Walker out for Fogarty
Atkins out for Mackay
Knights out for Crouch
Murphy out for Stengle

Brown,........Talia,..............Kelly
Laird,..........Keath,............Smith
Milera,........Sloane,...........Seedsman
Jones.........Fogarty,............Betts
Stengle,.....Greenwood,.......Jenkins....
Sauce, Crouch, Crouch
CEY,Gallucci,HartiganMackay

I'd be more satisfied if the team completely gives up on the season and starts to focus on the future. Dropped too many winnable games this season. Problem is they won't give in to their stubbornness so I expect Walker to play out the season. It sucks!

We dominated that game yesterday esp in the first half and once again we were our own worst enemies. You cannot let one bad call distract you and you just need to move on from it. At 3 quarter time we were no chance against a team we've never won a close game (by under a kick) against. West Coast always have a huge advantage at Adelaide Oval and if you give them any chance you are gone for sure.

Difficult to suggest selections / changes
We don’t have an update on
MCrouch
Lynch
Sloane ( injured shoulder in game )
Mackay ( assumes recovers from virus )

Himmelberg certainly needs a rest ( temporary)
I am still wanting Greenwood up in the forward line
Even Keith but not Jenkins at this time
I’m at a loss as to how we get FOG in

One definite in is Knarling Ned. He has to play
Stengle needs some games

I don’t want Gibbs in.

BIG CHANGES
E.H. out for Jenkins
Obrien out for Sauce
Walker out for Fogarty
Atkins out for Mackay
Knights out for Crouch
Murphy out for Stengle

Brown,........Talia,..............Kelly
Laird,..........Keath,............Smith
Milera,........Sloane,...........Seedsman
Jones.........Fogarty,............Betts
Stengle,.....Greenwood,.......Jenkins....
Sauce, Crouch, Crouch
CEY,Gallucci,HartiganMackay

McHenry in for Jones too. Chayce just looks miles off it unfortunately.

Regardless of changes we will get pumped by Melbourne and they're in worse form than us.
We have the players but we aren't playing for each other and we have zero confidence.
Something miraculously needs to change if this season holds anything of any note.
At this stage we need to play for the best position on the ladder possible because we clearly cannot contend.
Another season wasted.

Fwiw I think it'll be Crouch for Knight. The selectors have no imagination nor willing to promote youth.

Regardless of changes we will get pumped by Melbourne and they're in worse form than us.
We have the players but we aren't playing for each other and we have zero confidence.
Something miraculously needs to change if this season holds anything of any note.
At this stage we need to play for the best position on the ladder possible because we clearly cannot contend.
Another season wasted.

Fwiw I think it'll be Crouch for Knight. The selectors have no imagination nor willing to promote youth.
What? We've been playing Gallucci, Jones and Himmelberg.......most are saying all should be dropped after the West Coast game. You can't expect to play 5-6 youngster in the same team, i.e. include McHenry, Fogarty, Sholl, Stengle all in the same team with Gallucci, Jones and Himmelberg.

Last edited:
What? We've been giving games to Gallucci, Jones and Himmelberg.......most are saying all should have been dropped after the West Coast game. You can't expect to play 5-6 youngster in the same team.
We continually reward players who underperform yet keep players like McHenry, Stengle, Fogarty to a lesser degree, Davis who are all playing well in the 2s and inexplicay promote Seedsman who was underdone, Knight who was trash in the SANFL, Atkins, Walker, Hartigan who don't deserve their spot. Gibbs gets dropped and made a scapegoat for what? Our selection inconsistencies are beyond comprehension.

If the team selection against Melb was today then I believe Pyke would make 5 changes,
But as the week gets longer I reckon the ammount of change will be down to who fit,
Fitness wise we are looking at M Crouch, Lynch, MacKay, all possibles,
Others JJ, Gibbs, Fogarty Stengle should be in the conversation McHenry a hard one as he has not play a game for a while.
Now the players that should be in the conversation
Himmelberg, the already enough people giving a reason for this.
Walker, it time to look at Fogarty. Walker looks lost. or trying to hard.
Atkins, not damaging enough nor impacting or setting others up to impact the scoreboard.
Knight, did not do enough to secure his place and last man in.
Jones, 50/50 but if replace would like to another Kid get a run.
Gallucci, did he do enough 50/50.
Seedsman should be OK.

We continually reward players who underperform yet keep players like McHenry, Stengle, Fogarty to a lesser degree, Davis who are all playing well in the 2s and inexplicay promote Seedsman who was underdone, Knight who was trash in the SANFL, Atkins, Walker, Hartigan who don't deserve their spot. Gibbs gets dropped and made a scapegoat for what? Our selection inconsistencies are beyond comprehension.

Hartigan has been perfectly fine lately. We might be able to get away with a more attacking type but whilst they remain keen on the 3 tall defender structure, his place is 100% secured. Nobody from underneath is remotely in his ballpark.

Didn't you hear why Gibbs was dropped again, he hasn't been playing his role. I thought Seedsman had a good game and Stengle plays the position of Betts....probably would have played McHenry for MacKay but that means a lot of youngster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartigan has been perfectly fine lately. We might be able to get away with a more attacking type but whilst they remain keen on the 3 tall defender structure, his place is 100% secured. Nobody from underneath is remotely in his ballpark.
I agree he has had patches of decent gameplay but he's not AFL standard and he can't be trusted. It's either him or Talia now Keath is playing great. I'd take Otten over Hartigan. At least he provides leadership on the ground and doesn't butcher the ball.

I agree he has had patches of decent gameplay but he's not AFL standard and he can't be trusted. It's either him or Talia now Keath is playing great. I'd take Otten over Hartigan. At least he provides leadership on the ground and doesn't butcher the ball.

Otten is done, forget Otten, his body isn’t up to the level any more. He’s miles behind Hartigan, or at least he should be.

Didn't you hear why Gibbs was dropped again, he hasn't been playing his role. I thought Seedsman had a good game and Stengle plays the position of Betts....probably would have played McHenry for MacKay but that means a lot of youngster.
I heard the two way running spin from Pyke but why is Gibbs who kicked 2 goals from 22 disposals and 5 tackles or whatever it was why does he get dropped when Atkins has been just as insipid defensively, Mackay who cant tackle a fat kid eating cake still keep their spots. I just want consistency and we never get it

He's another late pick battler. We have no shortage of them, and we have a lot of first round picks in the SANFL.

And neither are in competition with one another, unless you want Fogarty thrown to the meat grinder as a ruck?

People suggesting 5, 6, 7 changes to a team that lost by 2 goals to a mob that will contend again this year will be disappointed. Yes, there are things that need to be fixed and most likely won't be. The major one is dropping Walker--2 years late--and restructuring our forward line. I'd bring in Fog for Tex, but won't hold my breath on that one.

I heard the two way running spin from Pyke but why is Gibbs who kicked 2 goals from 22 disposals and 5 tackles or whatever it was why does he get dropped when Atkins has been just as insipid defensively, Mackay who cant tackle a fat kid eating cake still keep their spots. I just want consistency and we never get it
I got the feeling Gibbs in the first half was playing to get the ball and then Pyke wanted him to play his role, he sook and had a very bad 2nd half so he got dropped.

People suggesting 5, 6, 7 changes to a team that lost by 2 goals to a mob that will contend again this year will be disappointed. Yes, there are things that need to be fixed and most likely won't be. The major one is dropping Walker--2 years late--and restructuring our forward line. I'd bring in Fog for Tex, but won't hold my breath on that one.
Id do that but lets be honest fogs form has been crap so it may not improve the team

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back