Preview Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here.

I'm a refugee from the North board, cast out by bureaucrats who kowtow to their precious former leader.

As for North, our team is abysmal this year and I for one am hoping we tank the s**t out of the rest of 2020.

Not that I'm sure we even need to tank. We might actually be that bad. No Cunnington exposes how weak our midfield really is.

With that said, North have had the wood over the Demons since I was a teenager, that was a long time ago now.

I want to believe we're a chance to win this round, because it is the last match worth winning from a draft order perspective.

Are Melbourne really going to go in without a ruckman? What kind of madness is this?

On the flipside, why is North going in so tall?

It is like both Shaw and Goodwin want to open season 2021 at the top of the bookies markets for first coach sacked.

Melksham for three goals, Higgins for two. Maybe a draw. Other than that I got no predictions.

Goldy is in form and an aerobic beast for a ruck. He loves running players off their feet and pushing forward. Preuss coming off no pre season and recent injury would get run off his feet unfortunately. They're just going to concede the taps and then have Tmac/Jackson tag him around the ground. Makes sense to me, considering our mids should bully them around the ball even without the tap. More worried about Goldy burning an unfit Preuss off and taking grabs inside 50. Tmac can run with him and is a decent matchup 1v1 in defensive 50.

Goody is Crazy but I don't think this is the craziest thing he's done

Goldy is in form and an aerobic beast for a ruck. He loves running players off their feet and pushing forward. Preuss coming off no pre season and recent injury would get run off his feet unfortunately. They're just going to concede the taps and then have Tmac/Jackson tag him around the ground. Makes sense to me, considering our mids should bully them around the ball even without the tap. More worried about Goldy burning an unfit Preuss off and taking grabs inside 50. Tmac can run with him and is a decent matchup 1v1 in defensive 50.

Goody is Crazy but I don't think this is the craziest thing he's done

I'm not really fussed that Preuss wasn't selected since I think he wouldn't really provide much. He'll get beaten in the ruck and he'll only plod around the field so why bother playing him?

I think the more valid reason to be annoyed is that everyone's qualms about getting Preuss in the first place have been totally vindicated. He's simply a list clogger.

I'm not really fussed that Preuss wasn't selected since I think he wouldn't really provide much. He'll get beaten in the ruck and he'll only plod around the field so why bother playing him?

I think the more valid reason to be annoyed is that everyone's qualms about getting Preuss in the first place have been totally vindicated. He's simply a list clogger.
Exactly. Head scratching at the time we signed him, and even more head scratching now that we're not going to even play him when Gawn is out. Weve got another 2 years of him clogging up a spot after this one. 4 years was just a bizarre length to sign him up for. Jackson has basically ended Preussy boy's career.

I don't know what Goodwin might be saying behind closed doors , but listening to him answer questions on the Gawn sniping sounds more like a mother complaining to the headmaster cause some one got picked on, on the field at the last footy game. I first noticed this during the Prelim v West Coast . Port did it round 1 2019 , no one said a word. No one from our team did anything about it either. I will assume the commentary team were doing it from their lounge rooms and seeing what we were because it wasn't picked up at all from what i remember . To busy barracking for Adelaide as well .
Maybe when the club talk about culture and "Brand" they might reflect on how often we appear meek and accepting of any s**t thrown at us , on field and off.

Well, we got him for Dom Tyson who has been injured and has done precisely zero, which is somehow less than Preuss.

Over the pre-season Preuss had slimmed down a bit, just unfortunate that he got injured when he did. He's still young and we can always trade him on again. Lots of clubs still looking for a decent first ruck. He's lumbering but quite effective at what he does. Beat Kreuzer last year.

If he had a bit more training/conditioning under his belt (No VFL this year for him to fast track his fitness after missing a lot of pre season) and we were playing someone like Adelaide with Riley O'Brien then I think we would have played him. Not against an in form Goldy though. We have more to lose than gain by playing him.

I don't understand the melts over Preuss. Gawn has had serious long term injuries to his knee and hammy and gets the most attention out of maybe any other player. We needed insurance and went out and got maybe the best VFL ruckman out there for Dom Tyson. Don't understand the melts over this one.

Kane Cornes shows us footage of Max Gawn being targetted by Adelaide. Some say good luck to Adel others say the umpires needed to protect Max. One thing is for sure , Max could easily have smashed that pissant McHenry as he ran 50m to target Max - but obviously Max didn’t want to get rubbed out. So my question is if the umps won’t sort it out where are Max’s team mates. Our guys just let McHenry run off them and target Max. At least do something to help your captain, block McHenry or at least give him some of the same treatment. We let this s**t slam into our captain several times and did nothing . Don’t blame Max , where are his mates to help him - show some spine.

Well, we got him for Dom Tyson who has been injured and has done precisely zero, which is somehow less than Preuss.

Over the pre-season Preuss had slimmed down a bit, just unfortunate that he got injured when he did. He's still young and we can always trade him on again. Lots of clubs still looking for a decent first ruck. He's lumbering but quite effective at what he does. Beat Kreuzer last year.

If he had a bit more training/conditioning under his belt (No VFL this year for him to fast track his fitness after missing a lot of pre season) and we were playing someone like Adelaide with Riley O'Brien then I think we would have played him. Not against an in form Goldy though. We have more to lose than gain by playing him.

I don't understand the melts over Preuss. Gawn has had serious long term injuries to his knee and hammy and gets the most attention out of maybe any other player. We needed insurance and went out and got maybe the best VFL ruckman out there for Dom Tyson. Don't understand the melts over this one.
You’ve answered your own questions to a degree, no one’s against an insurance policy it would be fair to say we all agree on that, the issue is drastically over paying for said policy and then not using it when you need it the most.

I raised this bloke last year when the board had a similar discussion and was told I was a dickhead ( Not beyond the realms of possibilities) but an Oscar McInternet type is the ideal solution, better player, can pinch hit forward cheaper and on a 2 year deal and also came off the Casey list. Pointing out the obvious Dumb decisions made by our club doesn’t equate to melting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve answered your own questions to a degree, no one’s against an insurance policy it would be fair to say we all agree on that, the issue is drastically over paying for said policy and then not using it when you need it the most.

I raised this bloke last year when the board had a similar discussion and was told I was a dickhead ( Not beyond the realms of possibilities) but an Oscar McInternet type is the ideal solution, better player, can pinch hit forward cheaper and on a 2 year deal and also came off the Casey list. Pointing out the obvious Dumb decisions made by our club doesn’t equate to melting.
You do realise we had committed to Oscar in the preseason draft, and he had previously had 0 contact with other clubs? That Brisbane swooped in and picked him was so far left field even big Oscar was shocked...

Don't go all hindsight again man.

Did Preuss root your dog or something?

You do realise we had committed to Oscar in the preseason draft, and he had previously had 0 contact with other clubs? That Brisbane swooped in and picked him was so far left field even big Oscar was shocked...

Don't go all hindsight again man.
You do realise using relevant and easy to understand examples has nothing to do with hindsight, but thanks for helping me make my point in relation to big Oscar. Dont get sucked in to using TK‘s brain dead rhetorical reply’s, start thinking for yourself.

I already replied to the substance of your argument.

You're boring and you shoe-horn it into every thread. You don't like Preuss, we get it.

Your dumb obsessive posting on it deserves a dumb response like the one I posted

Kane Cornes shows us footage of Max Gawn being targetted by Adelaide. Some say good luck to Adel others say the umpires needed to protect Max. One thing is for sure , Max could easily have smashed that pissant McHenry as he ran 50m to target Max - but obviously Max didn’t want to get rubbed out. So my question is if the umps won’t sort it out where are Max’s team mates. Our guys just let McHenry run off them and target Max. At least do something to help your captain, block McHenry or at least give him some of the same treatment. We let this sh*t slam into our captain several times and did nothing . Don’t blame Max , where are his mates to help him - show some spine.

Jones is the one who needs to be sticking up for team mates and getting into a bit of rough and tumble. He's on his last legs, the whole season is a bit of a joke/dumpster fire and he hasn't really got anything left to play for.

He needs to line up the opposition snipers and start crunching them.

Everyone says Gawn is soft and not a leader everyone can get behind but maybe he’s told his teammates to just ignore it if the AFL higher ups aren’t going to do anything about it, and get on with the game so he can work through it himself. Which I guess makes him even softer.

I already replied to the substance of your argument.

You're boring and you shoe-horn it into every thread. You don't like Preuss, we get it.

Your dumb obsessive posting on it deserves a dumb response like the one I posted
There you go not nearly as hilarious as your last reply but you tried you’re best.

When you involve yourself in a conversation about Pruess and then post exclusively about Pruess don’t be surprised when someone responds to you about Pruess. I have nothing against Pruess or any other MFC player never meet any of them or have any desire to, he could be the best bloke in the world I could care less but either way it doesn’t change any of the facts around his contract his role at the club or if he should be playing today, if I’m wrong about any of this I’m happy to be shown where.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back