Preview Changes vs North Melbourne

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You’re seriously suggesting moving Gawn to defence for this game?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know we obviously need him against Goldstein if he's fit enough. But if he's got some niggles, it could be worth double teaming Goldy. Gawn could play in defence and come into the ruck at times.

There's not many other Norf players to worry about. They're a trash team.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know we obviously need him against Goldstein if he's fit enough. But if he's got some niggles, it could be worth double teaming Goldy. Gawn could play in defence and come into the ruck at times.

There's not many other Norf players to worry about. They're a trash team.

Gawn has never played in defence. It’s a preposterous idea.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate do you watch the Dees? Almost every game where he's not in the ruck contest, he's at like CHB ready to clunk a mark when oppositions go inside 50...
Playing a kick behind the play as the loose man is completely different from playing the entire game in defense.

The Dr is right, it's a ridiculous idea.

Cause Tomlinson should be on the wing, not saying he was bad down there, but some would still prefer him on the wing

You could play Salem, Bedford, Baker or even Rivers on a wing instead.

Tomlinson's ability to play on taller and smaller types is preciously what we need down there. He's kind of like a Lynden Dunn minus the mongrel. Which reminds me, we should try him as our new kick in guy while we are at it.

Out: ANB, Gawn (needs a rest), AVB
In: Hunt, OMac, Rivers

Have assumed Lockhart will pull fine from the niggle he had.

Unfortunately AVB offered us next to nothing - didn't make up for the goal he was responsible for turning over.

Am assuming North will retain Majak and bring back Larkey, so OMac takes one of them. Can move Tomlinson back to the wing. Hunt plays forward.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
There was an article in the HS yesterday saying which players are most important for your team to win, from 2017-20.

In the Top 10 were four Dees - in short, we're statistically far more likely to win with OMac, TMac, ANB & Jetta in the team!

There was an article in the HS yesterday saying which players are most important for your team to win, from 2017-20.

In the Top 10 were four Dees - in short, we're statistically far more likely to win with OMac, TMac, ANB & Jetta in the team!

Nev and to some degree TMac I get, the other two make no sense. More just dumb luck they were involved in a lot of wins.

Our backline was always significantly worse without Nev in it.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just to give some perspective of the position we are in on the ladder. Coming up is Essendon v GWS and then WB v Brisbane. Essendon and the WB both have lower percentage than us. Should they both lose and we beat North then that will put us 9th. Clearly there is a lot more of the year to be played but that definitely puts us within touching distance of the 8.

This game against North can really set us up, we then play Collingwood and the WB, so really, the next period is make or break for us and probably for Goodwin’s future. Let’s hope that these guys see it that way and absolutely punish North who are clearly not a finals outfit. Whatever changes are made, I hope these blokes realise what’s on the line here.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

ANB has really gone backwards. Another example of our lack of player development.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just to give some perspective of the position we are in on the ladder. Coming up is Essendon v GWS and then WB v Brisbane. Essendon and the WB both have lower percentage than us. Should they both lose and we beat North then that will put us 9th. Clearly there is a lot more of the year to be played but that definitely puts us within touching distance of the 8.

This game against North can really set us up, we then play Collingwood and the WB, so really, the next period is make or break for us and probably for Goodwin’s future. Let’s hope that these guys see it that way and absolutely punish North who are clearly not a finals outfit. Whatever changes are made, I hope these blokes realise what’s on the line here.
Ha!

One game at a time old son, have you learner nothing??

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ha!

One game at a time old son, have you learner nothing??
It is one game at a time. Starting with North. I did say this sets us up! But shouldn’t these flogs be looking at what’s coming up? I mean, it’s pretty much season done and Goodwin done if we utensil up this next block of games. At least get our team balance right.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hook line and sinker demondavey ! 😂
920E5E23-9F97-4AAD-A65E-2F03BAE78322.gif

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't do it to yourself mate, daring to dream and predicting brighter times ahead with this club can only end in heartbreak. Lower your expectations to nothing, that way you'll never be disappointed. :)
Just an observation old son! Come on, you must have a vestige of optimism? I am happy to conclude it shall be totally extinguished should we lose on Sunday.

Just an observation old son! Come on, you must have a vestige of optimism? I am happy to conclude it shall be totally extinguished should we lose on Sunday.

I want to believe but I can't force myself to do so. I know another spinning heel kick to the face is just around the corner as soon as I do.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
It is one game at a time. Starting with North. I did say this sets us up! But shouldn’t these flogs be looking at what’s coming up? I mean, it’s pretty much season done and Goodwin done if we utensil up this next block of games. At least get our team balance right.
These campaigners will never have my trust again after this.

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 71
God I remember watching that Adelaide v WC game and thinking we’d be right. How wrong I was. Of course we HAD to lose to Collingwood.
The most frustrating thing is knowing that if we had kicked two goals at any point of the season we would have made finals.

Back