as Jetta needs a week off, not a silly thing to do this time of year. Especially in Alice Springs. Dees with a smaller forwars line too.

If one of Yeo or Redden is sore thats MAllen debut.
I recon all our indigenous boys will be out there on Sunday.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
I recon all our indigenous boys will be out there on Sunday.
Be like rockstars with all the indigenous girls in the crowd with their traditional iphones taking pics it struck me when I watched a Darwin game how technology is everywhere and everyone has their face lookin at a screen now.

it struck me when I watched a Darwin game how technology is everywhere and everyone has their face lookin at a screen now
Yep. Just being overseas recently, that really stood out. Regardless of race or religion there was a phone in someone’s face every where I looked.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Wouldn't mind seeing Watson debut or even Schoey come in but gee it better be for Cole and not Nelson. Cole may have been good in the WAFL when he played those two games but he's been bog average in the league side this year and Nelson has been decent. Cole is getting games due to that premiership medallion. Needs to hit the stack hard this summer and have a serious off season

Agree 100%. Cole from the games i watched in the WAFL has been good but in the AFL he seems to coast along while Nelson has a good crack and has a better balance of negating and taking the game on.

Watson for Cole wont hurt us so i would be willing to give him a game or two till Duggan returns.

For me i hope the changes are:

Bench: Sheed Nelson Watson Petruccelle

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Bailey Williams really ready to debut against a combination of Gawn and Preuss in an away game?

This potentially sounds like the Brander situation all over again

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Bailey Williams really ready to debut against a combination of Gawn and Preuss in an away game?

its either him or a shorter and much lighter Oscar Allen getting manhandled whenever he goes up against them...at least Williams has his leap as a weapon to disrupt them a bit. Generally don't mind Oscar as the 2nd ruck but against these two we may as well just play an extra mid

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

No. I think everyone is reading into it too much. I think he's named as an emergency for that reason exactly- in case of emergency.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We have six games to find a right balance for our ruck division and tall. We have Oscar, TH, Vardy, Williams, and Brooksby to juggle with. Plenty of time. X factor Williams could be a gem, we don't know yet but let's see. On a side note, NN has twice done a serious injury playing Pies. Apart from GF, NN should be managed against Pies. LOL.

I think Crippa is so important to us coming finals time, hopefully we can win 3-4 before he comes back. Lets not forget Rioli is out of form as well JK ( JK will kick 7 this week, just to shut every one up). One could argue, our front line is more potent and balanced with x factors this year compaed to last year.How do you manage speed of Ryan, petch, cameron and Darling( he is fast for his size) plus JK?? Back line has been solid like last year.will get better with Duggan. Great problems to have at this stage of the tournament. Poor GWS just lost Coniglio on top of Kelly and ward at the start of the year. Imagine their forum right now?? We won a flag in 06 with midfield dominance, we won a flag last year with everything other than midfield dominance. This year will be different, but we have few gears and game plans and strategies to go to. should be a good game against melbourne.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Just been to the oppo board and expecting 3 changes:

In: Falls, Hotham, Bulla
Out: Sherrin, Lin a'Ment, IC Baths

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
I was thinking Nelson gets released from defense to tag Oliver or Viney. We tagged Viney in the prelim. You campaigners know what happened next.
Yeah good call. With Hutch injured, I'm surprised they haven't moved Nelson into that tagging role. Has done it before.

Back