Preview Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched that vision of the Crows going after Gawn’s shoulder last round - someone should’ve sat McHenry on his arse, what a grub.
You make a good point, but you know what? We don’t have it in us to step up like that. We don’t have guys that would floor the little git or rough him up to make a stand. That’s the difference between us and sides that actually all pull the same way all the time. We’ve never ever stepped in for Gawn. Ever.

I do, you will win. We’ve picked a pretty weird side. I don’t think you guys are great but it’s the kind of game you’re built for; sniffing out an opportunity against an under siege side failing to meet expectations.

North have picked 6 x KPP's!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dees bring Preuss in to the side.

They are trying to exploit us height wise maybe? But we’ve got enough talls so I reckon it’s going to be a SLOOOOOOOOOW game

It's more about having one last look at the list with 2021 in mind.

North have 24 blokes coming out of contract.

You’d be keeping Brown surely? You couldn’t off load a gun KPP like that.

I would highly suspect that to be the case. Don't get roped in by the resident North board supercoach twerps.

What’s the status on Robbie Tarrant? Highly rate that bloke. Would absolutely love him at CHB in red and navy.

Yes, he's a superstar mate, and unfortunately for the Dees, he is bolted on to North and contracted until the end of 2021 He's a one club player.

I reckon your club has spent it's defender budget anyway, and would be looking to add pace.

North will win because of our crazy team selections yet again! I'm gobsmacked no one has questioned why we haven't bothered to replace Gawn with a genuine ruckman? Especially one we gave a long contract to for this exact scenario!! So we make a guy who is horribly out of form and looks cooked, and isn't anywhere close to being a ruckman, go up against the most in form ruck in the comp? When we lose this game, the match committee should all be sacked on the spot.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Petracca & Luke McDonald go head to head today. They have both been in great form.

Tracs had a quiet couple of weeks, by his early season standards anyway, needs to step up without Viney and Gawn today.

North have picked 6 x KPP's!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Dees bring Preuss in to the side.
I’ve assumed Preuss named as an emergency is a clever ruse from our halfwit coach, the North coaches box will be thrown into disarray when the big fella strolls out to take is rightful place on the field and show us all why he is the highest paid back up ruck in History. ONWARDS

The gawn incident(s) for those like me wondering about it...

Like demondavey said, the club should be ******* ashamed of itself, I'm not one for king hitting anyone as most of you know but I'd excuse it on this occasion... Skip to around the 12:00 mark to see it.

Last edited:
North will win because of our crazy team selections yet again! I'm gobsmacked no one has questioned why we haven't bothered to replace Gawn with a genuine ruckman? Especially one we gave a long contract to for this exact scenario!! So we make a guy who is horribly out of form and looks cooked, and isn't anywhere close to being a ruckman, go up against the most in form ruck in the comp? When we lose this game, the match committee should all be sacked on the spot.
It’s been questioned all through the thread! Oh, wait, you talking about us clowns on BF or people who aren’t clowns getting paid big dollars to make decisions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been questioned all through the thread! Oh, wait, you talking about us clowns on BF or people who aren’t clowns getting paid big dollars to make decisions?
Ha. I mean the people who are actually paid $$ to ask the coaches and players the hard questions and write about it. Terry Wallace is the only one I've seen who has questioned our team selections. It has cost us games, and here we are again replacing the games premier ruckman, with a cooked backman come forward who hasn't got a kick in 18 months and expect him to compete against this years AA ruckman. It really is bizarre..

Like demondavey said, the club should be ******* ashamed of itself, I'm not one for king hitting anyone as most of you know but I'd excuse it on this occasion... Skip to around the 12:00 mark to see it.

Jesus! I’d not even seen this. That’s a disgrace. How the hell can that umpire not notice that little nobody run in and target Max? And now he is out? * me. What a joke. And Carlisle gets sanctioned for belting that Sydney blokes hand?

This competition is just a B grade s**t show. Inconsistent, rules for some and not others. I don’t know what we were thinking, but nobody flew the flag for us. Max gets smashed about and gets nothing. Melbourne should grow some plums and hit the AFL with a please explain or legal action for gross negligence.

Jesus! I’d not even seen this. That’s a disgrace. How the hell can that umpire not notice that little nobody run in and target Max? And now he is out? fu** me. What a joke. And Carlisle gets sanctioned for belting that Sydney blokes hand?

This competition is just a B grade sh*t show. Inconsistent, rules for some and not others. I don’t know what we were thinking, but nobody flew the flag for us. Max gets smashed about and gets nothing. Melbourne should grow some plums and hit the AFL with a please explain or legal action for gross negligence.
Put it with the rest of evidence pointing to the MFC being the AFLs stepchild.

Not convinced we shouldn’t have brought Pruess in. Hopefully Jackson can have a good crack in the ruck and not let Goldy get the clearances. Was half expecting Omac to come back in to free lever up more. But I guess lever did it last week without Omac. Not having Gawn floating back will hurt to.

You make a good point, but you know what? We don’t have it in us to step up like that. We don’t have guys that would floor the little git or rough him up to make a stand. That’s the difference between us and sides that actually all pull the same way all the time. We’ve never ever stepped in for Gawn. Ever.

And if they tried, Michael Christian would rub his hands will glee at 'making an example' and suspend someone for the rest of the season. That's why.

Jesus! I’d not even seen this. That’s a disgrace. How the hell can that umpire not notice that little nobody run in and target Max? And now he is out? fu** me. What a joke. And Carlisle gets sanctioned for belting that Sydney blokes hand?

This competition is just a B grade sh*t show. Inconsistent, rules for some and not others. I don’t know what we were thinking, but nobody flew the flag for us. Max gets smashed about and gets nothing. Melbourne should grow some plums and hit the AFL with a please explain or legal action for gross negligence.

Yep and yet vanders gets done for pushing a guy in the back after the siren has gone to reverse a free kick and ANB gets four weeks for his sling tackle while others get off lightly.

Every time Gawn was hit like that behind the ball should have been a free kick for blocking or whatever they want to call it, would've stopped after the first free kick.

If that's Grundy, eddie spends the next week blasting the umpires and the AFL and ensures it never happens again. We say nothing.

This is what I don't get. If the umpires wanna pull up VandenBerg up on some niggle, why do they let this s**t go every game, every ******* week. I agree our players need to fly the flag for Max a bit more but surely constant bumps and shoves behind the play is illegal?

You just know if we threw it back the other way we'd get pinged too.

It was his choice to join us tho. Ridiculous decision for his career.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
But when he joined it was under the assumption he’d be used as a second tall, we didn’t have Jackson then, McDonald was doing well as a forward, and we were looking for another KPD. Definitely be pissed off if he wasn’t picked in front of McDonald for a spot he was drafted for.

Yep and yet vanders gets done for pushing a guy in the back after the siren has gone to reverse a free kick and ANB gets four weeks for his sling tackle while others get off lightly.

Every time Gawn was hit like that behind the ball should have been a free kick for blocking or whatever they want to call it, would've stopped after the first free kick.

If that's Grundy, eddie spends the next week blasting the umpires and the AFL and ensures it never happens again. We say nothing.

Absolutely. We really need to whinge more. It's the only way you can make sure you don't get ****ed over in this sport.

This is what I don't get. If the umpires wanna pull up VandenBerg up on some niggle, why do they let this sh*t go every game, every ******* week. I agree our players need to fly the flag for Max a bit more but surely constant bumps and shoves behind the play is illegal?

You just know if we threw it back the other way we'd get pinged too.

You just say * that mate, somebody needs to belt the guys for doing that sort of s**t to an injured player .

Weak as piss by our players, don't care if the coach said not to, if that was my captain and teammate I'd gladly cop a 10 weeker just to send a message that we aren't going to put up with that s**t any longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back