Analysis Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Nelson's first time in the Emergencies this year anyone? Waterman to play tonight you'd imagine. Needs game time. Keeping Hickey as the Emergency would be risky if we lose a small.

He was an emergency the first three weeks, including being held out of the WAFL (scratch match) in round 2.

surfstitch

Senior List
Nov 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe a chance to come into the WAFL side? He and Brander are in neither team as it stands.
But neither Smith and Brander who both played last week at WAFL are listed as "outs" in the WAFL team even though they're not listed. Will they come in with Hickey and Masten to play tonight? Waterman as emergency?

Find out soon?

Loving the balance of this team now. A late change Hickey in for Allen would be betterer.

But really now to get us best 22 is Nic Nat in for Allen and Barrass for Schofield.

Not sure whether Vardy/NicNat or Hickey/NicNat is our best ruck combo. Based on their years to date and the suggestion that Naita will be playing mostly forward, I think Hickey would be the better partner.

Mind you I thought we should play both this week, or at the very least Hickey if he’s fit, so what do I know?

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
Not sure whether Vardy/NicNat or Hickey/NicNat is our best ruck combo. Based on their years to date and the suggestion that Naita will be playing mostly forward, I think Hickey would be the better partner.

Mind you I thought we should play both this week, or at the very least Hickey if he’s fit, so what do I know?

I actually think Vardy/NicNat/Hickey would be our best ruck combo.

But what would I know, I went to the John Worsfold School of Team Selection.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems it’s Waterman out now judging by the AFL website. Or unless I’m reading that wrong.

Perhaps Schofield is in better shape than we think. Or maybe he’s not and waterman is a late in for Schofield and Allen goes back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really not happy about Vardy still in the side, and even worse, on his own :rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight:

Our worst player in 2019, horribly out of form, not to mention undersized, going up against the best ruckman in the competition?

Especially considering this is EXACTLY the sort of situation we recruited Hickey for in the first place. He can hold his own rucking solo against Gawn, he has before. Add in the fact he was our best player the last time he played, and his omission from the team is all the more baffling.

Really hoping for a late in from Hickey.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I expect JD and gov to ruck a lot more this week. Pruess throws his weight around against the bigger ruckmen and Oscar will struggle against him.

I mentioned Masten to be retired before the mid season draft in the trades thread and was shot down..Wouldnt that be something?

Irrelevant to this thread as always, but also they’ve played him in seven of the eight games thus far. You don’t delist that. If someone gets injured there’s every chance they view Masten as the next cab off the rank.

Give it a rest, far out.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Simmo rates Masten highly, i doubt he will get delisted or retire.

I suspect they want Masto to find a bit more pill in the 2's while playing a similar role.

Masto is statistically down from last year (most of them slightly) but his disposals have drastically dropped off. While Disposals aren't everything, it's still somewhat important for a midfield/wingmen.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Yeooow Little Willie Styles...

Its Venners Break out game on that change.
4.20 for Venners to get 20 posis i like it. Im on him for 25 plus too.
Rioli will be on limited minutes and probably a lot fwd.
Waterman and Masten not there he should get a heap more of the pill..

Do you enjoy throwing your money away?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back