Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If we go offered say pick #10 for both would you do it?
Geez that's tough, I reckon that's a steal for another team but we wouldn't get much better. Essendon could fix their whole midfield with one pick.
Id consider it hard yep, especially if you could package that pick up for a smooth mover like Zac Williams

Geez that's tough, I reckon that's a steal for another team but we wouldn't get much better. Essendon could fix their whole midfield with one pick.
Id consider it hard yep, especially if you could package that pick up for a smooth mover like Zac Williams

Nek minnut: we draft an inside mid with pick 10 😂

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Imagine getting a first rounder for the 2. Essendon and Carlton crave those 2 players. They help their midfield out to the point they both become finals calibre- purely on the back of their overall list profile.

I'd personally only rather lose 1. I have a hate in for Brayshaw for no real reason other than his ability to kick the ball to anyone but his team mate. But harmes has rapidly caught up this year.

Imagine getting a first rounder for the 2. Essendon and Carlton crave those 2 players. They help their midfield out to the point they both become finals calibre- purely on the back of their overall list profile.

I'd personally only rather lose 1. I have a hate in for Brayshaw for no real reason other than his ability to kick the ball to anyone but his team mate. But harmes has rapidly caught up this year.

I'm a Sparrow believer, maybe I'm naive . But I honestly don't think we'd miss all that much by sending both packing.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm a Sparrow believer, maybe I'm naive . But I honestly don't think we'd miss all that much by sending both packing.
If it's not sparrow it could be any single player ever picked between 35-rookie. Worst case scenario throw pick 50 at st Kilda for Luke Dunstan. Inside mid over the next 5 years will be such an accessible interclub option.

Sparrow looks like he could be a good player and get a few games, he will have a crack etc. But like you I don't see him a huge downgrade if it gets us a bloke who does the occasional drop punt.

Billy Demon

Senior List
Jun 12, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
With the stupid contract extension Pert gave Goodwin, Goodwin can do whatever he wants and give us all the middle finger. Weid should not be rucking, he doesn’t have the body and could get injured. For f&&k sake why wouldn’t we ruck Preuss, if we don’t use him in a situation like this then why have him on the list? As for TMac if Goodwin plays him forward and TMac stuffs the forward line again then there is no hope at all for us until Goodwin pisses right off.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If it's not sparrow it could be any single player ever picked between 35-rookie. Worst case scenario throw pick 50 at st Kilda for Luke Dunstan. Inside mid over the next 5 years will be such an accessible interclub option.

Sparrow looks like he could be a good player and get a few games, he will have a crack etc. But like you I don't see him a huge downgrade if it gets us a bloke who does the occasional drop punt.
Said it on another thread, easier players to find in the AFL.
GC got Hugh Greenwood for free I think lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Sparrow is more than just decent. Shades of a young Callan Ward when I watch him play. He's an absolute animal around a ball in dispute.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think harmes has a little more diversity to his game (although he hasn't shown it this year) Brayshaw need to play as a onballer.

If it come to trading, harmes gets us pick 35, Brayshaw gets "he was 3rd in a Brownlow and is young" which might get us 12-20 from a team who are dumb as dogshit like Carlton or Essendon (who he would fit perfectly)

I know what you're saying but offering harmes for trade is like offering you my worn in sfida boots, Brayshaw is at least a worn in pair of nikes.
SFIDA! How can these legends POSSIBLY be out of stock?
0DBF016C-1B37-446A-842F-14E0D2D9C5D0.jpeg

His draft profile was of a young Jack Viney

Well I see Callan Ward, so they are wrong. 😛

After that strong mark last week vs the Crows I'm convinced Sparrow is fairly handy above his head, like Callan, unlike Jack.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Baffled as to how Preuss didn't come in.

My only guess is we're pumping game time into T-Mac to make sure he has some trade value end of season before shipping him off.

Back