Preview Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dahlhaus is out it would explain the selection of Honeychurch.

We all knew Boyd was on the cards but glad Bev actually pulled the trigger. It's sad but he should never have played on. At least he gets is premiership medal but no 300 barring a miracle.

I would say Dahl, Libba and Dale will make the cut. They may pick Campbell to go tandem in the ruck with Boyd to stay forward. Otherwise Webb.

8 changes from a seven man interchange bench. That's interesting. My post was in relation to Libba being a "certainty". He is one of seven players named on the extended interchange bench, and there are three of those seven who won't play (provided no other late, unexpected changes).

I think with Roberts this week it's a match up thing. If Hogan played, he stays in.
Agree, with the exception of Weideman (if he plays) and Pederson (when he rests forward) their forward is full of small to medium forwards. That being said we shouldn't undersell it as players like Petracca, Watts, Garlett and Hannan are all quite dangerous.

Agree, with the exception of Weideman (if he plays) and Pederson (when he rests forward) their forward is full of small to medium forwards. That being said we shouldn't undersell it as players like Petracca, Watts, Garlett and Hannan are all quite dangerous.
Yes, they are but Roberts is not the type of opponent you want want to play on Garlett or Hannan lol.

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think this is our best team for the year.....

Take out Suckling for Murphy and that is the Premiers 2017

Stringer Boyd Dalh

Dickson Cordy McLean

Hunter Wallis Macrae

Biggs Wood Williams

JJ Morris Suckling

Foll: Roughead Libba Bonti

Picken
Jong
Daniel
Dale

We should win given we have picked 5 extra players

Loving that people don't know how an extended bench crosses over with the VFL line-up. Shows how much prime time fixturing we've had.

That's one game, what about the others?
I was agreeing with someone regarding his Saints game. Besides, based on form his last two weeks have provided a 2nd best on ground and an average performance. Certainly was not in the frame to be dropped this week with about 10 others ahead of him in that department.

I was agreeing with someone regarding his Saints game. Besides, based on form his last two weeks have provided a 2nd best on ground and an average performance. Certainly was not in the frame to be dropped this week with about 10 others ahead of him in that department.
To be honest, I think about half the side could've been dropped after that Sydney debacle let's be honest!

To be honest, I think about half the side could've been dropped after that Sydney debacle let's be honest!
If you go back and read the game day thread you'll find that about half the side was earmarked to be dropped ... and never play again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a moment last week where Fletcher was deep against Buddy and read the kick into the forward line better than Buddy. He had almost 2 meters on Buddy.
Fletch could have easily marked it - but had no faith in himself and punched the ball into the path of 2 swans who casually slotted a goal.

It was at a stage of the game where we were still holding on.

I thought then - you gotta be better than that - he needs to believe in himself.

I've had similar thoughts myself. Fletch has been pretty reliable but he does seem to play too safe at times, which I suspect goes against Bev's take-the-game-on approach. A lot of spoils he could mark, a lot of ushering the ball over the boundary line under minimal pressure. He's usually a pretty good user of the ball too - just needs to back himself to take it on a bit more.

Looking forward to Melbourne's sniper squad of Lewis and Viney going after JJ before the game.. and Libba dropping the both of them.

Can't for the life of me understand the love for Webb from some fans in this thread. He's shown bugger all at Afl level during all his chances.
Not writing him of coming good eventually but he's that far off at the moment.

A question for the Webb fans... Is it that you're just a fan of him as a player or do you honestly think we are a better side with him in it ? And if it's the latter, could you give an explanation because it confuses me a little.

A question for the Webb fans... Is it that you're just a fan of him as a player or do you honestly think we are a better side with him in it ? And if it's the latter, could you give an explanation because it confuses me a little.

He's a good kick, field and goal, in a team full of blokes with two bung feet.

Can't for the life of me understand the love for Webb from some fans in this thread. He's shown bugger all at Afl level during all his chances.
Not writing him of coming good eventually but he's that far off at the moment.
Agree. He's promised a lot but never really put his stamp on an AFL level game. Shows a bit at VFL level but hasn't made the transition yet.
I think the clock is ticking for him.

It's going to be interesting to see who makes the final cut. Surprised they dropped Roberts and Matthew Boyd. I know that Boyd's form hasn't been great but I don't think it has been as bad as some believe, and I would still select him ahead of Williams. Dropping Roberts means that Cordy will likely have to play down back, and Campbell is a genuine chance to make the cut, especially if there is any concern about Tom Boyd's back.

I know that selected positions are generally meaningless, but I hope there is some truth to Jong being selected in the forward line. I would have dropped him this week but if he is going to play I prefer him to play up forward rather than midfield. Who knows he might even learn how to take shots on goal instead of handballing sideways to unsuspecting team mates. My fingers are crossed.

Last edited:

We need to see more of him. The quicker he can get to 50 games the more we will know about his future. He's not in our best team but he has shown some potential to grow into a decent player. As you say, he hasn't done it consistently but not any 20 gamers have.

Would love to see him in for 5 games in a row with a familiar role. Not just plonking him at half forward for the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back