Analysis Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
My concern isn't with the relative value of his contribution. The minutes he doesn't play have to be covered by other players. If we have an early injury then suddenly we have a lot of bench minutes for Willie + injured player that have to be covered by others.

Most sides have someone coming back from injury.

Look at the new faces selected by the Dees.

Sure you dont want to play 2 or more players coming back in underdone in the same game.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Can someone fill me in on the Masten gossip?

Edit: injured hamstring
Can clarify that Masten has two injury concerns

1. Leather poisoning to the right foot, starting to spread to the metatarsals

2. Torn bicep from making and breaking too many tackle to the severe case where rotatorcuff muscles are starting to suffer with possible tears to the supraspinatus and infraspinatus

Club thought it wise to rest our secret weapon since we are only playing the Dees and they don't know how to score goals in the first half

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm lost. Is there a keep Miguel Sanchez get rid of hungrytiger option I can vote for?

Anyway I expect we will go with two rucks against Gawn (and Preuss if he's in but they will do 80/20 not 50/50). Gawn had more hitouts than Lycett and Vardy combined in the prelim and will have more than Hickey and Vardy combined this time around. Hitouts are meaningless. When they toss the ball up 70 or 80 times a game someone tall is bound to touch it. Just need to quell the hitouts to advantage and get the clearances and inside 50s going our way. Clearances were 40-32 in the prelim and inside 50s 52-53. We coasted after half time, I reckon each of those stats at the long break would've been +15 our way.
beat me to it!!!

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
My concern isn't with the relative value of his contribution. The minutes he doesn't play have to be covered by other players. If we have an early injury then suddenly we have a lot of bench minutes for Willie + injured player that have to be covered by others.
You can't select a team expecting injuries though. Willie has to come back at some point.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The minute hungrytiger withdraws his racism claim against me, I’m gone.

It’s extraordinarily offensive to me, he threw it out there with zero basis and if he doesn’t withdraw it he can get ******.

Of course, we all know he’s pathologically incapable of admitting he’s ever been wrong about anything. So it could be a while.
Now I have the moron on Ignore it is so much more fun wathing your responses lol

Do we fold the club if Willie struggles in his first game back? Y/N

Seems a bit narrow minded; let's just fold the club before he plays to make sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outlaws

Rookie
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Would rather keep Waterman for his defensive pressure then Venable. Waterman kick to handball ratio is much better and sure to get more than 10 possessions.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Do we fold the club if Willie struggles in his first game back? Y/N
I'm with you, literally that keen to see Willie. Obviously not expecting the midfield minutes straight away like last season, but we have missed his crumbing and goal sense so much.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I will wait for the team to be announced and the weather but reckon we aint winning this Melbourne are a fast team

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly who in that Melbourne side is quick? Hunt?

It's Melbourne's biggest weakness. They have the big bodied inside mids covered but pace on the outside they lack badly.

As opposed to Ryan, Cripps, Venners, Petruccelle, Jetta, Cole, Shuey and Yeo none of whom are slow.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

It's Melbourne's biggest weakness. They have the big bodied inside mids covered but pace on the outside they lack badly.

As opposed to Ryan, Cripps, Venners, Petruccelle, Jetta, Cole, Shuey and Yeo none of whom are slow.
Cole isa probably the slowest in the side I've been informed.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Looking at the ruck situation; hickey is in great form.But he is going up against a ruckman in Gawn who is a similar type of player but "best of breed".theres something to be said for opposing Gawn with Vardy.[A] Vardy brings a physicality which Gawn can be uncomfortable with and the midfield will play much more defensively as they wont expect to win a lot of taps.Dont overlook Vardys impact around the contest.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at the ruck situation; hickey is in great form.But he is going up against a ruckman in Gawn who is a similar type of player but "best of breed".theres something to be said for opposing Gawn with Vardy.[A] Vardy brings a physicality which Gawn can be uncomfortable with and the midfield will play much more defensively as they wont expect to win a lot of taps.Dont overlook Vardys impact around the contest.

It's clear that WC think they can beat Melbourne with speed. No point trying to beat Gawn, just concede the tap and go head to head in the guts.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Frost is super quick but yeah not much else. Stretch maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back