Preview Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett back for ANB if fit.

Wish we knew more about where some guys like Bedford, Baker and Jordon were at. Amy of those three, or even Rivers playing a midfield role, would be more inspiring than Jones and Harmes right now.

Agree Harmes was slightly better but still made some basic mistakes and would be doppable if the 2's were playing.

Jones isn't adding much, but then you see him chicken wing a dude in a tackle and nearly break it and I kind of want him to stay.

Bennel could be managed again as well, although I liked his game and liked that he stayed outside the contest. ANB will be out. Please no Tmac in the forward line unless Weid or Jackson are injured.

I'd be interested in dropping Salem for Rivers. He just looked panicked too often and made no less huge f*ck ups than rivers when he was in the side.

OUT

Brayshaw/Jones / ANB

IN
kozzie/ 2 other guys (Wagners?)

It's astounding that it has not occurred to the coaches that maybe we could play Tmac into form by doing something drastic like playing him in the backline where he spent most of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Kozzy, Tmac (to play at CHB), Jetta, Hannan
Out: ANB (suspended or dropped take your pick), Jones, Harmes, Sparrow (very stiff but simply don't need another inside mid playing)
Preuss for Gawn if he needs a rest

Solid performance, As average as we were for 3 quarters I thought Adelaide competed well but was good to see we could outlast them. North will be no easy beats, hopefully we show up this time off a 4 day break.

Some unusual suggestions here.

Dunno if Kangas is the game to be resting Gawn given we'd be up against Goldstein.

Brayshaw was very solid in the guts last quarter. Harmes was serviceable. Sparrow hasn't done anything wrong at the moment.

TMac ain't getting a game in defence over Tomlinson - or even OMac.

Only person I could point at and definitively drop would be Neal-Bullen, who may be suspended anyway knowing the afl tribunal.

If results go 'by the odds' between now and Sunday, and we beat North, we'll be 9th.

In the run home we still have to play GWS, WB, Essendon and Collingwood, who are the other teams hovering around 7th - 10th. A lot of '8 point games' on the run home.

One week and a time and all that, but yeah.

Out - ANB, Gawn
In - TMac, Preuss

TMac has to play CHB for gods sake. What we went with in our backline last night is a joke. You put up a backline like that against a good side and Lever gets 6 kicked on him. We got away with it, that’s all. Gawn needs a rest.

Lever May Hibberd
Salem TMac Harmes
Langdon Oliver Tomlinson
Melksham Weidemann Brayshaw
Fritsch Jackson AVB

Same bench

Just play TMac at CHB for crying out loud. It’s ridiculously stubborn for Goodwin to continue saying he will never go back, dumb in fact. Dumb when we don’t have a KPD unless Tomlinson goes down there. Lever is horrific in a one on one.

If results go 'by the odds' between now and Sunday, and we beat North, we'll be 9th.

In the run home we still have to play GWS, WB, Essendon and Collingwood, who are the other teams hovering around 7th - 10th. A lot of '8 point games' on the run home.

Let’s just get over North first. Absolutely season defining. They will be much much harder than Adelaide. Will know more after we play them.

So, premiers?

ANB out for his tackle or being ordinary; Harmes could use a spell; Langdon has butchered it the past couple of games but his run is handy and probably not in the frame for dropping (yet).
Gawn might need a spell or play more up forward and have Jackson do more rucking. Harley was very quiet too but his goal was superb and I doubt anyone else on our list would do that so easily.
VdB was pretty sloppy, Jones didn't do a lot but no howlers from what I saw.
Oscar might come in for Tomlinson to push into a wing.

Summary:
Out: ANB, Harmes
In: Pickett, Baker/Bedford

In: Kozzy, Tmac (to play at CHB), Jetta, Hannan
Out: ANB (suspended or dropped take your pick), Jones, Harmes, Sparrow (very stiff but simply don't need another inside mid playing)
Preuss for Gawn if he needs a rest

Solid performance, As average as we were for 3 quarters I thought Adelaide competed well but was good to see we could outlast them. North will be no easy beats, hopefully we show up this time off a 4 day break.
Yes. TMac must play at CHB. Lever is a joke down there.

Gawn was getting targeted a bit, might be a good time to rest him.

If Preuss is fit I reckon play him and just have him be physical against Goldstein and direct the mids not to expect to win the tap. Might be good for some learnings.

Alternatively Tmac could run with him and try and tag him. Might keep up with him better but lose every tap and risk a few more contested marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back