Analysis Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm guessing the Hickey thing is a tactic. Won't be surprised to see him named tonight. Not sure why they'd send our current #1 ruckman to the B's after missing only 2 weeks. From all reports it was a mild hamstring stain and he played out the game, so he'll be ready to go.

Unless MC are thinking Vardy offers more around the ground. Gawn's not at his best at the moment.

Last edited:
Why would Smith and Masten both be emergencies? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

If Masten has been dropped in the same way Sheed was last year where he can get a reprieve at the last minute if there is an injury then why is Smith an emergency? Just to fill spots because it doesn't matter so much if he doesn't get any game time?

On the other hand if Masten has to play twos, why name him as an emergency at all when Smith is there as cover?

I'm probably thinking about it too much especially given teams haven't even come out yet. It has felt like a long wait for tomorrow night.
Smith listed as an out of WAFL side due to general soreness

I'm guessing the Hickey thing is a tactic. Won't be surprised to see him named tonight. Not sure why they'd send our current #1 ruckman to the B's after missing only 2 weeks. From all reports it was a mild hamstring stain and he played out the game, so he'll be ready to go.

Unless MC are thinking Vardy offers more around the ground. Gawn's not at his best at the moment.

Let's hope they're not thinking that because we'd have to question what they're watching if they are.

Hickey's one game as sole ruck: 25d, 7m, 5t
Vardy's two games combined as sole ruck: 13d, 3m, 7t

They could be thinking that the midfield as a whole seems to have operated OK the last two weeks with Vardy in there but I really hope Hickey is back in.

Vardy is stronger around the contest , Hickey is a better tap ruckman and around the ground .
Vardy was okay last week plus we have won the last two games so maybe they won't change the setup .

Having a guess at this arvo’s announcement

In: Hickey, Rioli
Out: Allen, Waterman

B: Sheppard, Schofield, Hurn
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Grampa Jetta
C: Gaff, Shuey, Hutchings
HF: Venables, Darling, Redden
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Cripps
R: Vardy, Yeo, Sheed
I: Cole, Hickey, Petruccelle, Rioli
E: Allen, Waterman, Masten, Brander

Allen to sit out on standby. Other three emergencies to play WAFL tonight. Club to play silly buggers with Hickey and chuck him in the AFL side after naming him in the ressies.

Sooooo. Which page is the WAFL lineup on?
B: Fisher, Edwards, Riach
HB: Rotham, Mutimer, Acres,
C: Nelson, Ah Chee, Allen
HF: Robilliard, Williams, Foley
F: Reid, McInnes, Cameron
R: Brooksby, O’Neill, Ainsworth
I: Ashman, Coe, Curnow, Grey, Hickey, Hug, Kalajzic

In: Mutimer, Cameron, Coe, Grey, Hickey, Kalajzic
Out: Brayshaw (turf toe), Smith, Brander (probably WCE)

Hickey being named is a surprise. Presumably Smith, Brander, Masten and Rioli have been added to the AFL squad.

Smith out with soreness, not in the AFL side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been fun, Fivey.

Vale.

Yep, just need hungrytiger to confirm he was wrong to say my posting has a racist agenda (or alternatively back up that claim, but good luck with that) and I’ll shuffle off outta here.

Got to get in now before Simmo just announces the squad in like fifteen seconds time.

In: Rioli
Out: Waterman

Hate hate hate going Vardy/Allen vs Gawn. Don’t get cute Simmo.

Reckon they bring Preuss across as well. A lump of a man. Vardy, this is your Giles v Adelaide moment, do not play Gawn into form.

I'm just going swimmingly at the moment.

The thought of bringing in our best ruckman of the season, two weeks removed from a “light” hamstring strain, against the best ruckman in the comp was not a novel one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back