• Shepherds

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Sailors

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • WTF?

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren't we complaining that guys were being mishandled by missing SANFL because of being travelling emergency? Now you complain when we put senior players into that role so young players can play SANFL?

Geez is this a serious reply. Knight has been rubbish for weeks but you for one are ok for him to be ommitted and then get another game only to serve up the same rubbish.

Did you every think some kid named Ned McHenry deserved a shot rather than a continued non performer....I guess not.

Oh of course - you had Tex omitted didn’t you. How did that work out?

Look, neither had their best night, I’ve not disputed that at any point.

But if you think they take all the blame, and that it wasn’t the midfield that sh...t the bed, then I don’t know what to tell you
I had Tex omitted (along with plenty of others too!) as it was truly impotent performance & Pyke has shown this year he is not afraid to make players accountable for poor performances.

It's really not a hard concept to set acceptable standards. How dare I attack Tex for a poor performance, yet you neglect to attack me for dropping 4 others including 3 who were actually omitted for being poor.

No one answer, doesn’t deserve to know because I’m sure he’ll post some piss poor review of then game given the lack of football knowledge.
Lol u r a t__l . Cause I don’t rate Gallucci you think I have lack of football knowledge. Buddy my football knowledge would b__ you over backwards. Go read the AFC facebook post after games and after Thursday selection and you may see 90 percent of people say the same .

Lol just laugh at people who pump Gooch up on here . Aside from his 4 goals against Carlton what has he ever done that stands out . 1 goal in last 5 games from a small half forward and doesn’t do anything well.
Mate hes played 22 games. Is barely off his training wheels and has been trying to find good form due to a non-existent preseason.

I wouldnt be against sending him back to SANFL to work on his game but I think you need to take a chill pill.

He performed well, but I still cannot believe we are playing Milera forward.
Feel it's a short term thing. I agree he needs to play half back/wing/mid with his disposal but because our forward line lacks a cameron type now they might be thinking he could be a short term replacement until mcadam and stengle are up to speed. We definitely need some spark and speed up there. I think with gibbs likely playing half back and Seedsman and Atkins on the wings Milera is left with mid and forward.

Last edited:
They dropped him last year, he improved when he came back. I don;t think his efforts have been as weak this year (though there's been a couple of shockers), but he's gone missing more than in the past.

My conspiracy is that he and Dmac get a lot of leeway because of the kms they cover. I think it’s a fairly rigid philosophy on what those positions need to do. Going without that run scares them so it takes a fair bit of bad football to go in without either or both. Dmac has been better this year, but we’d get equally as much in positive output from nearly anyone on the list playing that role and game time, but we wouldn’t get the raw km coverage.

What really is astonishing is how a player is OMITTED (cause he's been garbage for weeks) then is placed on the emergency list and as we saw last week replaced a player that pulled out.........is OMITTED for a second week after another putrid performance and for some unknown reason finds himself on the emergency list again.

The AFC have lost the plot, seriously lost direction, leadership and sound decisions........is it any wonder players leave this club.

We have incompetence at all levels.

We do return to experience when the heat is turned up. Even if the experience is out of form. If Tex went down this week, Otto’s selection would not surprise. It’s how we roll, it’s how we’ve rolled for years.

He performed well, but I still cannot believe we are playing Milera forward.
I can, you see him as a junior and he has all the attributes. Quick off the mark, very good overhead and a very good kick. Also has a very large tank to play a Tom Lynch type game.

I'd have him as a mid forward going into the future.

Still no response on the “doesn’t do anything in big moments” rubbish.

What your actually hanging on to desperately is the fact Tex has had 1 poor game in about 5 weeks.

The midfield lost us that game - it’s pretty cut and dried. That they got us 33 up without contributions from the key forwards makes them no less culpable.
Where was he when the ball was consistently flying into our 50 ?? That's right, he watched Will Schofield get the ball.

He has had good games this year sure, but to say he's performed well statistically is something I thought you were beyond.

I had Tex omitted (along with plenty of others too!) as it was truly impotent performance & Pyke has shown this year he is not afraid to make players accountable for poor performances.

It's really not a hard concept to set acceptable standards. How dare I attack Tex for a poor performance, yet you neglect to attack me for dropping 4 others including 3 who were actually omitted for being poor.
Pete is having an off week clearly, he's not normally this argumentative and, well, wrong.

Lol u r a t__l . Cause I don’t rate Gallucci you think I have lack of football knowledge. Buddy my football knowledge would b__ you over backwards. Go read the AFC facebook post after games and after Thursday selection and you may see 90 percent of people say the same .
Yeah because the AFC Facebook page is where the geniuses go to hang out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where was he when the ball was consistently flying into our 50 ?? That's right, he watched Will Schofield get the ball.

He has had good games this year sure, but to say he's performed well statistically is something I thought you were beyond.
Schofield has 5 disposals, how many of them was through switching the play and even if they weren’t he only had 1 mark.
At least Tex had 12 disposals and 2 marks.
It wasn’t Schofield that beat Tex.

Schofield has 5 disposals, how many of them was through switching the play and even if they weren’t he only had 1 mark.
At least Tex had 12 disposals and 2 marks.
It wasn’t Schofield that beat Tex.
It wasn't JUST Schofield correct. Big Ezy being gassed didn't help at all, and I will absolutely concede some of the ball coming in was very ordinary. But we needed our leaders to stand up, and only number 9 did.

Look, I expect the big fella to bounce back against the Dees tonight. Pete's argument that he's been very good in the last 2 months is just plain funny.

When you look at last weeks stats we were beaten by their midfield and an efficient forward line. Their midfield dominated us when the game was on the line. Kennedy 3.0 from 8 disposals. Cripps 3.0 from 12 disposals. Darling 3.0 from 16. Not one bloody miss from their 3 leading goal scorers.

Milera 3.0 from 16, Betts 2.1 from 17. The rest were ineffectual. I love Tex but not one scoring shot from 12 possessions is poor and if our game plan involves using him as a defensive decoy we are idiots. Get him closer to goal for * sake.

Pete is having an off week clearly, he's not normally this argumentative and, well, wrong.
No, actually I’m not.

You’re saying he should be dropped because he’s out of form. Quite simply he’s not. He’s had 1 bad game and you want him out of the side on that basis which is frankly ludicrous.

And actually you have become as silly as Grotto. Let’s have a close look at your arguments.

Yours: Tex is out of form should be dropped
Mine: CD rank him the 5th best forward R5-10.
Yours: oh but that’s against ordinary opposition.
Mine: mostly top 8 or near top 8 sides and near top 4 sides
Yours: oh but he doesn’t stand up at important times
Mine: 3 example of kicking goals at important times.

I think what’s been so frustrating this week is, normally logical, posters such as yourself have been illogical and irrational in trying to bag and get rid of a player who has, other than last week, performed really well.

I find it completely illogical that you want to bag him for last week for not hitting the scoreboard, not taking marks etc. = accumulation of statistical measures which evidence impact on the game.

Yet when his statistics do evidence impact on the game you turn your argument to statistics don’t matter. Do you know how ridiculous, illogical and poorly constructed that argument is.

This is why I’m only left with a conclusion that you’re nothing but another hater.

When you look at last weeks stats we were beaten by their midfield and an efficient forward line. Their midfield dominated us when the game was on the line. Kennedy 3.0 from 8 disposals. Cripps 3.0 from 12 disposals. Darling 3.0 from 16. Not one bloody miss from their 3 leading goal scorers.

Milera 3.0 from 16, Betts 2.1 from 17. The rest were ineffectual. I love Tex but not one scoring shot from 12 possessions is poor and if our game plan involves using him as a defensive decoy we are idiots. Get him closer to goal for **** sake.

This is the confusing part which is why I don't believe what Betts said, EH isn't a goal kicker we all know that they dropped JJ, Lynch was out, realistically tex is the only big target that can kick bags, apart from Betts who relies on the big guys anyway

Hit a nerve?

It’s really easy ...I got selection wrong. It’s fine, we all get it wrong most of the time

Hit a nerve?

It’s really easy ...I got selection wrong. It’s fine, we all get it wrong most of the time

Isn't there a difference between getting it wrong and disagreeing with what happens?

I don't think it's trying to predict selection as much as stating what you're hoping for is it?

Hit a nerve?

Kane will just say that is what he would have done, which is the part which comes up every time

Changes Thread

Is it what you would choose
Or are you predicting what the coach will pick

The thread is totally mixed up with both

Isn't there a difference between getting it wrong and disagreeing with what happens?

I don't think it's trying to predict selection as much as stating what you're hoping for is it?
Of course - and everyone is entitled to post what they want.

Equally when it’s so illogical and wrong, it’s reasonable to call it out for what it was.

You of all people know that

Of course - and everyone is entitled to post what they want.

Equally when it’s so illogical and wrong, it’s reasonable to call it out for what it was.

You of all people know that

Ok just thought you were saying 'oh you predicted wrong'

if I misunderstood then fair enough

Back